PDA

View Full Version : Boone to Yankmees

thecell
07-31-2003, 02:39 PM
Boone to Yankmees for Claussen and cash.

Foulke You
07-31-2003, 02:43 PM
I wonder if the Yanks will move Ventura at the last minute now? Perhaps KW could cheaply land a well loved veteran left handed former White Sox 3B before the deadline?

fledgedrallycap
07-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Yup - to the Dodgers supposedly.

FJA
07-31-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

This rumor has been per Gammons, so maybe KW can step in. I doubt it's KW's greatest concern now, though, nor should it be.

Foulke You
07-31-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by FJA
This rumor has been per Gammons, so maybe KW can step in. I doubt it's KW's greatest concern now, though, nor should it be.

You're right of course. Another pitcher is really the hole we need to fill. Getting Robin would be a feel good PR move more than anything else. The Sox are playing really well right now and making a pennant push. Bringing Robin back would be another olive branch to Sox fans by righting a past wrong. Robin was well liked on the South Side. I doubt KW is looking at that possibility though. Robin would bring a little more offensive consistency to 3B than Crede though plus another lefty bat.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2003, 03:13 PM
I sure would love to see another lefty bat in the Sox lineup. How ironic that Ventura could take Crede's spot five years after the Sox let the veteran go to make room for his much ballyhooed heir at the hot corner.

LuvSox
07-31-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

You had to figure he would go home to SoCal sooner or later. Damn :(:

Mammoo
07-31-2003, 03:19 PM
Heard a New York talk show host telling Dan Patrick that Steinbrenner would never allow Claussen to be traded seeing as how their staff is so old. He is supposed to be highly regarded but until you do it, it's all speculation.

So much for talk radio accuracy...

MHOUSE
07-31-2003, 04:14 PM
Boone and Gabe White for two lefties and cash/PTBNL? Ventura goes to LA for two minor leaguers. Nice dealin' by the Yankees.

LASOXFAN
07-31-2003, 04:40 PM
KW blew this one, IMHO. Should've made a move for Boone. Crede's a fine prospect but he's building to win this year, which means Crede isn't part of the puzzle. Boone would be.

Paulwny
07-31-2003, 04:40 PM
The yanks took care of Robin, a few years ago when the mets traded him to the yanks he said ~ If I can't play in NY, I'd like to play for a west coast team.

Thunderstruck30
08-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Now that Ventura went to the Dodgers, I can go back to hating every Yankee.

doublem23
08-01-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Now that Ventura went to the Dodgers, I can go back to hating every Yankee.

I know I am! :)