PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Standing O?

anotherDCsoxfan
08-02-2003, 09:11 AM
I've been lurking on this site for awhile now, but this is my first time posting...

If the Sox can take at least 2 of 3 this weekend, is it time for the return of the great standing ovation Sox fans gave after that east coast road trip in 2000? It seems to me this team has earned the respect of the fans, and it would be great to see that show of support Monday night.

:gulp:
You drink to celebrate when you win, you drink in sorrow when you lose. I'm no alcoholic, just a drinking fan with a sports problem.

whitesoxwilkes
08-02-2003, 09:18 AM
I'll be there. And standing. And clapping.

LongLiveFisk
08-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure as hell going to rise to my feet and give the standing "o" when they come out!

Then, maybe I'll have a beer :gulp:

voodoochile
08-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by anotherDCsoxfan
I've been lurking on this site for awhile now, but this is my first time posting...

If the Sox can take at least 2 of 3 this weekend, is it time for the return of the great standing ovation Sox fans gave after that east coast road trip in 2000? It seems to me this team has earned the respect of the fans, and it would be great to see that show of support Monday night.

:gulp:
You drink to celebrate when you win, you drink in sorrow when you lose. I'm no alcoholic, just a drinking fan with a sports problem.

Welcome Aboard :D:

The circumstances are so similar it is eerie. Wait and see how the next two days go, but the Sox have already earned that standing-O, IMO. A few people stand and applaud still. The ones who remember that is, but this will time the Sox should get the whole house going pretty easily. Keep at it Sox 2 more road games to go...

gosox41
08-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Welcome Aboard :D:

The circumstances are so similar it is eerie. Wait and see how the next two days go, but the Sox have already earned that standing-O, IMO. A few people stand and applaud still. The ones who remember that is, but this will time the Sox should get the whole house going pretty easily. Keep at it Sox 2 more road games to go...

I remember 2000 and the standing O's well. For the 2003 season, up until the Cub sereis, I have not stood up and clapped because I have a hard time cheering for crap. Now that they're playing better, I'll give them they're just due.

Bob

MarkV
08-02-2003, 03:21 PM
I was at the very first game when we gave the Sox the standing O during the sonata after they came back from that CLE/NYY road trip back in 2000. Heck, I was clearly visible in the huge, full color picture on the back page of the Sun-Times the next day. Since the Flubs series, I've gotten back to the standing O, and I'll be there this week doing it again. :D: :D:

doublem23
08-02-2003, 03:54 PM
I was at that game, too, and I have been giving them a Standing O when they trot on the field every time since.

anotherDCsoxfan
08-02-2003, 03:56 PM
I don't think the team has deserved a pre-game standing O yet this season...It's one thing to support your team, but the standing ovation should be reserved for a real sign of respect, something this team finally deserves.

Unfortunately, I'm in DC and won't be there this week, but I hope to read about the great fan support and perhaps even see it on the highlights.

:bkoch:
"I really don't suck that bad. Just give me another chance. Please..."

doublem23
08-02-2003, 04:20 PM
If they come home in first place, what else do they need to do to get a standing O?

anotherDCsoxfan
08-02-2003, 04:57 PM
This week they deserve it...just not up until this point...