PDA

View Full Version : zambrano

fquaye149
08-01-2003, 08:53 AM
did yous ee the article?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-030731cubsgamer,1,5775495.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

sorry but he's a cocky son of a bitch..a solid pitcher though.

but then, i like bonds so i'm biased

LuvSox
08-01-2003, 08:55 AM
Zambrano's an a-hole. Period. He needs to learn respect. But then, so does Bonds after those Babe Ruth comments.

Vsahajpal
08-01-2003, 09:24 AM
So by that token, you're an a-hole too?

bobj4400
08-01-2003, 09:32 AM
Post deleted for language filter problems.

Language Filters (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21854)

Mammoo
08-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Zambrano's an a-hole. Period. He needs to learn respect....

CZ should probably tone it down a little, but the guy comes to play and quite frankly he's outpitching the "great" Kerry Wood. Looks like "The Little Blue Machine" has a keeper there.

DrCrawdad
08-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

I have no problem with Zambrano's antics. What I find amusing is the hypocrisy of Dusty and other Cubbie stooges.

The Cubbies (Dusty, Santo, Sammy, fans, etc.) all have complained about the celebrations and antics of their opposition.

I'll never forget the Cubbie fans crying about Valentin's kiss at The Shrine after hitting a HR. Or the whining by Santo and Baker about the Sox celebration after a Valentin's walk-off HR.

Sammy, Santo and numerous Cubbie fans bitched about Osuna celebrating last year when he struck out Sammy to end a game vs. the Sox. I distinctly remember Santo blabbering about how that was not right and how it violated some unwritten baseball code.

These Cubbie clowns have zero consistency. If it is wrong for Cubbie opposition, then be consistent and say it's wrong for Cubbie players as well. No instead of sticking to their "baseball code" and right/wrong they show themselves to be hypocrites.

Gumshoe
08-01-2003, 12:12 PM
that I am not anti-Cub or anything, I'll just let them be because they are harmless. But with the media bullcrap and all this Cub picking, acting like they had a better chance than the Sox to win in this city has really turned me sour.

Furthermore, this isn't the Ryder Cup where the park is supposed to be quiet when Shammy is about to hit or something. Give me a break. I totally understand what you are talking about. As for the Zambrano situation, who cares! You can't get pumped when you strike out Bonds? Bonds is the biggest baby I have ever seen. What he does is WORSE than Sosa when he hits homers. He literally walks slow and watches, as I'm sure you've seen. I'd plunk him every time for doing that. I don't care.

The Cubs are still 1-2 years away from winning. When people act like "this could be the year" who are they kidding? That team's lineup is weak and even if they did have Prior, how can they say he'll go a full season without injuring his arm (a la Wood) ...?

I'm on the bandwagon if we win in Seattle. This year has really pissed me off with the dichotomy of Cubs/Sox. We need to win to show them. Boys, if we get that first Pennant or World Series, this city will be forever changed. Then, the Scrubs will be the most worthless team ...

EVER

Gumshoe

Vsahajpal
08-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I have no problem with Zambrano's antics. What I find amusing is the hypocrisy of Dusty and other Cubbie stooges.

The Cubbies (Dusty, Santo, Sammy, fans, etc.) all have complained about the celebrations and antics of their opposition.

I'll never forget the Cubbie fans crying about Valentin's kiss at The Shrine after hitting a HR. Or the whining by Santo and Baker about the Sox celebration after a Valentin's walk-off HR.

Sammy, Santo and numerous Cubbie fans bitched about Osuna celebrating last year when he struck out Sammy to end a game vs. the Sox. I distinctly remember Santo blabbering about how that was not right and how it violated some unwritten baseball code.

These Cubbie clowns have zero consistency. If it is wrong for Cubbie opposition, then be consistent and say it's wrong for Cubbie players as well. No instead of sticking to their "baseball code" and right/wrong they show themselves to be hypocrites.

That's my problem, the hypocrisy. Especially with Baker. The less he opens his mouth, the better off he'll be. He just says some stupid **** a lot of the time. It always seems like he contradicts a previous statement on a weekly basis. Just ****!

Edited for language filter problems: Language FIlters (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21854)

LuvSox
08-01-2003, 01:22 PM

How do you figure?

voodoochile
08-01-2003, 01:31 PM
Zambrano's an a-hole. Period. He needs to learn respect. But then, so does Bonds after those Babe Ruth comments.

How do you figure?

This is THE EXACT reason why certain words AREN'T allowed on these message boards and WHY using misspelled "copy's" of them is AGAINST the ****ING RULES!

I feel better now... Please, folks, don't make me start deleting your posts, I really don't like that part of my job description...

Language Filters (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21854)

Vsahajpal
08-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Sorry, VC!

How do you figure?

You're completely off-base, he pumped his fist and got amped after retiring the greatest living hitter in the game (who represented the tying run at the plate with the bases loaded and 2 outs), and he's an ***-**** because of that? Whatever.

LuvSox
08-01-2003, 02:06 PM
Sorry, VC!

You're completely off-base, he pumped his fist and got amped after retiring the greatest living hitter in the game (who represented the tying run at the plate with the bases loaded and 2 outs), and he's an ***-**** because of that? Whatever.

He does that stuff all the time, no matter who is up or what the situation.

LuvSox
08-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
This is THE EXACT reason why certain words AREN'T allowed on these message boards and WHY using misspelled "copy's" of them is AGAINST the ****ING RULES!

