PDA

View Full Version : Flubbies lose 10-8 in a nailbiter

cheeses_h_rice
08-24-2001, 06:12 PM
Tying run at the plate.

Huge error by McWhiff in the 8th led to the 10th run, too.

God, the Cards' pitching sucks, though.

Jerry_Manuel
08-24-2001, 06:15 PM
The fans were booing Fred huge after that error and after yet another brutal at bat.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-24-2001, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
The fans were booing Fred huge after that error and after yet another brutal at bat.

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

The Flubbie savior looks to be nothing more than the Flubbie midas touch at work ( everything they touch turns to ***** ). Watching these guys fall apart is more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

cheeses_h_rice
08-24-2001, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Wow, am I psychic or what? I was in my commute home when the E happened, so I missed the booing. I did see a replay of the play, and it was pretty brutal, especially 'cos it led to an unearned run later.

http://130.94.169.158/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=11905#post11905

Jerry_Manuel
08-24-2001, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Wow, am I psychic or what? I was in my commute home when the E happened, so I missed the booing. I did see a replay of the play, and it was pretty brutal, especially 'cos it led to an unearned run later.

Even Chimp got on him!
He made the last out of the inning and Chimp in this real depressed voice says "Cubs fail to score while Fred McGriff's offense woes continue". That's not really ripping but when Mr. Rocket shot gets on you that's not good. Also Chimp was pissed after the error. He sounded like Hawk did after that game at the Jake with Ted Barrett. The game where after Liefer struck out Hawk said "This is a big game, somebody's got to bear down behind the plate". Well Chimp yelled in a serious voice "You cannot give good teams more then 3 outs". Again not that bad, but this is Chimp here not Hawk!

:hawk
Mercy!