PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Times Chubby Romanticizing...

SoxOnTop
07-29-2003, 07:45 AM
Did anyone read this article in the Sun Times: 5 Reasons to Believe in the Cubs .

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-kiley29.html

It's actually quite funny. This is my favorite part:

"But if Baker's contention comes true, it will be because Sosa and Alou had spectacular finishes. These good buddies now have a daily routine in which they hug when they first encounter one another in the clubhouse."

Aint that Cute!!!! If only Pauly and Frank would hug each and every day, we, too, would have a reason to believe in the Sox.

Do people actually believe this drivel???

Vsahajpal
07-29-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
Did anyone read this article in the Sun Times: 5 Reasons to Believe in the Cubs .

"But if Baker's contention comes true, it will be because Sosa and Alou had spectacular finishes. These good buddies now have a daily routine in which they hug when they first encounter one another in the clubhouse."

Aint that Cute!!!! If only Pauly and Frank would hug each and every day, we, too, would have a reason to believe in the Sox.

This hugging thing is strange. It actually began this year in Boston. Manny Ramirez would hug (and still is) his teammates instead of the usual high five, fist bump,etc...I don't know if it is a Dominican thing, but it caught me off guard watching the NESN broadcasts.

bobj4400
07-29-2003, 08:59 AM

I wanted to puke when I read that line...Kiley somehow makes me hate the Cubs more everyday.

TornLabrum
07-29-2003, 09:31 AM

Next step: Sosa and Alou French kiss each other on the dugout steps when one of them hits one out.

hold2dibber
07-29-2003, 09:34 AM

:chunks

voodoochile
07-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
This hugging thing is strange. It actually began this year in Boston. Manny Ramirez would hug (and still is) his teammates instead of the usual high five, fist bump,etc...I don't know if it is a Dominican thing, but it caught me off guard watching the NESN broadcasts.

Somehow I don't think Manny is doing it because it is a "Dominican thing". More likely he is just trying to cop a feel...

voodoochile
07-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Next step: Sosa and Alou French kiss each other on the dugout steps when one of them hits one out.

Well, that will increase local attendance to the game.

:gallas
"Genius! I wish I had thought of it... Maggs, Frank... there's been a change of plans...."

:maggs :hurt
"Stay away from us you big headed freak..."

SoxOnTop
07-29-2003, 10:01 AM
I think that only works in "Wrigleyville".....

LuvSox
07-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

More than likely.....

gogosoxgogo
07-29-2003, 01:40 PM
I guess the Cubs feel as though they have already established the straight demographic. Now they are targeting the homosexuals. Smart business tactic!

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-29-2003, 02:48 PM
For instance, Lofton was made uncomfortable while he was being interviewed after his three-hit effort Sunday by an X-rated compact disc that was playing on the clubhouse stereo. He feared microphones would pick up the raw language in the background and people might confuse his words with those profanities. He stopped talking until the music was turned off.

lofton already hates sammy's music. excellent

white sox bill
07-29-2003, 03:22 PM
I thought ALL Cub players and fans frenched!

No wonder Billy Beane (not the GM) wanted to be a Cub

gogosoxgogo
07-29-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
lofton already hates sammy's music. excellent

I doubt that was Sammy's music. Sosa blasts salsa music. I'm not too familiar with salsa, but I don't think it has a lot of vulgar words.

southsidegirl
07-29-2003, 11:11 PM
now lets make up top 5 reasons NOT to believe in the cubs............top 5 reasons to believe in the sox would work too

southsidegirl
07-29-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

and we all know why......because scrub fans are perverted sickos

StepsInSC
07-29-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I doubt that was Sammy's music. Sosa blasts salsa music. I'm not too familiar with salsa, but I don't think it has a lot of vulgar words.

Obviously your not too up to date on ghetto salsa.

WhiteSox = Life
07-29-2003, 11:47 PM
It's hard to believe anybody could give Mike Downey a run for his money, but Mike Kiley, as long as he continues to churn out BS articles like this, he's going to remain on top as the worst sports writer in Chicago.