PDA

View Full Version : Yikes - Anderson out for season

gogosoxgogo
07-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Anyone else see this? Our first round draft pick, Brian Anderson, is out for the year as he will have season-ending wrist surgery. It doesn't sound like anything too major, but anytime a top prospect goes under the knife, I cringe.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030728&content_id=449491&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha

Randar68
07-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Anyone else see this? Our first round draft pick, Brian Anderson, is out for the year as he will have season-ending wrist surgery. It doesn't sound like anything too major, but anytime a top prospect goes under the knife, I cringe.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030728&content_id=449491&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha

Daver and I were just talking about the amount of time he had missed. You always worry when a prospect of this nature misses a couple weeks and there isn't a report about it anywhere to be found. Usually means something bad.

kermittheefrog
07-28-2003, 09:37 PM
A wrist injury is pretty major. It's just about the worst thing that can happen to a hitting prospect.

SoxxoS
07-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
A wrist injury is pretty major. It's just about the worst thing that can happen to a hitting prospect.

Nice!!!

MarkEdward
07-28-2003, 10:14 PM
This is all the more reason not to trade Jeremy Reed.

jeremyb1
07-28-2003, 10:22 PM

yeah i'd say so. nomar wasn't really the same until this season after his wrist injury. lets hope for the best.

SoxxoS
07-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

Mark-Who was talking about trading Reed???

KW may make some questionable moves, but he wouldn't trade the best prospect in the organization...

Randar68
07-28-2003, 10:25 PM

Come on now. This is neither a muscle or tendon.ligament issue. Most people have issues with carpal bones, but most don't aggravate these past injuries or birth defects unless they are an athlete or suffer an adjacent injury.

For example, a friend of mine just broke his foot just below the ankle. During surgery, the doctors removed half a dozen carpal bones that were previously injured or just straight out not necessary and/or in the way.

Ankles/feet are not that mush different in nature than wrists when it comes to this type of issue.

Again, I am going to ask a friend of mine who is a orthopedist about this, but it appears to be very minor from the initial report.

MarkEdward
07-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Mark-Who was talking about trading Reed???

Read post seven:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22500&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Daver
07-28-2003, 10:39 PM

Why are you comparing a corner outfielder to a center fielder?

Reed is a converted infielder,and is passable at best in left field.

MarkEdward
07-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by daver
Why are you comparing a corner outfielder to a center fielder?

I'm comparing them as outfielders, no matter what outfield position they play.

Is there something really wrong with that?

Daver
07-28-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm comparing them as outfielders, no matter what outfield position they play.

Is there something really wrong with that?

No there is nothing wrong with that,I just thought it was strange that you would point out that the Sox should not trade a left fielder because of a minor injury to a center fielder.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

MHOUSE
07-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Well I hope this doesn't hinder his progress too much. If it took Nomar that long to come around then it might be longer for Anderson right? If he doesn't pan out then the trade of Webster might turn out to be worse.

Daver
07-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Well I hope this doesn't hinder his progress too much. If it took Nomar that long to come around then it might be longer for Anderson right? If he doesn't pan out then the trade of Webster might turn out to be worse.

You are aware of the fact that Webster has played a whopping four years of organized baseball including this season right?

Webster was perfect trade bait,a player that has all the tools,but is going to take a long time to develop,if in fact he ever does.He has yet to play above low A ball.

maurice
07-29-2003, 11:54 AM
On a brighter note, Nanita hit for the cycle the other day.

Randar68
07-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by maurice
On a brighter note, Nanita hit for the cycle the other day.

Last night to be exact. 4-5 with a grand salami. Leads the league in hitting. He was steal in the 14th round.

gogosoxgogo
07-29-2003, 01:29 PM

lol, I knew you would come back with that when I posted this. I have nothing to respond with... :(:

valposoxfan
07-29-2003, 02:36 PM
I saw this this morning as well. It concerned me a little bit but I am not worried. Nomar came back from the exact same thing. I hope he is OK because he has a butt load of talent. Good luck Brian. Get well.

MarkEdward
07-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
lol, I knew you would come back with that when I posted this. I have nothing to respond with... :(:

That's alright. It's not like I'm happy that Anderson's injured.