I feel better now... Please, folks, don't make me start deleting your posts, I really don't like that part of my job description...

Please accept my apology, WSI is the best, I don't want to make anyone mad. Won't happen again.

Vsahajpal
08-01-2003, 04:24 PM
He does that stuff all the time, no matter who is up or what the situation.

Not even remotely close to the truth.

SoxFan76
08-01-2003, 04:35 PM
he did alot of that crap during the sox cubs series as well. that zambrano bugs the crap out of me. he has no respect for his elders. i hope he gets plunked next time they face eachother. all he did was get bonds out, and he freaked out about it.

i almost spit out my food this morning when i saw the tribune headline, bonds annoyed by celebration, or something like that. (its on the front page of friday's trib if you want to know the exact headline). thats a load of crap. bonds has not exactly portrayed himself as a fan favorite, but im on his side on this one. what zambrano did was ridiculous.

the sox are portrayed as the thugs of chicago baseball, yet they have much more respect for the game than the cubs. (or atleast sosa, zamrano, and baker). when jose mocked sosa, he did it in the dugout, and like i said, he was just mocking sosa's stupid celebration. the sox need to win a pennant soon, or this enormous bias will never end.

LuvSox
08-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Not even remotely close to the truth.

Forget it man, no point in arguing with you. Pointless.

fquaye149
08-01-2003, 06:20 PM
ladies, ladies, ladies

it's not that he pumped his fist that bothers me, it's what he said in the article...basically what he said was,

"i can do whatever the hell i want.."

and he said this to the greatest active player in baseball

get a clue Z

DrCrawdad
08-01-2003, 06:41 PM
That's my problem, the hypocrisy. Especially with Baker. The less he opens his mouth, the better off he'll be. He just says some stupid **** a lot of the time. It always seems like he contradicts a previous statement on a weekly basis. Just ****!

Edited for language filter problems: Language FIlters (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21854)

I agree VIC. Like I said, I don't have a problem with Zambrano's emotional outburst. It was a big situation and he got the out. Zambrano has done that display before notably when he got a called third strike on C-Lee at Wrigley this year, which by the way was clearly a ball.

The thing about Dusty is that you know if he were still the Giants manager he would have been ticked off about Zambrano's celebration.

I heard a bit of the Cub radio broadcast today. Santo and Hughes talked about Zambrano's antics. They even talked about Osuna last year and how Ronnie was ticked about that. Pat Hughes had a balanced viewpoint. Hughes basically acknowledged the hypocrisy of Ronnie's view of essentially the same situation (one was an opponent, one was a Cub).

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/photo/ph_coach_mugshot_baker.jpg
"Let me dazzle you with my philosophizing..."
{reporters giggle}

Kroozah
08-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Its almost like baseball is behind the times for this point, all the other sports, celebrating is tolerated, especially football. Baseball still has these set unwritten rules set from the old timers, saying that, today the veteran players still honor that while these triple A players carry on like they just won the world series.
Now, sure Zambraino carried on after getting Bonds out with the basesloaded, now how come the other three at bats Zzzbraino was pitching around him, what a stud eh?

It was not long ago toothpick man was complaining about the Sox celebrating too much... Its nice that the Sox knocked the Scrubs down and out in the division, hope they sink farther too.

A.T. Money
08-01-2003, 09:00 PM
The only thing that I agree with is that Bonds does stand there and admire his homers. He trots around the bases all slow.

Sammy Sosa is another guy who does his little hop, and blows kisses.

If I'm a pitcher, that'll piss me off. So maybe it's good someone does it back to Sammy and Bonds. It doesn't feel that good does it?

I'll give Zambrano that much. He made a good point about Bonds.

Viva Magglio
08-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Santo and numerous Cubbie fans bitched about Osuna celebrating last year when he struck out Sammy to end a game vs. the Sox. I distinctly remember Santo blabbering about how that was not right and how it violated some unwritten baseball code.

Isn't this the same guy who used to click his heels every time the Cubs won at Wrigley? With his primal scream about Osuna's celebration, Ron Santo does not have a leg to stand on.

Piling on, I cannot believe how hypocritical the Cubs are over player celebrations. Dusty got all bent out of shape when the Reds did their hop and when Jerry Manuel clenched his fist after a Sox victory. Yet, he allows his egomanical right fielder to do what he does all the time. And he has yet to discipline Zambrano for his celebrations.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Isn't this the same guy who used to click his heels every time the Cubs won at Wrigley? With his primal scream about Osuna's celebration, Ron Santo does not have a leg to stand on.

LOL! You're going to hell for that one, Viva! :smile:

Either that, or confession. :D:

MHOUSE
08-01-2003, 10:34 PM
I was watching the game and it was a huge strikeout. The score was still close IIRC, bases loaded, 2 down, gotta pitch to Bonds. Zambrano gets him swinging and pumps his fist, beats his chest, he was PUMPED. I have no problem with this. A young pitcher just struck out Bonds with bases loaded to end the threat. He should dang well be pumped up after that.

Also, I've never seen Zambrano get cocky about anything that wasn't worth it. Flash Gordon will get a flyout to end the 7th inning and point to the sky and stuff. Alfonsucka is the same way. The only problem I do have is what he said in the article like he's Cy Young or something and he can do whatever he wants. You gotta earn that right. However, I also didn't like Bonds basically saying "That little man will learn to respect me." I know he's great, but come on you're not Brett Favre or anything. :D: