PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Start in Seattle

jcw218
07-29-2003, 12:56 PM
From CBS.Sportsline.com

If White Sox general manager Ken Williams doesn't pull the trigger on a deal for another pitcher this week, the organization is leaning toward recalling right-handed starter Danny Wright from Triple-A Charlotte to make that Saturday start in Seattle over the weekend.

Wright, who had been struggling since being sent down before the All-Star Break, went seven innings and allowed three runs on three hits in a complete-game win in a double-header with Louisville July 26. That win improved to 1-3 for the Knights with a 4.78 ERA.

The thing in Wright's favor, however, is he's had success in Seattle. Before lasting just 4 1/3 innings and allowing four runs at Safeco Field in a May 9 start, Wright entered this season with two no-decisions at Safeco, but a stingy 2.63 ERA (four earned runs in 13 2/3 innings pitched).

link (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/report/CHW/6505276)

FJA
07-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by jcw218
From CBS.Sportsline.com

link (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/report/CHW/6505276)

I really, really hope KW pulls the trigger because some level of success from our fifth starter is going to be essential given the teams we are playing vs. the teams KC is playing.

Gumshoe
07-29-2003, 01:25 PM
I've seen Danny pitch VERY well against Seattle a few times. Let's give him a shot vs. making a stupid trade that we'll regret. Get Suppan for nothing if you can, otherwise, stand pat. The other guys cost too much or we'll have to trade a lot for them.

Gumshoe

Shoeless Joe
07-29-2003, 02:01 PM
The thing in Wright's favor, however, is he's had success in Seattle. Before lasting just 4 1/3 innings and allowing four runs at Safeco Field in a May 9 start, Wright entered this season with two no-decisions at Safeco, but a stingy 2.63 ERA (four earned runs in 13 2/3 innings pitched).

He won't be facing the Mariners the entire season though. The Sox definitely need another pitcher whether it be Suppan or another vet. If you bring up Wright than that's fine but I can't see the Sox expecting him be the 5th guy the entire season you need someone else via the trade or waivers.