PDA

View Full Version : BoSox get Williamson

MHOUSE
07-29-2003, 11:36 PM
I'd take Scott Williamson over Shoenweiss, but it's too late now. Boston gives up two players and cash. The Reds firesale has begun.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/story?id=1587143)

Tragg
07-29-2003, 11:53 PM
It's that cash that gets us. Boston, the best I can tell, gave up zilch in the way of players.
Looking at Suppan, who is having quite a year, why would pitt want to trade him? His salary's reasonable, he pitches well

MHOUSE
07-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
It's that cash that gets us. Boston, the best I can tell, gave up zilch in the way of players.
Looking at Suppan, who is having quite a year, why would pitt want to trade him? His salary's reasonable, he pitches well

They have some good minor league pitchers who'll get a chance next year. Wells, Fogg, and a healthy Benson will solidify their young rotation and they have 2-3 minor leaguers who are going to step up. Suppan will get more $ next year if his good season continues right?

StepsInSC
07-30-2003, 01:24 AM
I want BOONE

Saracen
07-30-2003, 07:32 AM
Gammons mentioned KW was "heartbroken" he didn't get Williamson. And that he's still in the Boone sweepstakes.

MHOUSE
07-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Saracen
Gammons mentioned KW was "heartbroken" he didn't get Williamson. And that he's still in the Boone sweepstakes.

Good to hear. Would you trade for Boone and then move Crede as well for Ponson? I dunno it sounds like a lot. Maybe Joe can still heat up down the stretch.