PDA

View Full Version : If you are going to Monday's game...

Viva Magglio
07-31-2003, 11:53 PM
...you might want to get your tickets real soon. I do not know how many have been sold for that game. However, that game is a half-price game and a battle for first place. And if we SWEEP Seattle, could it be a sellout?

whitesoxwilkes
07-31-2003, 11:54 PM
I will be there. Viva, are you attending?

voodoochile
07-31-2003, 11:54 PM
I bought UD tickets today. I will be doing walk up LD on Tuesday.

whitesoxwilkes
07-31-2003, 11:56 PM
Sweet. We'll meet up Tuesday for sure, Voodoo.

doublem23
07-31-2003, 11:56 PM
I'll be trying the walk-up on Tuesday (only 1/2 price at the gate) and I'll be attending on Wednesday with a camp from the Skokie Park District... So look for us in our ugly ass bright gold polos.

kevingrt
07-31-2003, 11:58 PM
For Monday's game you need to get them now... for tuesday's game go in the afternoon and get them... for wed we'll be lucky to get 20 K

voodoochile
07-31-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
For Monday's game you need to get them now... for tuesday's game go in the afternoon and get them... for wed we'll be lucky to get 20 K

Wednesday will depend on the days that come between now and then...

Yeah, I bought my Monday ones this afternoon, figuring it is going to go fast. Tuesday will be big walkup because of the Pepsi promotion.

manuelsucks
08-01-2003, 12:00 AM
I'm going to see if I can make it out to Mondays game and also try for Tuesday. I would really like to see a close to sell out crowd. The only bad thing is you'll probably get a bunch of nim-wit Northsiders jumping on the bandwagon.

doublem23
08-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Wednesday is a day game, so there won't be that many fans there. The only thing saving that game's attendance is that I know of a handful of day camps that will be going there.

voodoochile
08-01-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Wednesday is a day game, so there won't be that many fans there. The only thing saving that game's attendance is that I know of a handful of day camps that will be going there.

Hey, actually, that is good news... Thanks. Now I'm going to them all... Anyone got a pair for Wednesday they cannot use, drop me an e-mail through the board...

Viva Magglio
08-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I will be there. Viva, are you attending?

I'll be there because the game is part of my split-season package.

jeremyb1
08-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I'll be trying the walk-up on Tuesday (only 1/2 price at the gate) and I'll be attending on Wednesday with a camp from the Skokie Park District... So look for us in our ugly ass bright gold polos.

ahh camp day. i too will be there with my camp.

gosox41
08-01-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...you might want to get your tickets real soon. I do not know how many have been sold for that game. However, that game is a half-price game and a battle for first place. And if we SWEEP Seattle, could it be a sellout?

If Monday is a sell out, then go Tueday. It's also a 1/2 price night. Can you imagine the Sox having to sell outs in a row (let alone one) for a non-opening day, non-Cub, non-Yankee game?

I hear Wednesday's are an excellent day to cut work. It'd be nice to draw more then the usual 17K for a day game when the Cubs draw at least 30K for the same thing.

Bob

koch44
08-01-2003, 12:42 AM
I'll be at Tuesday's game to see Loaiza shut down the Royals. It would be great to see a sell out on Tuesday with our ace pitching.

DonkeyKongerko
08-01-2003, 02:28 AM
I'll be there Monday night. Luckily I took the time to upgrade my tix a few days ago and get some LD seats to check out the fan deck. I hope to see a packed house and maybe another 15 run outburst although I will settle for a third win in a row.

inta
08-01-2003, 05:38 AM
"if"?

i'd assume any die hard sox fan (and i'm assuming anyone who's actually on this message board that lives in chicago is) would be at monday's game. if not tuesday.

i'll be there with my uncle and the sign he just made reading:

"best sox team since 83"

Jerko
08-01-2003, 09:28 AM
Let me suggest if you really want to go Tuesday, bite the bullet and go buy a full price ticket now. I have a ticket for Tuesday but I'm going with a huge group since it is something like "govt. employee night" and student night or something. We already got half price seats in advance and if you add the walk up crowd to that you will be waiting in line for an hour just to wind up in the UD.

ozzman
08-01-2003, 09:36 AM
i'll be at monday's game, i'm buying tickets as we speak. I want to go on tuesday as well, but going to a type o negative concert. will definitely go to the 3 game set against oakland tho. go sox!

Jerko
08-01-2003, 10:02 AM
I'm getting worried. 2 half price nights, a division race, and the Royals in town? What are Ligue and Dybas up to this week? There BETTER be All Star game-like security there this next week.

anewman35
08-01-2003, 10:08 AM
I just got 2 in row 4 of section 534. There better be a big walkup, dammit.

FarmerAndy
08-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Are there still any lower bowl seats left for Monday?

ozzman
08-01-2003, 10:19 AM
yes there are, but you better hurry, i just bought seats 1-14 of row 15 in sec161 :smile:

Dadawg_77
08-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Are there still any lower bowl seats left for Monday?

This morning there seem to be plenty.

bobj4400
08-01-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by inta
"if"?

i'd assume any die hard sox fan (and i'm assuming anyone who's actually on this message board that lives in chicago is) would be at monday's game. if not tuesday.

i'll be there with my uncle and the sign he just made reading:

"best sox team since 83"

Nice sign! A friend of mine and I were talking about how much this team reminds us of the '83 team last night (hopefully with a better ending...)

