PDA

View Full Version : Moronotti back on Sosa Wagon

bobj4400
08-01-2003, 12:44 PM
It only took a month or two for the the Scam-Me* lover to come out from hiding after the cork incident...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay01.html

cheeses_h_rice
08-01-2003, 12:51 PM
I can see why he chose to write about Sham-ME* today.

I mean, nothing interesting happened yesterday in the AL Central race.

Right?

:)

CHISOXFAN13
08-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Jay has spent two days this week subbing in for Mac and Harry praising the White Sox, particularly Kenny Williams. It's actually been a pleasure to listen to him.

WOW, did I just say that??

Brian26
08-01-2003, 12:56 PM
I was utterly shocked this morning when I bought my Sun-Times and saw Rafael Palmeiro's mug taking up the entire back page. Are you kidding me? The sox sweep got a little window at the top, but that's it. In fact, the sports section was completely weak this morning when it came to the Sox. One story was present on the game, and they had a small story on KW's possible deadline dealings. There was no notebook or any extra press. I'm shocked. The game ended at 10:30, but I am completely surprised they didn't have at least two stories and the back page devoted to the Sox.

B. Diddy
08-01-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
It only took a month or two for the the Scam-Me* lover to come out from hiding after the cork incident...

Even more interesting that he wasn't being very kind to Shammy on the radio yesterday either.

bobj4400
08-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I was utterly shocked this morning when I bought my Sun-Times and saw Rafael Palmeiro's mug taking up the entire back page. Are you kidding me? The sox sweep got a little window at the top, but that's it. In fact, the sports section was completely weak this morning when it came to the Sox. One story was present on the game, and they had a small story on KW's possible deadline dealings. There was no notebook or any extra press. I'm shocked. The game ended at 10:30, but I am completely surprised they didn't have at least two stories and the back page devoted to the Sox.

What else is new in this town? :angry:

LuvSox
08-01-2003, 01:05 PM

They're like two chimps picking bugs off each other.

Iwritecode
08-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
They're like two chimps picking bugs off each other.

Chimp Carey------------->:chimp

hey, I'm the only chimp in this town!

Iwritecode
08-01-2003, 01:43 PM

The Moron must've read this article and felt bad for ripping on Shammy...

Sosa wants apology from early critics. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-030731insidecubs,1,3559951.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

cheeses_h_rice
08-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
The Moron must've read this article and felt bad for ripping on Shammy...

Sosa wants apology from early critics. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-030731insidecubs,1,3559951.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

"I have to prove to so many people that they were wrong when they had a chance to talk bad about me," Sosa said. "It's not how you start, it's how you finish. I never give up, and now those guys who were talking bad about me at the beginning [of the year], they have to come to me and apologize. I've always been at the top of my game. I never let myself down. The day that I do, I'm going to retire, but I never get down."

Sammy, just shut up. Please, for god's sake, just shut your piehole.

Foulke You
08-01-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

I won't fault the Sun-Times on this one. They had full color shots of game 1's victory and game 2's victory on the cover of the Sports sections in the previous days. Last night's game ended too late to make the morning edition and it said so in the game summary which is probably why they didn't put a pic on the cover.

FJA
08-01-2003, 02:31 PM

This is one of the reasons I can't stand the Moron. He's like the guy who is your best friend to your face, but talks crap about you behind your back. And it's impossible to figure out which he really believes

On the radio yesterday, almost every comment he made about Sham-Me all but accused him of steroid use. (Some of it was playing along with Jerko, who has been consistent about it.) Of course, though, because Sham-Me and Flub fans are more likely to read the Cub-Times than listen to ESPN 1000 leading up to a White Sox game, Moron's anti-Flub stuff (he had a lot of bad things to say about the team too) suddenly disappears. Meanwhile, since there is likely to be a large White Sox audience listening to Jerko and Moron, all he can talk about is how confident he is in the Sox and KW. He wants to make everyone his friend by way of overdramatic fluff on both sides of town.

Truth is, Sosa is neither a modern God (like Moron would usually have you believe) nor Jack the Ripper (like he would have had you believe during the cork). Thomas is neither a resurgent savior nor a fallen hero damned by his unfriendly nature toward the Moron. Maybe most importantly, neither the Sox nor Flubs are destined for the World Series or doomed for the bottom of their divisions. Both have chances, but nothing is for certain. I am convinced the man thinks of nothing but dramatic polar opposites. He functions not on rational conclusions like most of us, but rather the most intense reactions he can muster. It's never, "X is a good player; just wait--he'll come around," it's "Trade X!" or "Praise X!"

The only thing he has going for him is that he's occasionally very funny and--tellingly--he's the most intelligent voice on "Around the Horn."

As for the Cub-Times, I almost choked on my breakfast when I saw the back page full of a trade THAT WASN'T EVEN THAT CLOSE TO BEING MADE, AND THAT WOULD NOT HAVE HELPED THE FLUBS MUCH AT ALL ANYWAY. If that doesn't tell you something about that paper's priority the last few years, nothing will. The Cubune has had MUCH better Sox coverage than the Cub-Times lately.

RKMeibalane
08-01-2003, 02:43 PM
"I have to prove to so many people that they were wrong when they had a chance to talk bad about me," Sosa said. "It's not how you start, it's how you finish. I never give up, and now those guys who were talking bad about me at the beginning [of the year], they have to come to me and apologize. I've always been at the top of my game. I never let myself down. The day that I do, I'm going to retire, but I never get down."

Good grief! How in the world can people stand this guy? He is the most arrogant, self-absorbed piece of **** on the planet. Yet people convieniently ignore everything that comes out of his mouth just becaue he plays for the damn Flubs.

Frank Thomas has had several opportunities to say something like this as a way of getting back at the media for trashing him last season. Yet, he hasn't said anything of sort. It's a good thing, too. If anything close to that came of his mouth, people would be calling for his head again.

Frank has made more than his fair share of stupid comments in front of the press, but I have never seen him say anything like this. Sosa says things like this several times a month. What happens? Nothing.

I hope the Sox win the World Series for the next fifty years. Maybe that will convince the ****holes in Chicago that the Cubs are nothing more than a Mickey-Mouse operation. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

QueerGirrl
08-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Chimp Carey------------->:chimp

hey, I'm the only chimp in this town!

This is so true!!