PDA

View Full Version : Milton Bradley is crazy

MHOUSE
07-30-2003, 03:58 PM
Did anyone see the highlights (or lowlights rather) of Bradley arguing balls and strikes and then going nuts on the umpire? He actually threw his bat and helmet in the direction of the HP umpire! Then his manager Eric Wedge had to hold him back from going after the ump like he was gonna fight him or something. Is this guy an idiot or what? He can't play CF, he doesn't hustle on the bases, and now he's getting tossed for arguing? Anything else he can do to piss off his manager? He's got a great bat, but nothing between the ears.

brewcrew/chisox
07-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Is this guy an idiot or what? He can't play CF, he doesn't hustle on the bases, and now he's getting tossed for arguing? Anything else he can do to piss off his manager? He's got a great bat, but nothing between the ears.

hmmmm, doesn't hustle, an idiot on the bases, can't play defense...but can hit.

Who did we trade Jimmenez to again? I thought it was that other Ohio club.

MHOUSE
07-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by brewcrew/chisox
hmmmm, doesn't hustle, an idiot on the bases, can't play defense...but can hit.

Who did we trade Jimmenez to again? I thought it was that other Ohio club.

Maybe it's in the Ohio water or something? :)

MarqSox
07-30-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
He's got a great bat, but nothing between the ears.

I dunno, that Monopoly game was pretty ingenius ... :)

Seriously though, that guy really is a jag. Something tells me he won't be an Indian next year. Their outfield is loaded with young talent -- he's perfect trade bait. That is, as long as he stays out of jail.

voodoochile
07-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Not to be picky... really I guess that should read - JUST to be picky :D: - Monopoly is made by Parker Brothers and they didn't invent it, merely bought it from the guy who did invent it (a plumber in Brooklyn or something...)

Fisk72
07-30-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Seriously though, that guy really is a jag. Something tells me he won't be an Indian next year. Their outfield is loaded with young talent -- he's perfect trade bait. That is, as long as he stays out of jail.

Trade bait AND jail bait! Ha ha ha! :gulp:

Tragg
07-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Not to be picky... really I guess that should read - JUST to be picky :D: - Monopoly is made by Parker Brothers and they didn't invent it, merely bought it from the guy who did invent it (a plumber in Brooklyn or something...)

A lot of kiddies liked Candyland - I was a Chutes n Ladders tyke myself.

whitesoxwilkes
07-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
A lot of kiddies liked Candyland - I was a Chutes n Ladders tyke myself.

My favorite heckle for Bradley when he's at the Cell is "Chuuuuuutes and Laaaaaaaderrrrrrrs."

A.T. Money
07-30-2003, 06:59 PM
That guy is NUTS!

I saw an episode of You Gotta See This and there was a clip of him getting hit by a pitch when he was with the Expos organization, and he charged the mound with the bat. The guy is absolutely psycho.

MHOUSE
07-30-2003, 08:52 PM
Milton Bradley, Coco Crisp, do the Jndjans get players with funny names or what?

konerkopeachy
07-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know if Capn' Crunch and Count Chocula are going to be free agents?

Joel Perez
07-30-2003, 10:43 PM
I heard Sugar Bear is batting cleanup while Boo Berry is heading to the pen!. HA!

Seriously...Page 2 of ESPN.Com ran a story of Bradley's anger, and how he "rides it to set his stage of stardom". Yeah right, sounds like another Joey Belle episode to me!

gosox41
07-31-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Fisk72
Trade bait AND jail bait! Ha ha ha! :gulp:

I'll make a prediction now and see if I'm right. I think Bradley will be traded by the Indians during the offseason tothe Oakland A's. He's a perfect fit for Oakland. He's an on base machine and he has something wrong with him (evidently) so the A's won't give up much to get him.

Bob

MarkEdward
07-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I'll make a prediction now and see if I'm right. I think Bradley will be traded by the Indians during the offseason tothe Oakland A's. He's a perfect fit for Oakland. He's an on base machine and he has something wrong with him (evidently) so the A's won't give up much to get him.

Bob

I don't know about that. Mark Shapiro (Indians' GM) is pretty smart, and he probably realizes Bradley still has a lot of talent. I don't think he'd give Bradley up for beans.

Your theory is interesting, however.

MHOUSE
07-31-2003, 04:52 PM
He's still upset about it a day after! Read this (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/story?id=1587723) .

gosox41
08-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
I don't know about that. Mark Shapiro (Indians' GM) is pretty smart, and he probably realizes Bradley still has a lot of talent. I don't think he'd give Bradley up for beans.

Your theory is interesting, however.

Call it a hunch. I just think the Indians are going to tire of this while the A's put up with a lot if it helps the team win.

Bob

Konerkoholic
08-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Froemming is by far the most confrontational ump I have ever seen.