PDA

View Full Version : Ok, lets have a show of hands....

MaggPipes
08-02-2003, 12:40 PM
remember a month or two ago when all of you Konerko "haters" were calling for his head and wanting to trade him?? And I and a couple others guys said you were crazy? He may not have been having a good year, but lets see Daubach do what he is doing.....yeah that is what i thought....he can't......

WhiteSox = Life
08-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
remember a month or two ago when all of you Konerko "haters" were calling for his head and wanting to trade him?? And I and a couple others guys said you were crazy? He may not have been having a good year, but lets see Daubach do what he is doing.....yeah that is what i thought....he can't......

It also helps that PK has been around for a few years. Jerry has given Konerko many more opportunities to hit than Daubach, who has not had very consistent playing time.

Daubach is streaky and you don't give him any shots to click when he's on the bench most of the time.

I believe Konerko is better than Daubach, but Daubach hasn't had a very fair chance to prove otherwise.

Just my two cents.

SoxxoS
08-02-2003, 01:20 PM
$8 million per year players can't hit under .200 until the All-Star break. Period. He was a HUGE reason why our offense struggled so much. Even though he is hitting well, I would still trade him for the right players in a heartbeat.

JUGGERNAUT
08-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Is Konerko a detriminent on the base pads? Yes.

Is Konerko prone to DP's more so than any other player on the SOX? Yes.

Is Konerko one of the worst players when it comes to moving runners along? Yes.

Is Konerko that much better than Thomas at 1B? No.

So what you have in Konerko is a hit or miss bat that costs you 8MIL/yr.

Historically Konerko's months have been as follows:
April - Ok, May - Sucks, Jun - Star, Jul - Star, Aug - Sucks, Sept - Ok.

Now it varies year to year but it basically comes down to the same counts:
Star: 2 months
Average at best: 2 months
Sucks: 2 months

2K3:
Sucks: 3 months
Star: 1 month

Now is that type of player worth 8MIL?
Not in my book!

Seriously if the SOX could get a solid SS for Konerko, I would move Val to 1B in a heartbeat & ship Koney out.

Val's biggest problem D has been his throws. Not is range. He would make an excellent 1B.

I would love to see:
2B: Robbie
SS: New
DH: Thomas
RF: Ordonez
LF: Lee
1B: Val
3B: Crede
CF: Rowand/Borchard/New
C : Olivo

For next yr's lineup.

for the starting lineu

kermittheefrog
08-02-2003, 06:19 PM
I would still trade Konerko if we had the chance. In the Red Sox got two guys who hit at least as good as Konerko in Kevin Millar and David Ortiz and pay them 1/8 of what Konerko makes. It's a bad contract, plain and simple. Konerko would have to hit like Maggs or Frank to make it worthwhile.

doublem23
08-02-2003, 09:46 PM
I'd still trade Konerko. Problem is no one else is dumb enough to pay him as much as we are. D'oh!

Mammoo
08-03-2003, 12:49 AM
I'd trade him for a fifth starter, that's for sure! Kudo's to him for apparently getting it together after a long miserable struggle :gulp: . Blaming him for the lousy start is unfair, however.

Thunderstruck30
08-03-2003, 12:53 AM
That pinch hit game tying home run that Konerko hit about a month ago was huge. He caught fire after that and maybe wouldnt be as hot as he is now if it wasnt for the homer.