PDA

View Full Version : 4 pitchers in a 15-4 stomping?


SoxOnTop
07-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Heckuva game by the Sox tonight. Definitely a Message game to the Royals (Do not **** with us!).

But did Manualy really need to burn 3 releivers in a 15-4 rout? Does he think that we have a bottomless pit of relief or that tomorrow will be a difinite blow-out? Even though White is a whiny, fat, 6 plus ERA clown, he is right that Manual has no idea how to manage this bulpen. I've said it before and I'll say it again: We win despite JM's idiotic managing.

Joel Perez
07-30-2003, 10:33 PM
We needed to see what Scho was all about. Same for Ginter. Koch, well...he needed the confidence booster.... .

All in all a Sox win. We save Wunsch, Marte and Gordon for tomorrow.

voodoochile
07-30-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
Heckuva game by the Sox tonight. Definitely a Message game to the Royals (Do not **** with us!).

But did Manualy really need to burn 3 releivers in a 15-4 rout? Does he think that we have a bottomless pit of relief or that tomorrow will be a difinite blow-out? Even though White is a whiny, fat, 6 plus ERA clown, he is right that Manual has no idea how to manage this bulpen. I've said it before and I'll say it again: We win despite JM's idiotic managing.

Didn't seem like that big of a deal. He used the new guy to let him get his feet wet. Another new guy who has just got called up and will mostly work in long relief. Finally, he used Koch. WHo should be only pitching mopup until he proves he can be trusted.

The whole bullpen that matters should be able to pitch tomorrow and over the weekend in Seattle.

SoxOnTop
07-30-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm sure that Koch built great confidence in closing out a 15-4 blow out. I wish my manager had that kind of confidence in me!

Scho was freaking a starter last year. I'm sure he could have taken an extra inning.

gogosoxgogo
07-30-2003, 10:36 PM
I don't have a problem with it. They all needed the work. Ginter had yet to pitch with us, Koch hadn't pitched in ages, and we all wanted to see Schoeneweis. There isn't much better of a game to get your 3 worst guys (less White) into, to both get them some innings and build their confidence. If they didn't get in today, they never get in, so this just gives them some time to work on the mound.

Joel Perez
07-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Hopefully ELo can pitch into the 7th or 8th tomorrow to keep the rest of the pen healthy. If he pitches a complete game, the better!

SoxOnTop
07-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Maybe, I'll reconsider my statement since they did have Monday off, so everyone should be well rested. I just imagine JM using Gordon and Marte three game in a row and then claim that everyone else had already was tired.

I guess it's just part of my JM paranoia....

VeeckAsInWreck
07-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
Hopefully ELo can pitch into the 7th or 8th tomorrow to keep the rest of the pen healthy. If he pitches a complete game, the better!

:jerry
"comp......p....p...plete game? what's that?"

Tragg
07-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
Heckuva game by the Sox tonight. Definitely a Message game to the Royals (Do not **** with us!).

But did Manualy really need to burn 3 releivers in a 15-4 rout? Does he think that we have a bottomless pit of relief or that tomorrow will be a difinite blow-out? Even though White is a whiny, fat, 6 plus ERA clown, he is right that Manual has no idea how to manage this bulpen. I've said it before and I'll say it again: We win despite JM's idiotic managing.

He used the pitchers fine. He didn't use our guns, he got the recent callup and recent acquisition work and gave Koch a confidence inning. He didn't burn any of them up.

TRL
07-30-2003, 11:02 PM
It was a good chance to get those guys some work in. I would have done the exact same thing.

MHOUSE
07-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
He used the pitchers fine. He didn't use our guns, he got the recent callup and recent acquisition work and gave Koch a confidence inning. He didn't burn any of them up.

Yeah he picked them well. Didn't use Wunsch, Marte, or Flash. I wanted to see Scho and he pitched out of his own jam which was good. He throws heat at 94-96 mph. Koch is the most expensive mop-up guy ever. I hope he figures it out sometime.

jeremyb1
07-31-2003, 12:20 AM
i would've been more concerned if he used fewer pitchers. ginter and koch need work when they can get it and neither will most likely pitch in a particularly close game any time soon. it was good for shoenweis to see some work with his new club also because if he's used correctly as the second lefthanded specialist, we won't need him all that often either.