PDA

View Full Version : J. Hood Campaigning for AL MVP to be...

Viva Magglio
08-01-2003, 09:23 PM
:maggs

cheeses_h_rice
08-01-2003, 09:30 PM
I mean no disrespect towards Maggs, but really, does he honestly deserve MVP consideration at this point, over other players? AFAIK, he's hitting about #5 or so in the AL (I might be wrong), and in general his overall on-base numbers, slugging, etc. are about in the same position. He may even be #3-4 or so -- so why MVP over these other guys? Yes, he's played lights out the last few weeks, but don't guys like Ichiro, Delgado, Manny, have better stats than him and thus are more deserving?

whitesoxwilkes
08-01-2003, 10:14 PM
I think it's all going to boil down to how the Sox finish. MVPs always seem to come from successful teams.

RKMeibalane
08-01-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I think it's all going to boil down to how the Sox finish. MVPs always seem to come from successful teams.

Not always. Think of 1987, and the National League Most Valuable Player Award.

My stomach is turning just thinking about it.

Shoeless Joe
08-02-2003, 12:50 AM
A-Rod had spectacular numbers last year but was overtaken by Miguel Tejada who had a scorching hot team in the second half. Sounds familiar huh?

princek
08-02-2003, 01:12 AM
And last year Maggs was better than Tejada in almost every category!

gosox41
08-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

Unless you're the lovable loser Cubs. Then those dimwits vote in Andre Dawson for having a great year on a last place team.

Isn't losing cute??????

Bob