PDA

View Full Version : As Hawk would say...This is B.S.

fledgedrallycap
08-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Why in the world can't the Sox game be seen on an overflow channel like CLTV or something???? Or is it and my cable company just sucks! :angry:

I'm sitting here watching the Braves game - at least it's winning baseball

harwar
08-02-2003, 10:46 AM
theres' some pretty good stuff on "the score" right now about this.WHITE SOX fans are angry and so are cub fans.

WhiteSox = Life
08-02-2003, 11:26 AM
A caller on the Score:

"I'm cheering for the Cubs to win, so I can get them off my TV! It hurt me inside."

:D:

voodoochile
08-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
A caller on the Score:

"I'm cheering for the Cubs to win, so I can get them off my TV! It hurt me inside."

:D:

A flubbie fan friend is over last night. We are doing a computer upgrade, and he wants to find out if the rain delay is over, so I am forced to keep them on the TV. Then the Sox get to play second fiddle to the extra innings game and I am just rooting for any kind of runs. I was rooting for 1-2-3 D-Backs innings, because it meant the flubbies (who had to bat anyway) would come up sooner. Never wanted ShamME to belt one out so many times in a row before... :D:

WhiteSox = Life
08-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Speaking of this whole interesting angle, I just heard on the Score this bit of news:

According to what I heard via George Ofman, the Sox are working with (or on) a channel that is similar to the YES Network for the Yankees, where all Sox games will be televised on one channel. And, this deal might be done by next year.

Make of it what you will. I have a bad short-term memory, but that's what I heard.

:smile:

harwar
08-02-2003, 12:44 PM
I had to turn it off.That guy ofman is all cubs all the time and one of the biggests *******s on the radio.The calls were all cubs ripping the Sox a new one.**** "the score".

WhiteSox = Life
08-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I had to turn it off.That guy ofman is all cubs all the time and one of the biggests *******s on the radio.The calls were all cubs ripping the Sox a new one.**** "the score".

I've only recently started listening to sports talk, and it's pretty much only the Score. I know a lot of it is Cubcentric, but I actually find listening to the hosts and the callers rant and/or rave about the Cubs pretty entertaining.

Cubs: Players, Fans, Hosts = Comic Relief

Viva Magglio
08-02-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
I've only recently started listening to sports talk, and it's pretty much only the Score. I know a lot of it is Cubcentric, but I actually find listening to the hosts and the callers rant and/or rave about the Cubs pretty entertaining.

Cubs: Players, Fans, Hosts = Comic Relief

Actually, several of the Score's hosts/anchors are Sox fans:

- Fred Huebner
- Dan Bernstein
- Mike North (when we're winning, closet Cub fan too)
- J. Hood
- Julie Swieca
- David Schuster

Also, I am not defending how FSN handled the overlap last night. They should have had a split screen and had the sound of whichever game had the better action going on at the time. Under this system, the 1st and 2nd inning scoring would not have been missed. As for why FSN still followed the Cub game, it boils down to what is known as the "Heidi Rule."

In 1968, NBC was telecasting an AFL West Coast game between the Oakland Raiders and New York Jets. The Jets were ahead by a seemingly wide enough margin in the 4th quarter, and NBC planned to air a "Heidi" movie at 6:00 when the game was supposed to end. 6:00 came and the game was still going on. Alas, NBC master control in New York switched off the game and put "Heidi" on. The football fans missed the Raiders scoring two touchtowns to beat the Jets, and it created a huge national uproar. Ever since, anyone broadcasting a sporting event has had to carry the event to its conclusion.