PDA

View Full Version : Not to be a pessimist

34rancher
08-02-2003, 10:01 AM
But has anyone noticed the Twins have gone 10-5 since the break and are only 3.5 behind us right now? Can we order few losses for them? Although if we keep winning in these kinds of fashions, I wonder if Bud would even have the playoffs. :)

jortafan
08-02-2003, 10:24 AM
While I appreciate your concern about the Twins being close behind, lighten up a bit.

Consider that at the All-Star break, we were only 1/2 game ahead of Minnesota. So our team has actually increased its lead in recent days.

Now, let's just hope they don't piss it away.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-02-2003, 10:39 AM
We've actually increased our lead over Minnesota during their little mini streak. In fact, if we hadn't been pounding lumps on KC this week, Gardenhire's bitches would have little more than a .500 record to show for all their effort.

The season is not over. Worry about what is in front of us. You won't find Minnesota there.

fquaye149
08-02-2003, 11:32 AM
the twins havea cakewalk coming up so don't fret if they creep close or don't get left in the dust...we have another series with them in september and if we can get out of august still ahead of them, their easiest stuff is behind them...so it looks decent

we have a good shot! stay hot!

Dan H
08-02-2003, 12:32 PM
I don't think the Sox need to worry about KC or the Twins. It is themselves they need to be concerned with. If the Sox overcome their own phobias, KC or the Twins won't be a problem.

manuelsucks
08-02-2003, 01:12 PM
Yeah I agree with you all. The Sox should be able to get keep the Twins and KC out of their hair, if they can manage to not play down to their level. I think the Twins and KC will eventually self-explode and go downhill, but thats just my thought.

Lip Man 1
08-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Three words for everyone;

strenght of schedule

Lip