PDA

View Full Version : How many runs up do the sox have to be to put in Kotch

brewcrew/chisox
07-30-2003, 12:01 AM
Eddie Gaedel and I argued about this while we watched tonight's game. No one on, no outs. I figured three was enough, but four would have helped with the nausea.

WinningUgly!
07-30-2003, 12:15 AM
Rick White is just as bad! KW needs to add a RHP to the pen, that can be used in close games, other than Tom Gordon. I love the Shoenweis deal, but a 5th starter & a right handed reliever are much bigger needs!

brewcrew/chisox
07-30-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Rick White is just as bad! KW needs to add a RHP to the pen, that can be used in close games, other than Tom Gordon. I love the Shoenweis deal, but a 5th starter & a right handed reliever are much bigger needs!

Yeah well at least Kotch knows to shut his mouth when talking to the press.

I agree about the right hand relief..although I luuuuv Shoenweis's era against lefties. Gordon is a stud right now, but he does have a history of injuries (knock on wood....really knocking...I'm banging on my computer desk right now) and he is no spring chicken either.

kermittheefrog
07-30-2003, 12:25 AM
I think the major league record for most runs in one inning is 18. If we're up 19 Koch can pitch the ninth inning.

gogosoxgogo
07-30-2003, 12:31 AM
I'll go with 3. However, we must have at least 1 (one) of Damaso Marte, Tom Gordon, or Kelly Wunsch warming in the bullpen and ready to come in at the first occurance of trouble.

Thunderstruck30
07-30-2003, 01:07 AM
I say 5 because if he gives up a grand slam the Sox are still winning.

dllrbll7
07-30-2003, 01:39 AM
my limit personal opinion is 9 runs

WhiteSox = Life
07-30-2003, 03:31 AM
Good question. The same thing was sort of being discussed in the chat room during tonight's (July 29, 2003) game.

Along the same thinking of Thunderstruck30, but a bit different, I chose four. I thought of the grand slam thing immediately, and figured four would be enough.

However, it has to be at least four runs. No less, and preferably, plenty more.

Paulwny
07-30-2003, 07:26 AM
As usual, I'm confused. At least twice last night Farmer mentioned that if Koch didn't get into the game he'd pitch in today's simulated game and Farmer would be there and report on what he observed.
Who do teams normally use to pitch simulated games? I know that quite often a pitcher comming off rehab will be used in these games to check him out.

Eddie Gaedel
07-30-2003, 10:17 AM
who the hell is kotch?

soxruleEP
07-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel
who the hell is kotch?

Brewcrew/chisox's unfortunate rendering of Koch's non de plume.

brewcrew/chisox
07-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel
who the hell is kotch?

I've been calling the guy Krotch on WSI for so long now, I don't think I can spell his real name....the 'T' just slips in there.

Sorry :D: :D:

Eddie Gaedel
07-30-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by brewcrew/chisox
I've been calling the guy Krotch on WSI for so long now, I don't think I can spell his real name....the 'T' just slips in there.

Sorry :D: :D:

well stop slippin' your 'T' in koch. that may be the reason he's been performing so badly, or at least why he walks funny. :o:

SoxxoS
07-30-2003, 07:43 PM
I personally like "Billy Botch"

voodoochile
07-30-2003, 11:19 PM
Well, he did very well when the Sox were up 11 tonight, so we may have found a baseline. Can it be moved down? No one knows for sure...

:bkoch:
"What do you mean I don't get a save? I put the other team down 1-2-3 in the 9th..."

koch44
07-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

:bkoch:
"What do you mean I don't get a save? I put the other team down 1-2-3 in the 9th..."

:jerry

Don't worry Billy, for that 1-2-3 ninth that you pitched today, I'll let you close out the game tomorrow, I don't care what the score is. It's like when Jimenez got that game winning hit against the Cubs...

*TINKER*TINKER*TINKER*