PDA

View Full Version : After 2 Huge Games Do Sox Have Enough Gas Left?

manuelsucks
07-30-2003, 11:54 PM
I don't want to be negative or anything, but I've seen it happen when the Sox will have a few games with just a HUGE offensive explosion, then will sort of drift off and go downward. I just hope they don't do that this time, and honestly I don't think they will. They have actually been consistently putting up big numbers and haven't showed any signs of backing down. I just hope they can keep it up so we can at least take two from the series with the Mariners.

koch44
07-31-2003, 12:02 AM
The Sox have a GREAT chance, the guy pitching tomorrow has only had 13 starts, and has given up more earned runs than Loaiza.(Loaiza has been in 21 starts.) He's also pitched half the innings that Loaiza has.

Here's the Matchup

Snyder Loaiza
Games 13 21

Wins 1 13

Losses 5 5

ERA 4.54 2.19

I.P 77.1 143.2

Hits Allowed 82 120

Runs Allowed 42 37

Earned Runs Allowed 39 35

Walks 19 33

Strikeouts 37 115

Wild Pitches 4 1

Kilroy
07-31-2003, 07:17 AM
The Sox should just need to put up 3 or 4 runs today, and let Esteban take care of business. But, the x-factor is that this pitcher has never faced the Sox. And we all know what happens when the Sox have never faced a young pitcher before.

Maybe the Sox are so locked in right now, that it won't matter...

mrwag
07-31-2003, 07:26 AM
I think this is a much better team than we saw earlier in the season. The intensity is there, and they know how to win now. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

hold2dibber
07-31-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by manuelsucks
I don't want to be negative or anything, but I've seen it happen when the Sox will have a few games with just a HUGE offensive explosion, then will sort of drift off and go downward. I just hope they don't do that this time, and honestly I don't think they will. They have actually been consistently putting up big numbers and haven't showed any signs of backing down. I just hope they can keep it up so we can at least take two from the series with the Mariners.

I'm worried about that as well. I'm also concerned that JM will, as he so often does after winning the first 2 games of the series, go with the Jr. Varsity line-up tonight (i.e., start Harris, Rowand, etc.). I'm glad to have Loaiza on the bump, but as has been pointed out, the Sox are facing a young pitcher they haven't seen before, and that has been a problem in the past. On the other hand, good Lord this team is raking right now, so who knows?

gosox41
07-31-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by koch44
The Sox have a GREAT chance, the guy pitching tomorrow has only had 13 starts, and has given up more earned runs than Loaiza.(Loaiza has been in 21 starts.) He's also pitched half the innings that Loaiza has.

Here's the Matchup

Snyder Loaiza
Games 13 21

Wins 1 13

Losses 5 5

ERA 4.54 2.19

I.P 77.1 143.2

Hits Allowed 82 120

Runs Allowed 42 37

Earned Runs Allowed 39 35

Walks 19 33

Strikeouts 37 115

Wild Pitches 4 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the Sox have never faced Snyder before. Isn't that the kiss of death for this team???

Bob

gosox41
07-31-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I'm worried about that as well. I'm also concerned that JM will, as he so often does after winning the first 2 games of the series, go with the Jr. Varsity line-up tonight (i.e., start Harris, Rowand, etc.). I'm glad to have Loaiza on the bump, but as has been pointed out, the Sox are facing a young pitcher they haven't seen before, and that has been a problem in the past. On the other hand, good Lord this team is raking right now, so who knows?

:jerry
Now is an excellent time to do some tinkering. We already won the series so who cares about the third game. It's not like it's a big game or anything.

delben91
07-31-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the Sox have never faced Snyder before. Isn't that the kiss of death for this team???

Bob

I think you're right...(cy snyder?). Well, it could be worse, at least it's not a day game.

CHISOXFAN13
07-31-2003, 10:08 AM
The Sox have erased that trend of late.

Fact is, we've won this series. The pressure is on KC to try and steal one and save some sort of momentum. We'll be loose and smoke this team again tonight.

kevingrt
07-31-2003, 10:09 AM
Sox should have plenty left... if they don't we are absoluetly screwed in Seattle this weekend, because we ain't getting no off day either!

harwar
07-31-2003, 10:14 AM
I really believe that we are just getting warmed up.

Lip Man 1
07-31-2003, 10:41 AM
Good teams find a way to keep winning...we'll see.

Lip

fledgedrallycap
07-31-2003, 10:55 AM
Well, I wouldn't expect the Sox to duplicate the numbers they have put on the board the last two nights; but with ELo on the mound, a three run bomb by Big Frank should put KC in the bag.

npdempse
07-31-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by gosox41

I seem to remember a certain pitcher named Runelvys walking the first four sox he saw in his ML debut last year.

I'm thinking this rule doesn't apply in KC.

RKMeibalane
07-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Well, I wouldn't expect the Sox to duplicate the numbers they have put on the board the last two nights; but with ELo on the mound, a three run bomb by Big Frank should put KC in the bag.

Frank has looked bad at the plate during this series. The Sox haven't needed him, but he doesn't appear to be hitting the ball as hard as he was in the Tampa Bay series. That is, at least, the impression I get from the ESPN Gamecast feature.

sox_fan_forever
07-31-2003, 02:58 PM
I think the Sox will win tonight. Although...I'm not working tonight so it's hard to say. If I was working tonight they would definitely win. :smile: