PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Royal columnist tries to make KC the better team...

doublem23
08-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Yeah, we just got horribly swept, but we still hustle! We're the best team in baseball! Please, please still pay attention to us!

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/baseball/mlb/kansas_city_royals/6437074.htm

Joe Posnanski... What a tool!

koch44
08-01-2003, 05:53 PM
If Moronnoti was there columnist, what would he have to say about "the play" that Posnanski wrote about.

WhiteSox = Life
08-01-2003, 06:01 PM
Unfortunately, though Chicago has most of them, crap like this article just goes to show everyone here that there are stupid sports writers all across the United States.

SoxxoS
08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
The newspaper obviously can't afford an editor-

"It probably will seem meaningless. You will want to talk about how Chicago beat Kansas City 8-6 in extra innings on Thursdays ."

MarkEdward
08-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Yeah, we just got horribly swept, but we still hustle! We're the best team in baseball! Please, please still pay attention to us!

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/baseball/mlb/kansas_city_royals/6437074.htm

Joe Posnanski... What a tool!

1. The Royals are still in first place.

2. The Royals haven't been anywhere near a division race in 14 years. At least we had 2000 and 1993. They need something to get excited about.

A.T. Money
08-01-2003, 07:42 PM
This guy is the biggest homer EVER!

I'll take Morrisey's and Moronotti's sarcasm ANY DAY! Those guys are fans. And sure, Morrisey was a bit of a homer in his last two articles, but for the most part, he's been a critic.

This homer just saw his team get whooped on, and he's still leaching onto "We're still in first...we're still in first....we're not going away."

I have news for you pal.....

THE CUBS SAID THAT TOO!!!!!

doublem23
08-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Ha... The Cubs even thought they were in first when they really weren't.

Go Sox, Devil Rays, and whoever the Cubs and Twins are playing.

Lip Man 1
08-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Did this guy ever reply to any WSI Sox fans who deluged him with e-mails after his column that the Sox were trying to "buy" a championship?

Lip

dickallen15
08-01-2003, 10:24 PM
It doesn't look like Tucker ran faster than Carl Lewis tonight. This guy should be writing for Streetwise.

Wimperoo
08-02-2003, 01:20 AM
This incredible "play" wasn't what this goof makes it seem. I was there (first white sox game ever!), and it was hit deep in the 2nd base hole, alomar was practically in the grass when he slid to stop it... It didn't take anything special to beat the throw, just everyday hustle. So good for them, they made a game out of it. But i think this columnist should be more focused on how the Royals will return next year after sitting at home for the playoffs this year. :D:

Peace
Chad

koch44
08-02-2003, 01:21 AM
Welcome Aboard! :smile:

ihatethecubs
08-02-2003, 03:59 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/images/kansascity/kansascity/5095/25961581690.jpg

i just want to say that Joe Posnanski is really stupid looking.

hose
08-02-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
http://www.kansascity.com/images/kansascity/kansascity/5095/25961581690.jpg

" Down four runs to the mighty D Rays the Royals came back against all odds to take the lead , this team is special.

Dan H
08-02-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Unfortunately, though Chicago has most of them, crap like this article just goes to show everyone here that there are stupid sports writers all across the United States.

I totally agree. Dumb sportswriters are spread across the nation. But the great Mike Downey wasted space in his column today campaigning for himself to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," at Wrigley. Even if this is a joke, it is a bad one. When will these people go away?

chuckn98229
08-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Sounds like this guy is auditioning for a job with the Cubune. It would go well with the 'one bad pitch' carrie wood column from the other day.

voodoochile
08-02-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Wimperoo
This incredible "play" wasn't what this goof makes it seem. I was there (first white sox game ever!), and it was hit deep in the 2nd base hole, alomar was practically in the grass when he slid to stop it... It didn't take anything special to beat the throw, just everyday hustle. So good for them, they made a game out of it. But i think this columnist should be more focused on how the Royals will return next year after sitting at home for the playoffs this year. :D:

Peace
Chad

Welcome Aboard! :D:

What about the other side of that hustle play? If Robbie doesn't knock that ball down and keep it in the infield, the game is over.

So I guess there was some heart and hustle exhibited by the White Sox too scattered in amongst those 13 huge, towering home runs...