PDA

View Full Version : King George demands

Paulwny
07-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Late last night, Reds third baseman Aaron Boone appeared the most likely person to meet Steinbrenner's demand, even though the Yankees have a third baseman, Robin Ventura. In the wake of Raul Mondesi's banishment Tuesday night to Arizona, Boone could be joined by Pittsburgh's Brian Giles, Montreal's Vladimir Guerrero or Texas' Juan Gonzalez.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sbytrade3395904jul31,0,6270929.story?coll=ny-baseball-headlines

If he gets everyone he wants the payroll could reach $200 mil.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-31-2003, 12:17 PM
that is not even fair. someone should assassinate the king.

FJA
07-31-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Late last night, Reds third baseman Aaron Boone appeared the most likely person to meet Steinbrenner's demand, even though the Yankees have a third baseman, Robin Ventura. In the wake of Raul Mondesi's banishment Tuesday night to Arizona, Boone could be joined by Pittsburgh's Brian Giles, Montreal's Vladimir Guerrero or Texas' Juan Gonzalez.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sbytrade3395904jul31,0,6270929.story?coll=ny-baseball-headlines

If he gets everyone he wants the payroll could reach $200 mil.

This is absolutely ridiculous. If this actually happens (and I can't imagine it will past acquiring Boone) all the other teams should unite and blackball Steinbrenner and the Yankmees on all future trades.

harwar
07-31-2003, 12:48 PM
...and every time i go to new york and talk to yankee fans,they are ALWAYS shocked that the rest of the country hates them.

JJAustin69
07-31-2003, 12:59 PM
Some rumors about the Dodgers sneaking in and getting Boone and Graves from the Reds. Yankees are having a problem giving up Claussen.

LASOXFAN
07-31-2003, 01:16 PM
Can't buy chemistry. On paper the Yanks should've beaten the Angels last year. I think their pitching is suspect just like it was a year ago. Let 'em add all the bats they want.