PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be nice . . .

phanreign
08-02-2003, 02:22 PM
When the Sox and if the Cubs make it to the World Series and it comes down to a deciding game seven at the Cell because Dusty Baker was out managed at the All-Star game. That would be a dream come true.

nut_stock
08-02-2003, 02:41 PM
personally, I don't want to see the cubs anywhere near the world series.

RKMeibalane
08-02-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock

I don't, either. The ultimate scenario would be the Sox winning the World Series on a Frank Thomas home run. Just thinking about the look on Jay Mariotti's face is enough to make me grin.

FJA
08-02-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock

I agree, but if we were in it, it would be nice no matter what NL team plays to mockingly thank Dusty for home-field advantage. Maybe give him a plastic replica World Series ring in a 2004 pre-game ceremony.

kingpin_rcs
08-02-2003, 04:09 PM
The White Sox getting to the WS would be a dream come true (duh). The Cubs making it would be a nigthmare (double duh). Both making it at the same time would suck. This is because the entire freaking NATION (perhaps even the world) would be talking about the Cubs and rooting for them. Jay Leno, David Letterman, Conan, Barbara Walters and that fat guy the does the weather on the Today show. It would all be about "loveable loosers" and Wrigley Field and weeds in the outfield and Harry is watching from above and blah blah blah!!!!!!!!

If you went out of town and said you were from Chicago, people would say "Oh, you must be excited about the Cubs in the World Seires!".

The Cubs, must NEVER, EVER make it to the World Series

voodoochile
08-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs
The White Sox getting to the WS would be a dream come true (duh). The Cubs making it would be a nigthmare (double duh). Both making it at the same time would suck. This is because the entire freaking NATION (perhaps even the world) would be talking about the Cubs and rooting for them. Jay Leno, David Letterman, Conan, Barbara Walters and that fat guy the does the weather on the Today show. It would all be about "loveable loosers" and Wrigley Field and weeds in the outfield and Harry is watching from above and blah blah blah!!!!!!!!

If you went out of town and said you were from Chicago, people would say "Oh, you must be excited about the Cubs in the World Seires!".

After 1908, I don't care. Once it hits triple-digits, the rest is pure gravy.

SoxxoS
08-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Plus, if we do play the Cubs in the World Series eventually, (probably should be in teal) imagine if we LOST.

I couldn't even fathom that.

Not only do the Cubs win the World Series (a horrible, horrible thing in itself) they would beat US to do it.

Then again, imagine if we beat them...

Thunderstruck30
08-03-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs

Amen.

WhiteSox = Life
08-03-2003, 03:32 AM
I just noticed it looking at the title of this thread...

And yes, it's a happy song.

:smile:

With all due apologies to the Beach Boys, may I present to you "Wouldn't It Be Nice" with the lyrics redone by WhiteSox = Life

Wouldn't It Be Nice

Wouldn’t it be nice as we grew older
The Cubs and White Sox were in a race
To see which team would make it to the playoffs
The Sox did, the Cubs fell on their face

You know it’s gonna make it so much sweeter
As the Sox pull away and the Cubs teeter

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could wake up
In the morning when the sun’s risen
And see another White Sox victory
Capturing the Central Division

Happy times together as we’re thinking
“Thank God that there is no more tinkering”
Wouldn’t it be nice

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it’d be all right
Oh yes, then we’d celebrate and party every night, for
We would be champions
And then we’d be happy

Wouldn’t it be nice

It’s a thrill we’ve been deprived of as we’ve grown
Every year we never capture the throne
The thrill that must be known
Wouldn’t it be nice

World Series Champions
Chicago White Sox

doublem23
08-03-2003, 03:47 AM
Sweet. :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
With all due apologies to the Beach Boys, may I present to you "Wouldn't It Be Nice" with the lyrics redone by WhiteSox = Life

Wouldn't It Be Nice....

It's funny because it's true.

:bandance: