PDA

View Full Version : KC Roadtrip....anyone else going?

Hangar18
07-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Just curious.....there are a few of us traveling there shortly...
I'll be at the Weds/Thurs games.....

Hangar18
07-29-2003, 04:33 PM
you mean to tell me we dont have any Sox Fans in KC ??

Eddie Gaedel
07-29-2003, 04:36 PM
no can do, but i'm thinking of going for the final series of the year (9/25-28). let us know if there's anything to do in KC during the day. thanks.

Brian26
07-29-2003, 04:51 PM
Minnesota....LA....west coast....

Geezuz Hangar, don't you have a job like the rest of us?!?!?

LOL.

maurice
07-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel
let us know if there's anything to do in KC during the day.

This (http://www.nlbm.com/visitor.html) looks interesting.

CHISOXFAN13
07-29-2003, 04:58 PM
I try to make it to KC each year, but the first two series didn't work out because of work.

I'll be there in late Sept. I just hope we have a 3 or 4 game lead, or more for that matter, when I arrive.

Hangar18
07-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Minnesota....LA....west coast....

Geezuz Hangar, don't you have a job like the rest of us?!?!?

LOL.

heh heh. Did I mention I was independently wealthy and have nothing more to do than hassle our sox? heh heh

MarkEdward
07-29-2003, 05:58 PM
I went to Kansas City to see the Sox the play their second game of the 2003 season. Here are some things to do when you're down there:

- Gate's BBQ. Best BBQ in KC.

- I'd definitely try to see the Negro League Museum. A lot of cool info and neat stuff. It's connected to a jazz museum, though I didn't get to visit that.

I didn't get to walk around the actual city, but it seems like a very nice place to live. Very few Sox fans though.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-29-2003, 07:10 PM
I'll pass. I was in Kansas City just last week. Worst airport ever created. Even the old terminal at Detroit Metro was better. You have to drive forever to get anywhere after you've landed in the middle of that pasture, too. I swear to God, there are cattle grazing beyond the runway.

Charlie Finley was right. It is a horse**** town. :smile:

RKMeibalane
07-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I'll pass. I was in Kansas City just last week. Worst airport ever created. Even the old terminal at Detroit Metro was better. You have to drive forever to get anywhere after you've landed in the middle of that pasture, too. I swear to God, there are cattle grazing beyond the runway.

Charlie Finley was right. It is a horse**** town. :smile:

That entire area just sucks. Several years ago, my family and I visited Colorado. We drove through Kansas City to get there. Once you cross the border between Missouri and Kansas, there is nothing around. Nothing. Well, unless you include the cattle or the random hay silos and water pumps. LOL!

JJAustin69
07-29-2003, 07:37 PM
I was trapped at the Kansas City airport last year when Vanguard Airlines went out of business. Like a prison. Well, a prison with one small bar.

Daver
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
That entire area just sucks. Several years ago, my family and I visited Colorado. We drove through Kansas City to get there. Once you cross the border between Missouri and Kansas, there is nothing around. Nothing. Well, unless you include the cattle or the random hay silos and water pumps. LOL!

Go there in mid October,the skies are full of geese,and the farm fields are full of hunters. :redneck

voodoochile
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Spent two weeks there back in '88 for management training. We stayed in some area where they string the whole neighborhood with christmas lights. I mean EVERY building outlined in lights. It's a big tourist trap picture postcard moment. Got to see a Chiefs game that was pretty cool. Most of the trainees stayed together and pretty much stayed around there.

whitesoxwilkes
07-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Got to see a Chiefs game that was pretty cool. Most of the trainees stayed together and pretty much stayed around there.

I went to a Chiefs game a few years ago and it was unreal. The passion those fans show makes Bears fans look like, um, Braves or Flub fans.

hose
07-30-2003, 06:48 AM
Hangar I'll be looking for your 2000 hit sign for the Big Hurt tonight.

:)