PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds


doublem23
07-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Anyone see his pregame blast? god damn that man can hit.

Ridiculous! :o:

Tragg
07-30-2003, 11:38 PM
What gets me is this incessant "Barry v Sammy" nonsense from the media. That's like comparing the hope diamond to the $19.95 stretch pay special on QVC.
Not to mention that the game was decided by "just one bad pitch" - gee, wasn't that the case on Monday as well?

doublem23
07-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

Not to mention that the game was decided by "just one bad pitch" - gee, wasn't that the case on Monday as well?

And 75% of other big league games.

gosox3072
07-30-2003, 11:41 PM
Kenny trade Carlos Lee for Bonds straight up!!!!!!!!!

i wish :gulp:

34rancher
07-30-2003, 11:43 PM
Yeah that, and the fact that Cubs have the fifth worst record in the NL. This to go along with being closer (13 games) to the worst team (San Diego) in the NL than to the Best team (16.5 games)in the league (Atlanta).

Now I see why they get all of the attention.

MHOUSE
07-31-2003, 12:35 AM
I just saw that shot on SC. WOW! What an absolute BOMB that was. Bonds was cursing because he was aiming for the roof. Breaking the window came up SHORT. That man can hit.

Woods seems to throw plenty of bad pitches lately. Why was he on the AS team again? He can be lights out once in a while, but this guy sucks.

WhiteSox = Life
07-31-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I just saw that shot on SC. WOW! What an absolute BOMB that was. Bonds was cursing because he was aiming for the roof. Breaking the window came up SHORT. That man can hit.

Woods seems to throw plenty of bad pitches lately. Why was he on the AS team again? He can be lights out once in a while, but this guy sucks.

Do the words Dusty Baker mean anything to you?

LuvSox
07-31-2003, 08:23 AM
Great, more 'folklore' for the Urinal. Cubbie fans don't care about winning, as long as the other team does something specatcular. Losers.

GoSox2K3
07-31-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Not to mention that the game was decided by "just one bad pitch" - gee, wasn't that the case on Monday as well?

That's typical Cub fan logic: 'we would have won if it weren't for 1 bad pitch', 'we would be in first place if we didn't have a (fill in the blank) game losing streak back in (fill in the blank)'. They've been whining this way since the beginning of time. Poor, cute Cubbies, life is so unfair to them!

Or, I should say the 5% of Cub fans who care about winning say this. The other 95% just show up to see Wrigley Field or Sammy, 'aren't really into baseball', and don't care if the team loses.

ncfan
07-31-2003, 08:55 AM
Personally, I am tired of viewing Barry Bonds break a window
outside of wrigley field in a meaningless batting practice. Enough
already. He gets on any sport news station everywhere with
this shot. I do not want to steal his thunder but, what about
Jose`s three in a row against KC. Barely got a web jem on SC.

Dadawg_77
07-31-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by ncfan
Personally, I am tired of viewing Barry Bonds break a window
outside of wrigley field in a meaningless batting practice. Enough
already. He gets on any sport news station everywhere with
this shot. I do not want to steal his thunder but, what about
Jose`s three in a row against KC. Barely got a web jem on SC.

I didn't see the highlight, but the Sox game ended late which means the highlight comes on late. The Barry Bonds shot happen in afternoon so the tape is cut and viewed by everyone before the broadcast.

dickallen15
07-31-2003, 09:00 AM
When SF was at the Cell, Hawk said Bonds hit one into the next to last opening in the RF upperdeck. It was foul, but a bomb.

SpringfldFan
07-31-2003, 09:26 AM
That homeowner should sue him for everything he's worth :D:

FJA
07-31-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by ncfan
Personally, I am tired of viewing Barry Bonds break a window
outside of wrigley field in a meaningless batting practice. Enough
already. He gets on any sport news station everywhere with
this shot. I do not want to steal his thunder but, what about
Jose`s three in a row against KC. Barely got a web jem on SC.

Valentin's HRs definitely got more coverage ... they watched his fourth and fifth at-bats live on BBTN, on SC they keep running the teaser "It's Valentin's Day," or something similar, and last night on SC, Valentin's third HR was the play of the day (accompanied, each time, by Hawk's "Stretch! Stretch!"). Bonds' shot made for a lame "he's going to have to pay for that" joke, but that's about it.

Valentin deserves more mention, but you have to admit, Bonds' shot is also a lot of fun to watch.