PDA

View Full Version : verducci on Loaiza

Hokiesox
07-31-2003, 12:44 PM
I'll tell you what record I am sick of hearing. CNN/SI's Tom Verducci has pointed out that Loaiza's post 8/31 record is 11-20. Didn't we also hear that he couldn't pitch after May 1? I know his career before the White Sox was mediocre, but so far he's bucked the trend on where his record "should" be going this year, and he continues to shine. I like him, I hope we keep him, and I'm sick of hearing about how bad he is after certain dates in the season. He's still got a low ERA!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/tom_verducci/news/2003/07/29/insider/

Gumshoe
07-31-2003, 01:10 PM
Hokie:

Verducci and that other Jeff Pearlman guy on SI.com have had it out for the Sox all year. It's tough to blame them considering how bad the Sox have fared with high expectations the last 2 years, but they are no different from the rest of the EAST biased schmucks. I emailed Pearlman asking how he could predict only 81 wins for this year's Sox team and he never responded. Verducci also predicted the Sox as this year's most disappoining AL team and the Cubs as the sleeper (as did everyone else, stupid arses). They are not believers. Up until this time, I was like, "well maybe these guys were right"

But since the AS break the Sox have been out to prove them wrong, and this is the most important time of the year to do so. If you think about it, the Sox generally are .500 or WORSE after the AS break, a time which is crucial to set the tone for late season play. For that reason alone it seduces me to jump on our bandwagon. If we fare well against SEA, ANA (then OAK later) I'll be on the bandwagon.

Verducci is the same as the others --> he doesn't watch Loaiza pitch because they don't show him or watch him on the East coast. If he saw, he'd believe. The blind leading the blind ...

Go Sox!

Gumshoe

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-31-2003, 01:14 PM
http://www.fsnchicago.com/images/features/talentdamon.jpg
Don't Count Out, Zesty Esty!