A.T. Money
08-01-2003, 11:05 AM
I'm going to swing by the box office after work (around 6). Since I've never bought tix at the box office early. Where will I be able to park?

Jerko
08-01-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
I'm going to swing by the box office after work (around 6). Since I've never bought tix at the box office early. Where will I be able to park?

If you are going east on 35th, about a half block before you reach the park you can make a right into one of the parking lots. There is a viaduct you have to go under BEFORE you make the turn. About a half block past the viaduct is the lot. There will be a guard there but just tell him you're buying tickets and he should let you in no problem. If you're going west on 35th then obviously you have to pass the park then hang a left before you hit the viaduct. Hope that works.

CHISOXFAN13
08-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Just drove by the Cell and there were at least 20 people standing in line waiting for the box office to open at 9:45 a.m.

What a beautiful sight!!!

brlysgrl56
08-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Just stumbled across 3 tickets a few rows behind our bullpen!

Actually, my friend did and she invited me! :)

I think attendance will be affected on how the Seattle series goes... Either way..should be fun!

mandmandm
08-01-2003, 11:28 AM
Any season ticket holders know if you get half price tickets from the Sox charge line?

A.T. Money
08-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
If you are going east on 35th, about a half block before you reach the park you can make a right into one of the parking lots. There is a viaduct you have to go under BEFORE you make the turn. About a half block past the viaduct is the lot. There will be a guard there but just tell him you're buying tickets and he should let you in no problem. If you're going west on 35th then obviously you have to pass the park then hang a left before you hit the viaduct. Hope that works.

OK cool, so then I can just park in lot D or whatever. Cool. Thanks.

A.T. Money
08-01-2003, 11:51 AM
Box office closes at 6, so I'm gonna go during my lunch hour.

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-01-2003, 03:51 PM
i'm going, also if anyone plans on going to the monday night game vs the yankmees, you might want to get tickets soon. My dad checked for 2 tickets and they only have bleacher tickets and UD seats left, and he checked 4 and there's only UD

A.T. Money
08-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Woohoo, got my tickets. Section 129, row 24. Sweet seats.

voodoochile
08-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Woohoo, got my tickets. Section 129, row 24. Sweet seats.

Yeah, nice job. I was happy my UD seats were 531 and only row 20. Still, how did you get those seats for Monday?

A.T. Money
08-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yeah, nice job. I was happy my UD seats were 531 and only row 20. Still, how did you get those seats for Monday?

I went to the box office around 2:20, went up the window and asked "What's the best you got for Monday?" She goes, "How many?" I say, "Two."

She said, "section 129, row 24." I looked at the map, and said, "I'll take em." Costed me $36 bucks, but on half price night, that's a steal.

Where did you buy your tickets?

voodoochile
08-01-2003, 04:39 PM
I went to the box office around 2:20, went up the window and asked "What's the best you got for Monday?" She goes, "How many?" I say, "Two."

She said, "section 129, row 24." I looked at the map, and said, "I'll take em." Costed me $36 bucks, but on half price night, that's a steal.

Where did you buy your tickets?

on-line yesterday. Didn't want to trus walkup on Monday so I paid those ridiculous Ticketmaster charges ($4/seat). Still, I will be very happy to be there. Just a little business to take care of between now and then...

A.T. Money
08-01-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
on-line yesterday. Didn't want to trus walkup on Monday so I paid those ridiculous Ticketmaster charges ($4/seat). Still, I will be very happy to be there. Just a little business to take care of between now and then...

I looked up tickets on Ticket Bastard too. The charges and everything for tickets by the foul pole come out to $40 bucks or something. By going to the Box Office, I saved money and got better seats. TM only gets so many seats. You want the good stuff, you gotta go to the Box Office.

BTW, I asked how many were sold already, she told me the lower bowl was almost sold out. I anticipate more of the UD will sell this weekend if the Sox do well in Seattle. And walkups on Monday will take whatever they can get. If the Sox have a chance to be in first by Monday, expect at least 38,000.

voodoochile
08-01-2003, 04:46 PM
I looked up tickets on Ticket Bastard too. The charges and everything for tickets by the foul pole come out to $40 bucks or something. By going to the Box Office, I saved money and got better seats. TM only gets so many seats. You want the good stuff, you gotta go to the Box Office.

BTW, I asked how many were sold already, she told me the lower bowl was almost sold out. I anticipate more of the UD will sell this weekend if the Sox do well in Seattle. And walkups on Monday will take whatever they can get. If the Sox having a chance to be in first by Monday, expect at least 38,000.

Yeah, I just didn't have time, so I bought them on-line. I would normally walk up on Monday, but I had a feeling it was going to be nuts down there and wanted to be sure...

thepaulbowski
08-01-2003, 05:10 PM
section 142 row 2...1 ticket. not too bad, they said they it was VIP seat that just became open

cheeses_h_rice
08-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
section 142 row 2...1 ticket. not too bad, they said they it was VIP seat that just became open

That's an excellent seat; you may even be behind the Sox dugout, in the first row of seats there (the row numbering begins at the field).