PDA

View Full Version : Excellent article on GM's, Deadline, etc...

Randar68
07-30-2003, 12:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/story?id=1586826

Beane's gonna have some trouble making deals now. No more, "Throw out some names you might be willing to deal". Think it will be more like... "Billy, who do you want. Names. Now."

fledgedrallycap
07-30-2003, 12:58 PM
I loved this quote:

"I don't trust Billy," said one GM. "It's as simple as that."

Doesn't that just sound like our KW.

Speaking of Billy Beane, has anyone else heard the rumor that Beane "prefers the company of men"....a co-worker mentioned that one to me not so long ago and wanted to know if anyone else caught word of that.

DrCrawdad
07-30-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I loved this quote:

Speaking of Billy Beane, has anyone else heard the rumor that Beane "prefers the company of men"....a co-worker mentioned that one to me not so long ago and wanted to know if anyone else caught word of that.

I believe that the person is confusing Billy Beane the GM with the "out" Bill Bean former MLB player.

harwar
07-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Thats the most enjoyable article that i've read in sometime.Very good.

voodoochile
07-30-2003, 01:17 PM
I loved this quote:

Even if he was, who cares, but let this be a lesson to every "business person" - Don't poke the monkeys with a stick.

Beane made light of too many people - some of whom (drum roll please) don't think they deserved to be made light of and ALL of whom (cymbal crash) resent it...

fledgedrallycap
07-30-2003, 01:36 PM
I'm not knocking the guy for possibily being gay, just was curious of the validity of the rumor.

Dadawg_77
07-30-2003, 01:42 PM
I'm not knocking the guy for possibily being gay, just was curious of the validity of the rumor.

I do believe he is married. People are just forgettin Bean doesn't have to end with an 'e' at the end. See the post above. But it can get confusing when searching for a book about baseball and you get Bean's when you were looking for moneyball.

fledgedrallycap
07-30-2003, 01:47 PM
That obviously makes a lot of sense. I seem to remember the HBO Real Sports Interview about the ex-ball player Bean. Thanks,

gosox41
07-30-2003, 02:20 PM

I'm pretty sure he's married with kids. It's the other Billy Beane who people are thinking of. He even wrote a book talking about it.

Bob

FJA
07-30-2003, 02:23 PM

That is exactly what I thought when I read that. I can see him saying that.