PDA

View Full Version : NorthWatch....the idiocy continues

captain54
08-02-2003, 03:54 PM
for those who don't follow or listen to Mike North (smart people), I happened to tune in the other day and laughed my ass off listening to him tap dance around the fact that he said the Sox would lose 2 of 3 to KC and never spend a day in first place this year....now the big mouth has to shave his head, or dye it blond, or whatever....LMAO!!!

this guy should be run out of town the same way Chet Choppock was....nobody should be able to continue to make insulting comments and idiotic remarks about women, ethnic groups, races, religions, etc..(not to mention stupid sports predictions) without some accountability....

memo to North and the establishments you plug ( for free dinner, drinks, etc.).....good luck getting any of my business....

to have let Dan Jiggetts go and keep this low life around is unfanthomable ....

shame on you SCORE management!!!

voodoochile
08-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by captain54
for those who don't follow or listen to Mike North (smart people), I happened to tune in the other day and laughed my ass off listening to him tap dance around the fact that he said the Sox would lose 2 of 3 to KC and never spend a day in first place this year....now the big mouth has to shave his head, or dye it blond, or whatever....LMAO!!!

this guy should be run out of town the same way Chet Choppock was....nobody should be able to continue to make insulting comments and idiotic remarks about women, ethnic groups, races, religions, etc..(not to mention stupid sports predictions) without some accountability....

memo to North and the establishments you plug.....good luck getting any of my business....

to have let Dan Jiggetts go and keep this low life around is unfanthomable ....

You do realize that by using those names here, you are essentially plugging them even more. Hopefully some people join in your boycott, but the best solution is to stop listening. Less listeners means less revenue means, bye-bye radio personality...

SoxFanDan
08-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Isnt it true that North tried out for the job that DJ eventually received. Maybe North is still bitter that the Sox managment didnt want a loud mouthed loser with Hawk.

RedPinStripes
08-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Hawk would have killed him in a week.

captain54
08-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You do realize that by using those names here, you are essentially plugging them even more.

I stand corrected....

Please note my post has been duly edited.......

PaleHoseGeorge
08-02-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
Isnt it true that North tried out for the job that DJ eventually received.

Yes. He publicly campaigned to get the job and publicly complained when he didn't get it. Is anybody surprised?

Originally posted by SoxFanDan
Maybe North is still bitter that the Sox managment didnt want a loud mouthed loser with Hawk.

I have no doubt he is still bitter. He spent days on his radio show back in '00 replaying a piece of audio tape from Hawk and D.J.'s call of a Sox game "proving" that Hawk was sick of his sidekick. Gee, I can't imagine who North thought would be the better sidekick!

Do your brain cells a favor. Don't listen to that *******. He is a complete embarrassment to the entire City of Chicago.

BearSox
08-02-2003, 05:57 PM
If you must listen to the score the night time is the right time, they promoted Julie Swieca to the weekly 10:00 to 1:00 slot and she by far is the best personality because she sticks to sports and knows her stuff not to mention shes a die hard sox fan. Even for cubs fans shes pretty fair to with the exception of one entertaining night when some cub fan called in and was pissed of that she started an update with sox highlights which she promptly replied.
:julie
"If Cub Fans Don't Like It, They Can Go To Hell"

Shoeless Joe
08-02-2003, 06:19 PM
I agree, Julie Swieca is a very good host but listening to the Score can definitely raise your blood pressure at times. I only listen to the Score when football season comes around. I always find it entertaining to hear Ed O'Bradovich and Doug Buffone go crazy every Sunday. Especially when they're bashing Shoop.

Lip Man 1
08-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Ummmm....

Hate to tell you this Captain but Chet wasn't run out of town....he went to New York city which isn't exactly chopped liver

and now Chet's back in Chicago working for The Sporting News radio network again not exactly chopped liver.....

Lip

Mammoo
08-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Hawk would have killed him in a week.

Reinsdorf would have done it in three days!! :D:

Mammoo
08-02-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
and now Chet's back in Chicago working for The Sporting News radio network again not exactly chopped liver.....
Lip

Ratings-wise SNR is worse than chopped liver...

...except for Papa Joe C!

Mammoo
08-02-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
they promoted Julie Swieca to the weekly 10:00 to 1:00 slot

...that's just where she belongs...

This is the airhead that reported on the Murph and Fred Show that Kenny Lofton is "kinda jerky in the clubhouse". :?:

That's insight for ya'!

Viva Magglio
08-02-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Yes. He publicly campaigned to get the job and publicly complained when he didn't get it. Is anybody surprised?

Hasn't North, the race-baiter that he is, also complained that DJ got the job simply because he is black? I don't know this for sure, but I certainly would not put something like that past North.

I hardly listen to his show anymore. I'll listen to the other Score shows, but it's usually Newsradio 780 or ESPN 1000 when North is on. North was great with Jiggetts in the Score's 820 days, but now he has become a right-wing shock jock more interested in bashing minorities and talking about sports.

captain54
08-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Ummmm....

