PDA

View Full Version : Hope we play the Dead Sox in the playoffs

Bisco Stu
07-31-2003, 03:05 AM
I think we match up the best against them and it'd be SO sweet to beat the team everyone else calls "The Sox."

It'd be sweeter to beat the Skankees, but more difficult.

Hard to root against the A's and they kick our ass anyway.

Revenge against Seattle for the Uh-Oh season would be nice, too.

valposoxfan
07-31-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
I think we match up the best against them and it'd be SO sweet to beat the team everyone else calls "The Sox."

No offense but PLEASE don't start planning for the playoffs...

SoxFanDan
07-31-2003, 03:37 AM
dont you dare talk about post season. Never ever ever ever ever.

gosox41
07-31-2003, 10:44 AM

How many carats do you think the Sox World Series rings will be?

Let's get to first place first before we even thinking about the playoffs. Once we get to first, then we need to worry about staying there. If we clinch the division, I'll worry about the playoffs.

Bob

Lip Man 1
07-31-2003, 11:52 AM
Do you really want to face Pedro Martinez TWICE in a short series?

Lip

MarkEdward
07-31-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Do you really want to face Pedro Martinez TWICE in a short series?

Lip

I'd be very worried about that offense too. If I had my pick, I'd rather play the Yankees or Mariners (though they're no slouches either).

Let's win this division first, m'kay?

Foulke You
07-31-2003, 12:30 PM
Yes, let us not jinx this White Sox team. When the magic number is at Zero. Then we can plan for the playoffs and not a moment sooner. (btw, for fun I'll take the Yankees in round 1 so the games will be at night, in prime time, and we can make jokes about how the Sox/Yankees playoffs series just wasn't as important or as big as the Yankees first ever trip to Chicago when they played the Cubs at Wrigley :D: )

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-31-2003, 01:21 PM
I just hope we make the playoffs first. then well look ahead.

Gumshoe
07-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Most likely Boston is the wild card, if that, and I bet they get beat out by Oakland ... ahahaa Gammons will love that

How great would it be if the Yanks didn't even make it?

Well, I think IF the Sox make it, they would play SEA or NYY for certain.

Let's take it one step at a time. I'm not a believer yet, so I'm not saying anything about playoffs either

Gum

LuvSox
07-31-2003, 01:34 PM

Let's face it, Sweet Lou beat JM in that series. Our best revenge now would be on Tampa. :D:

Bisco Stu
07-31-2003, 04:12 PM
I fully expect the "Right Sox" to have the best record in MLB in the 2nd half, as we currently do. Kansas ****ty? Still too young. Twins don't have our talent.

Like Ty Cobb, I don't believe in "jinxes." Either you're good enough or you're not.

Steve Bartman
08-08-2003, 01:44 PM
If the playoffs started today, we would be playing the Yanks. No problem. right?

pl8ump1012
08-08-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
If the playoffs started today, we would be playing the Yanks. No problem. right?

actually, if the playoffs started today, the sox would be watching them from home.

Steve Bartman
08-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by pl8ump1012
actually, if the playoffs started today, the sox would be watching them from home.

I am assuming Appier will be rocked for 6 runs tonight, and the Sox will get to Mulder and win. :D:

pl8ump1012
08-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
I am assuming Appier will be rocked for 6 runs tonight, and the Sox will get to Mulder and win. :D:

Lol! Thats a fair assumption. In that case... GO SOX!
:gulp: