PDA

View Full Version : Sox on "Around the Horn" Alert


Viva Magglio
07-31-2003, 04:08 PM
The White Sox are on the "Around the Horn" agenda. They will be coming up after Dontrelle Willis, Ohio State, and Rick Majerus.

MarqSox
07-31-2003, 04:22 PM
It was Buy or Sell ... Amazingly, Moronnotti and Blackistone bought the Sox as Central champs. Woody Page and that dope Michael Holley (hey dude, you're in your late 30s yet you have braces and a pony tail) sold and said the Royals were the better team.

Incidentally, host Max Kellerman (who I think is a pompous dimwit) penalized each of them for not picking the Twins.

MarqSox
07-31-2003, 04:24 PM
And I believe Moron actually used the term "give props" for Kenny Williams' dealing. :)

harwar
07-31-2003, 04:25 PM
I try to get all the info on the White Sox that i can from any number of sources but i draw the line at watching that show.

JJAustin69
07-31-2003, 04:28 PM
Kellerman should stick to boxing. That show is all hot air from a bunch of oxygen thiefs.

doublem23
07-31-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
It was Buy or Sell ... Amazingly, Moronnotti and Blackistone bought the Sox as Central champs. Woody Page and that dope Michael Holley (hey dude, you're in your late 30s yet you have braces and a pony tail) sold and said the Royals were the better team.

Incidentally, host Max Kellerman (who I think is a pompous dimwit) penalized each of them for not picking the Twins.

What more needs to be said for the lack of intelligence in the world of sports media?

9-6? 15-4? The Royals must still be far better.

Sports columnists = morons! :angry:

dickallen15
07-31-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
What more needs to be said for the lack of intelligence in the world of sports media?

9-6? 15-4? The Royals must still be far better.

Sports columnists = morons! :angry:


Michael Holley left the Boston paper for the Tribune. He replaced Skip Bayless. He was here for about a month got homesick and went back to Boston. He says KC is a better team, he's on the gonja.

RedPinStripes
07-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Woody Paige is a complete tool.

fquaye149
07-31-2003, 07:35 PM
max is such an idiot twin lover. they did an around the horn right after the colon trade and asked if the sox were the favorite...max penalized anyone who said the sox, citing the twins "outstanding rotation".

good one max

thepaulbowski
07-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Our good friend Jay is actually the most intelligent person on the show.

On another note, did anyboyd hear Rome ripping Chicago fans for filling Wrigley Field instead of Sox Park. It was a great rant he had against the Cubbie fans

RedPinStripes
07-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Our good friend Jay is actually the most intelligent person on the show.

On another note, did anyboyd hear Rome ripping Chicago fans for filling Wrigley Field instead of Sox Park. It was a great rant he had against the Cubbie fans

Mariotti is hilarious on that show. He's 5 times the ******* you'd think he is by reading his column. He dont say anything without sarcasm.

Thunderstruck30
07-31-2003, 11:42 PM
I like Woody Paige. He goes after Moron and makes him look like an idiot. However he is sometimes the idiot.

Konerkoholic
07-31-2003, 11:47 PM
What's with all the bad blood towards Mariotti? I think he represents Chicago pretty well on Around The Horn. I hear him on the radio saying the Sox are the best team in the AL Central. He wrote a big pre-season article about how the best baseball fans in Chicago are Sox fans. Where are the bad feeling coming from?

RedPinStripes
07-31-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
I like Woody Paige. He goes after Moron and makes him look like an idiot. However he is sometimes the idiot.

Every time i watch that show Paige looks like the idiot.

MarkEdward
07-31-2003, 11:52 PM
I actually like Max Kellerman. On the few times I've watched the show, Max regularly cites stuff like Bill James, OPS, Rob Neyer, and other sabermetric principles.

The writers keep me from watching the show regularly, however.

oheeoh...magglio
08-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
What's with all the bad blood towards Mariotti? I think he represents Chicago pretty well on Around The Horn. I hear him on the radio saying the Sox are the best team in the AL Central. He wrote a big pre-season article about how the best baseball fans in Chicago are Sox fans. Where are the bad feeling coming from?

i agree that mariotti isn't a propaganda cub promoting writer or anything, but his inconsistencies, or as i like to call it, fair weather fan tactics in his writing make me sick. Mariotti never sticks to one opinion in what he says in his articles, but then again that's just IMHO.

ScottySoxFan
08-01-2003, 12:00 AM
I find Around the Horn very entertaining.

We have to take these sports talk shows for what they are... Sports talk radio with faces. Many of us know as much or more about sports than the guys featured on Around the Horn, but it's fun to listen to them argue and make fools of themselves.

It's probably the only good thing on TV at 4 in the afternoon.