PDA

View Full Version : Sox on Classic again


LuvSox
07-31-2003, 04:09 PM
ESPN Classic 4P central, Sox v. Mariners, 3/31/'96. Anyone remember this one?

seventytwo
07-31-2003, 04:12 PM
IIRC, Frank takes the Unit deep in the first. Opening day, 1996.

ozzman
07-31-2003, 04:17 PM
first mlb game played in march

pudge
07-31-2003, 04:21 PM
We lose in extra innings. Argh.

Meixner007
07-31-2003, 04:29 PM
I remember the game played 9/30/90 against the mariners :gulp:

LuvSox
07-31-2003, 05:09 PM
Not sure I can watch this game: Joe Morgan, Tony Phillips, Tartabull. Yikes :(:

39thandWallace
07-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Thank God Lou Pinnella is not managing Seattle anymore. The guy owns the Sox mentally.

RKMeibalane
07-31-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by seventytwo
IIRC, Frank takes the Unit deep in the first. Opening day, 1996.

You are correct. Some guy tried to catch the home run, but he fell back into his seat when the ball hit him.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-31-2003, 06:06 PM
C'mon guys! No *Official Game Thread* for 3/31/96? :D:

HITMEN OF 77
07-31-2003, 07:10 PM
I WAS AT THAT GAME IN 1996. I'M SURE GLAD LOU IS GONE AS WELL. HE ALMOST ALWAYS BEAT US. I'LL BE IN SEATTLE THIS WEEKEND FOR THE SERIES 8/1-8/3, I HOPE WE SWEEP THE M'S!! GOSH I HATE THE M'S!! LET'S KEEP THE DRIVE TO THE PENNANT GOING!!

VeeckAsInWreck
08-01-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
I WAS AT THAT GAME IN 1996. I'M SURE GLAD LOU IS GONE AS WELL. HE ALMOST ALWAYS BEAT US. I'LL BE IN SEATTLE THIS WEEKEND FOR THE SERIES 8/1-8/3, I HOPE WE SWEEP THE M'S!! GOSH I HATE THE M'S!! LET'S KEEP THE DRIVE TO THE PENNANT GOING!!


Careful! I hear those Mariner fans can throw sushi and Cafe Latte's at you! :D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-01-2003, 01:38 AM
It'd be neat if tonights game was on ESPN Classic in the future, but it's only a regular season game so and it's not any record breaking or playoff clincher :(

VeeckAsInWreck
08-01-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
It'd be neat if tonights game was on ESPN Classic in the future, but it's only a regular season game so and it's not any record breaking or playoff clincher :(

It seems like ESPN Classic only airs games in which the Sox lose. They have also been airing a game against the Orioles in 1997, Jaime Navarro starts that one! (shivering)

Kilroy
08-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Not sure I can watch this game: Joe Morgan, Tony Phillips, Tartabull. Yikes :(:

I loved Tony Phillips when he was on the Sox. He was one of my favorite Sox of the 90's. Tartabull was one of my least favorites.

Joe Morgan blows...

LuvSox
08-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I loved Tony Phillips when he was on the Sox. He was one of my favorite Sox of the 90's. Tartabull was one of my least favorites.

Joe Morgan blows...

I forgot to mention Bevington. He put the "Y" in YIKES!