PDA

View Full Version : Shave Hawks Head!

gosox3072
08-01-2003, 12:04 AM
Its time we start this thread again. We have 4 in hand now and could be seein hawk a bald man on next wednesday.

guillen4life13
08-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Its time we start this thread again. We have 4 in hand now and could be seein hawk a bald man on next wednesday.

Don't get too excited there. We are about to go play a 3 game series IN Seattle... and we all know how much luck we've had there in the last few years.

doublem23
08-01-2003, 12:18 AM
I agree... If we win the series, I'll be damn happy. If we come out with 7 wins in a row... I think I'll have to do more streaking...

:o:

Unregistered
08-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Apparently, the sweep of KC was enough to shave Hawk's head...

From the Trib:
The sweep also cost broadcaster Hawk Harrelson his hair. Mark Buehrle shaved Harrelson's head after the game.

Can't wait to see that freak! :D:

WhiteSox = Life
08-01-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Apparently, the sweep of KC was enough to shave Hawk's head...

From the Trib:

Can't wait to see that freak! :D:

:hawk
"MERCY!!!"

Brian26
08-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Saw that in the paper this morning. I still think it's cool that Hawk's down in the lockerroom after the game rappin' with the players. These guys are a lot younger than him now, but he still goes down there like he's one of the boys. He always talked about how he hung out with the '83 team down in the cubby-hole after the games at Old Comiskey, but he was just slightly out of their age range and was probably considered a peer to guys like Koosman, Fisk, and Luzinski. I'm curious to how the guys on our team look at him now. Is there a ton of respect for him? Is he considered a father-figure? Does he offer advice to the hitters? I don't imagine guys like Skip Caray or Chip or announcers for other teams being as much a part of the team as Hawk always tries to be. I think it's a cool thing.

kevingrt
08-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Just read it in the Herald... he has to look like a psycho...