PDA

View Full Version : Counting Your Chickens Before.......

chisoxt
08-01-2003, 10:40 PM
The recent discussions about what how KC has an easier schedule over the next month compared to the Sox reminds me of the Sox in 2000 when they played lights out against the Yankees, Cleveland, Boston etc., but could barely pLay 500 ball against the also-rans. In my years of watching baseball, the last teams that you want to play at the end of the years are the loose-goosey teams with younger players that have nothing to lose and love playing the spoiler.....So, I am glad they we're playing the tougher schedule.

Saracen
08-02-2003, 01:23 AM
It's actually Minnesota that's worrisome. They have by far the easiest schedule - shouldn't be hard for them playing Detroit almost every series.

TommyJohn
08-02-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by chisoxt
The recent discussions about what how KC has an easier schedule over the next month compared to the Sox reminds me of the Sox in 2000 when they played lights out against the Yankees, Cleveland, Boston etc., but could barely pLay 500 ball against the also-rans. In my years of watching baseball, the last teams that you want to play at the end of the years are the loose-goosey teams with younger players that have nothing to lose and love playing the spoiler.....So, I am glad they we're playing the tougher schedule.

You have a point. The best example of that from White Sox
history would have to be September 27, 1967. On the verge
of a pennant and swept in a doubleheader by the last place
Kansas City A's. It didn't get any worse than that.