PDA

View Full Version : Palmero a Scrub?

fledgedrallycap
07-31-2003, 02:05 PM
Bruce Levine reports that the Cub is close to trading for Raphie....What are they doing over there - hasn't Karos been doing pretty damn well? Are they hosting a washed-up reunion?

The guy they traded for yesterday, Glanville, was on the radio this morning with Boers and Bernstien - he even stated that he wasn't sure why he was traded here...In fact, when his GM said that he was traded to his old team he said "Philly"

I'll give the Cubs one thing, they have been intertaining this year with Corky, Dusty and these lame moves.

harwar
07-31-2003, 02:09 PM
cubs fan .."OK .. I'm confused,does THIS mean that we're going to the World Series again or is that over with?"

FJA
07-31-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Bruce Levine reports that the Cub is close to trading for Raphie....What are they doing over there - hasn't Karos been doing pretty damn well? Are they hosting a washed-up reunion?

The guy they traded for yesterday, Glanville, was on the radio this morning with Boers and Bernstien - he even stated that he wasn't sure why he was traded here...In fact, when his GM said that he was traded to his old team he said "Philly"

I'll give the Cubs one thing, they have been intertaining this year with Corky, Dusty and these lame moves.

Do you think Palmiero will waive his no-trade clause to sit on the bench behind Eric Karros and slightly ahead of Matt Stairs? Even if they aren't going to trade for Matt Stairs in light of getting Palmiero, he's not going to start ahead of Eric Karros ... the Flubs would be idiots to do that.

Oh, wait ...

Anyone think this is some sort of marketing ploy to have two 500-HR guys on the same team at the same time?

I can't imagine Ryno is going to be very friendly with the Flub front office if they make this move ...

fledgedrallycap
07-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Well sure Ryno is happy, haven't you heard - there bringing him out of retirement to replace the .310 hitting Mark Grudzelanik :D:

Levine said Rafie has given permission - he must want out or be ready to start handing out phone numbers to the CubNation.

MarqSox
07-31-2003, 02:43 PM
I saw this movie a few years ago when it was called "Cubs Trade for Fred McGriff."