PDA

View Full Version : Weaver? Hitchcock?

jabrch
07-30-2003, 10:17 AM
I know the Yanks plan to move one of these guys to STL, any chance we can jump into this? These would be the 5th starter that we are looking for?

mandmandm
07-30-2003, 10:19 AM
For White and/or Koch, minor leaguers. Would would we have to give up?

jabrch
07-30-2003, 10:21 AM
The Yanks are just looking to move one of them for midlevel prospects, I think... Although I do hear now they are talking about a JD Drew deal...

Paulwny
07-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
I know the Yanks plan to move one of these guys to STL, any chance we can jump into this? These would be the 5th starter that we are looking for?

Both make too much $$$.

Hitchcock has had a few good innings out of the pen but for the most part he's bombed. Yanks are looking for middle relief, if Hitchcock were any good they'd hold on to him.

Weaver has become a "cry baby". His temper tantrums are wearing thin with the fans and in the yank clubhouse.

Irishsox1
07-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Based on Weavers actions during the 2000 fight against Detroit, I never want to see Weaver in a White Sox uniform.

MHOUSE
07-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Get Weaver out of Yankee Stadium and he'll do fine. That curveball is wicked.

Dadawg_77
07-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Based on Weavers actions during the 2000 fight against Detroit, I never want to see Weaver in a White Sox uniform.

Hey, I hated Rodman when he wore the blue uni of the Pistons and cheap shooting Pippen. But I cheered him and was happy that he came here when he did, because he was the missing piece which greatly help win three trophies.

Paulwny
07-30-2003, 01:44 PM
Two reasons JR won't want Weaver
I believe his contract calls for > $7 mil next year
Boras is his agent

JJAustin69
07-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Houston has the inside track on Weaver.

jabrch
07-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69

That's a new one...I haven't heard that yet. Oswalt just got put on the DL, so they really need another SP. What would they give up for Weaver?

hold2dibber
07-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Boras is his agent

Actually, more than $6 million next year and more than $9 million the following year. No thank you.

gogosoxgogo
07-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69

I don't think the Astros can afford Weaver. I think they are more in the hunt for someone such as Suppan.

BKozi
07-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Both make too much $$$.

Weaver has become a "cry baby". His temper tantrums are wearing thin with the fans and in the yank clubhouse.

Speaking of this, did anyone happen to catch Gammons on BT last night talking about Weaver? I know that PG can be a psycho, but I've never heard him freak out like that. I was wondering if maybe Weaver knocked his daughter up or something.

JJAustin69
07-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
That's a new one...I haven't heard that yet. Oswalt just got put on the DL, so they really need another SP. What would they give up for Weaver? They think that Oswalt may be done for the year with a hole in that groin muscle. (Ouch) But they are trying to get him (Weaver) on the cheap with only minor league names being thrown around so far. Astros ownership is notoriously cheap but they are under a lot of pressure here to play to win the NL Central.

Paulwny
07-30-2003, 02:18 PM
So much for the great yank front office and over hyped scouting .
A Newsday article thinks the yanks may just release Hitchcock after the cards scouted him and are no longer interested.

A $7 mil per year can't pitch mistake.
But, it means nothing to yank fans, just go out and spend more money to rectify the mistake because no one remembers the mistakes if you win.

Paulwny
07-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Actually, more than $6 million next year and more than $9 million the following year. No thank you.

Thanks, forgot it was the following year.

FarmerAndy
07-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Boras is his agent

The $7 million would be a factor, but Boras wouldn't.

People kept bringing up the whole Boras thing when we were talking about Weaver in the off-season too. Weaver is already signed to a contract, so it doesn't matter whether his agent is Scott Boras or Mayor McCheese. The only time you don't want to deal with Boras is when you are trying to sign a free agent. If your picking up somebody that is already under contract, the agent really doesn't come into play.