PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fox Sports Net TV Ratings For July Near All Time Monthly High

joecrede
08-01-2003, 08:08 PM
From today's John Jackson column:

The White Sox are surging, and so are the team's ratings on Fox Sports Net. Tuesday and Wednesday's games at Kansas City were the sixth and fifth highest-rated Sox games ever on FSN. Tuesday's game registered a 4.7 rating, and Wednesday's earned a 5.4. The Sox averaged a 3.0 rating for their FSN games in July, tied for the team's second-highest monthly rating on cable.

Chicago loves this outfit.

A.T. Money
08-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Hopefully, this bleeds into the stadium. Come on fans, we know you're watching, now go to some games!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-01-2003, 08:21 PM
This is great to hear, but I'm hardly surprised. Winning is what it is all about, and not even three generations of Chicagoans brainwashed into embracing "lovable losing" can change human nature. The Sox get hot for two weeks and our ratings are up.

The real trick is winning consistently. That's the only way to bring the fans back to the ballpark and, more importantly, build the fan base with new fans who wouldn't bother otherwise. 22 years after Reinsdorf bought the ballclub, this is the critical factor to the vitality of the Sox franchise.

Chicago is a Cubs town only to the extent the White Sox don't win.

I wouldn't worry about the media's bias once the Sox start winning consistently. The media's game is all about audience and circulation. Pissing off the majority of that potential audience unnecessarily is bad for business.

:moron
"Frank Thomas is the greatest ballplayer in the history of ever! Chicago's fans are twice blessed for being witness to his athletic talent and sparkling personality!"

cheeses_h_rice
08-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Oh how sweet it was to hear the buzz in my office today about last night's win, and the sound of a co-worker rounding up about 8 of his friends to get tickets online to go to Monday night's game vs. KC. Most of my co-workers are sort of baseball agnostics as far as Chicago loyalties go, but lately I've noticed a lot more talk about our ChiSox rather than those other bums.

:gulp:

Thunderstruck30
08-02-2003, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know what the highest rated Sox game on FSN was? And when was the highest rated month?