Hate to tell you this Captain but Chet wasn't run out of town....he went to New York city which isn't exactly chopped liver
Lip

and did what?? an usher at Madison Square Garden?

Lip

sorry, I've never listened to Sporting News Radio in my life, but if they had something decent to listen to during North's time slot (2-6) I'd tune in a heartbeat...

Jjav829
08-03-2003, 12:39 AM
The Sporting News radio network again not exactly chopped liver.....

Lip

Yeah, calling The Sporting News radio network chopped liver would be an insult to chopped liver. That station is pure crap.

TornLabrum
08-03-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Yeah, calling The Sporting News radio network chopped liver would be an insult to chopped liver. That station is pure crap.

Are they on the old 820 kHz frequency that WSCR used to occupy? If not, where are they?

Lip Man 1
08-03-2003, 01:51 AM
Chet worked on TV in NYC.

and The Sporting News may be dung in the Chicago market but they have over 400 affiliates across the nation, that's not chopped liver either.

They are dung in Chicago because they don't talk about Chicago teams all the time.

Lip

Brian26
08-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Chet Coppock doesn't get the credit he truly deserves, which is really too bad. He practically invented sports talk radio in the early 80's. He left for New York in 1994 and went national with his interview show, which was aired on the Sportschannel network coast to coast. When he came back to town a few years later, I think he found that time had passed him by. I'd take Coppock in a second over North.

As for North, what in the hell makes him qualified to be a mlb announcer? Because he worked those 16" softball game telecasts on Sportschannel 8 years ago? Rush arena football? Give me a break. What a dueche.

Papa Joe C. on Sporting News Radio is outstanding. Definitely check him out.

Jjav829
08-03-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Are they on the old 820 kHz frequency that WSCR used to occupy? If not, where are they?

Yeah, thats where they are. The old crapbox still shuts down at night. I wonder if people actually listen to that station...

duke of dorwood
08-03-2003, 10:57 AM
I simply do not turn on 670-it was bad in the beginning and just got intolerable as time went on. And funny, I dont miss a thing. ESPN 1000 gives you all the info you need. I never miss anything, just by either periodically checking 1000, or on the computer. The 670 radio station provides nothing. and the afternoon pig is the posterboy for nothing. The last straw against ever turning it on was their banning 1000 from Bears training camp after 1000 allowed them at the Bulls draft.
Wake up everyone-

fquaye149
08-03-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
...that's just where she belongs...

This is the airhead that reported on the Murph and Fred Show that Kenny Lofton is "kinda jerky in the clubhouse". :?:

That's insight for ya'!

herky jerky, or beef jerky?

captain54
08-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Chet Coppock doesn't get the credit he truly deserves, which is really too bad.

I'd have to disagree with you there, my friend....

Credit for what, really? Coppock was/is the prototype of what is truly annoying about big mouth talk radio hosts that try to be bigger than the games themselves....North simply took it to another level....

Coppock, to me, was all about self promotion, glad handing, sucking up, and cutting off callers.....

I think the sportstalk radio/host personality has seen its day....we are indundated with sports on TV, Cable, Satellite, the Internet, print, magazines, etc....

The only sports talk show hosts I like to listen to these days are former athletes (sorry Grobber, but I did like "and for that YOU SUCK!)....I like Jiggetts, Jimmy Piersall, and the Buffone/O'Bradovich show after Bear games....

Hey Grobber, care to pipe in???

TornLabrum
08-03-2003, 02:29 PM
I'd have to disagree with you there, my friend....

Credit for what, really? Coppock was/is the prototype of what is truly annoying about big mouth talk radio hosts that try to be bigger than the games themselves....North simply took it to another level....

Coppock, to me, was all about self promotion, glad handing, sucking up, and cutting off callers.....

I think the sportstalk radio/host personality has seen its day....we are indundated with sports on TV, Cable, Satellite, the Internet, print, magazines, etc....

The only sports talk show hosts I like to listen to these days are former athletes (sorry Grobber, but I did like "and for that YOU SUCK!)....I like Jiggetts, Jimmy Piersall, and the Buffone/O'Bradovich show after Bear games....

Hey Grobber, care to pipe in???

You forgot to mention that Coppock, pound for pound has the largest banjo butt of any sportstalk host. It is of Ernie Banksian proportions.

ChiSoxBobette
08-04-2003, 07:42 AM

memo to North and the establishments you plug ( for free dinner, drinks, etc.).....good luck getting any of my business....

to have let Dan Jiggetts go and keep this low life around is
unfanthomable ....

STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, DON'T LISTEN TO THE IDIOT THE GUY JUST WANTS TO GET ON THE FLUBS GOOD SIDE SO HE CAN BE THE VOICE OF THE FLUBS . JUST DON'T BOTHER LISTENING TO THE GOOF!

Hokiesox
08-04-2003, 08:05 AM
[i] SCORE management!!! [/B]

There's a phrase I never thought I'd hear...even from Washington DC!