PDA

View Full Version : Hangar 18...

alohafri
08-01-2003, 03:55 PM
...is getting almost as much television time as Billy Koch! Henry and his nephew were focused on twice after the game last night. Too bad you couldn't use that 2000 sign last night like you used the 400 sign last week.

LASOXFAN
08-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Did you see the picture on the cubune's website, the Sox fan holding up the "Another Royal Beating" Sign? That was classic! Especially the way the fans were looking at him. Loved it!

JJAustin69
08-01-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Did you see the picture on the cubune's website, the Sox fan holding up the "Another Royal Beating" Sign? That was classic! Especially the way the fans were looking at him. Loved it! That was an excellent pic. The totally dismayed Royals fans are priceless.

adsit
08-01-2003, 04:33 PM
I saw this too... let's look at it together, shall we? :D:

FarmerAndy
08-01-2003, 05:24 PM
I see Henry everytime I turn a game on. It's almost like those Waldo books, you know Henry is in the crowd somewhere.

Hangar18
08-04-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by JJAustin69
That was an excellent pic. The totally dismayed Royals fans are priceless.

I saw that dude, he was sitting near me, on the field level one section next to us. one of his partners got his other sign ripped by some stupid KC fan.....heh heh. what a good time that trip was...

Hangar18
08-04-2003, 08:10 AM
I'll clear up some questions about my "appearance" heh heh.
The reason my back was turned to the camera, was because I was giving the "business" to these jag royal fans in the section
behind us. They were talking JUNK the whole dang game, so
that was a great feeling to turn around and give it to them three-fold. Man there were a lot of FIGHTS there......

Hangar18
08-04-2003, 08:26 AM
.........and since were on this subject......I meant to ask this question. Did the TV show how many SOX FANS THERE WERE?
MAN WAS I PROUD at the number of us that were at that game....
the section I was in, 139, had a TON of us there, and of course,
was the section with the most "action" in it. I took pictures of
the many SOX Fans that were at the games there.....There was
a guy from ALASKA there! He was doing a western US
roadtrip, but mainly wanted to catch the SOX in KC. He has this
awesome tatoo of the sox logo on his calf. thats hardcore.

There were Tons of Sox fans throughout the City too, saw a bunch at the Negro League Museum (which is very cool by the way, someone here suggested it, excellent choice)

We "royally" pissed the KC people off at the O EE OO, MAGGLIO
chant.....which was LOUUUUUD>....then the whole place would
Booo. did anyone hear that? There are some nice down home fans there, but man....the rest of them were all RUDE and Ready to Fight, and throwing things at us, calling us Field Runners (of which i had to tell them they were cub fans) name calling.
Of course, all the KC fans within 5 rows of me werent Winning ANY "discussions". kind of funny how easy it was to win discussions with these people.

JJAustin69
08-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the front line report Hangar. There was really no way of getting that kind of perspective from the highlights etc. Good to know that there was a sizable force of Sox fans there.

Hangar18
08-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69
Thanks for the front line report Hangar. There was really no way of getting that kind of perspective from the highlights etc. Good to know that there was a sizable force of Sox fans there.

That makes me MAD as heck that Fox (or whoever was carryng the game) wasnt making an effort to show what was going on in the stands. THERE was a BIG STORY OFF THE FIELD IN THE STANDS AS WELL, as there were many many Sox Fans at this game. Every sox fan was not only wearing SOX STUFF (making it easier to spot them) but we all felt obligated to yell as loud as
3 other people. So for the 50 or so that were in our section, we sounded like 150 people....the whole stadium would boo with every thing we would do, which next invited things being thrown at us. Cant believe these "reporters" didnt notice any of this. Or the Fights. The Rivalry between the fans is definitely BACK now (from the mid 70's) I saw DJ outside the park, and I asked him if they noticed all the SOX Fans that showed up, and the commotion throughout the stadium that nite, and he said he and Hawk noted it. I thought it was most exciting for my nephew, who came along, and got to travel 500 miles, nowhere near home, getting to see the "K", seeing the Royal fans giving us junk every day we were there, and how the Sox Fans though outnumbered, were Clearly INTO THE TEAM, HARDCORE, CHEERING, knew our stats, etc. Its funny, but if I believed everything I read what the Media Claims to know about the Sox, and how we dont have fans, are class-less, dont show up to games, Id never be a sox fan. They can go ahead and Cover Up the emotion of us that made the 500 mile drive there....but it wont cover up the Fact that YES....WERE HERE, WERE EVERYWHERE