PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if ESPN page 2.......

Jerko
08-01-2003, 08:36 AM
I wonder if they will bring this up when they review the Urinal because you KNOW the "dig" that is going on at 33rd and Shields will be brought into play when they review the Cell.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0308010243aug01,1,6469314.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Clembasbal
08-01-2003, 10:38 AM
There is no way that this story will make it anywhere past Chicagpsports.com.

The Cubune, might (chances are they will not) put it in their paper.

At any rate, you will not hear that on ESPN, WGN, CBS or anything else.

Dadawg_77
08-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
There is no way that this story will make it anywhere past Chicagpsports.com.

The Cubune, might (chances are they will not) put it in their paper.

At any rate, you will not hear that on ESPN, WGN, CBS or anything else.

Why in the world would ESPN air that story? What does it have to do with sports? The two in question didn't beat up a cop inside Wrigley, they didn't run out into the field. Look the Sox took bad press from ESPN and other sources because the action took place at a sporting live event on TV not on some el tracks after the game. I am sure there have been fights at the 35th street stop, which never make the sports pages.

Jerko
08-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Why in the world would ESPN air that story? What does it have to do with sports? The two in question didn't beat up a cop inside Wrigley, they didn't run out into the field. Look the Sox took bad press from ESPN and other sources because the action took place at a sporting live event on TV not on some el tracks after the game. I am sure there have been fights at the 35th street stop, which never make the sports pages.

Well, the "neighborhood" around the Cell has nothing to do with sports either and i hear about that every time somebody in the media talks about the White Sox. The "neighborhood" around the Urinal, where the Addison el stop is, seems to have EVERYTHING to do with why people like Wrigley. Just wait and see when page 2 does the reviews for the Urinal and the Cell; both neighborhoods WILL be mentioned, one good, one bad, even though they will have them mixed up.