PDA

View Full Version : KC aquires Graeme Lloyd from Mets


ScottyTheSoxFan
07-28-2003, 03:41 PM
per espn bottom line. no link yet

FJA
07-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
per espn bottom line. no link yet

Not a KO, but this stabilizes their bullpen somewhat. He's had a pretty bad July, so it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

thecell
07-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Uh oh...I guess we should just pack it in.

MHOUSE
07-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Damn. I was just gonna post this. Were u watching Beg Borrow & Deal? I was. Anyways.....
Graeme Lloyd (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4990) is a good addition to the bullpen for Kansas City. The Royals sent Jeremy Hill (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7015) to the Mets. Leskanic and now Lloyd. They're definately making a run at this thing. These moves really help them and they haven't given up much at all either.

Unregistered
07-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Wow, I didn't even know he was still playing... and I LIVE in New York.

jabrch
07-28-2003, 04:59 PM
but he's not nearly as tough as Marte.

Good move for KC, but not a knockout at all.

LuvSox
07-28-2003, 05:36 PM
OH NO, IT'S OVER! CALL IT QUITS WHITE SOX, KC HAS GRAME LLOYD!!!!!!!

B. Diddy
07-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Well, Affeldt was demoted to the 'pen recently, so even though their bullpen is better, their starting rotation is still Swiss cheese.
If Run-Elvis and Lima are their only quality starters, they're definitely beatable.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-28-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Damn. I was just gonna post this. Were u watching Beg Borrow & Deal? I was. Anyways.....
Graeme Lloyd (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4990) is a good addition to the bullpen for Kansas City. The Royals sent Jeremy Hill (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7015) to the Mets. Leskanic and now Lloyd. They're definately making a run at this thing. These moves really help them and they haven't given up much at all either.
yes i was watching it. i love that show!

harwar
07-28-2003, 06:50 PM
I realize their down near the bottom in pitching & defense and their offense ranks just above the middle somewhere,but has anyone actually watched them play?I watch them quite a bit and they play hard,never quit,and seem to find ways to win.The game tomorrow night will tell a lot.I would love to see the Sox just slap em down and put then in their place.However;I have nightmares about them doing that to us.

gosox41
07-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I realize their down near the bottom in pitching & defense and their offense ranks just above the middle somewhere,but has anyone actually watched them play?I watch them quite a bit and they play hard,never quit,and seem to find ways to win.The game tomorrow night will tell a lot.I would love to see the Sox just slap em down and put then in their place.However;I have nightmares about them doing that to us.

I'm a little concerned too. Based on the numbers, KC has more wins then they should. This can be attributed to good luck, but KC playing so hard also proves you create your own luck. The Sox playing so bad the first half also helps prove this.

Hopefully this Sox will show up with some intensity tomorrow and come out firing.

Bob

TornLabrum
07-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I'm a little concerned too. Based on the numbers, KC has more wins then they should. This can be attributed to good luck, but KC playing so hard also proves you create your own luck. The Sox playing so bad the first half also helps prove this.

Hopefully this Sox will show up with some intensity tomorrow and come out firing.

Bob

Here's a novel thought about the Royals: Could it be that they have a manager who a) knows what he's doing and b) knows how to handle his players?

duke of dorwood
07-28-2003, 07:19 PM
He obviously has a team overachieving, while on the other hand, there's

:jerry

TornLabrum
07-28-2003, 07:42 PM
:jerry

"If we can play .500 or a little under into July, and lose to teams like Detroit and Tampa Bay early in the season, we'll be in a position to ambush the division leaders in August and September."

bullsn2007
07-28-2003, 08:12 PM
i am going to the game tomorrow night. Royals have Darrel May pitching so it should be a good game.

May pitches exactly like Buerhle and May has won 5 straight decisions

MHOUSE
07-28-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
yes i was watching it. i love that show!
Here's the LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/story?id=1586620) if anyone still cares.

Were you satisfied with who was voted off? Eric was a loser and Karrie, although cute, was too much of a bully. I think Annmarie is the cutest by far. The blonde chick isn't bad either. I think Team Exodus will win it.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Here's the LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/story?id=1586620) if anyone still cares.

Were you satisfied with who was voted off? Eric was a loser and Karrie, although cute, was too much of a bully. I think Annmarie is the cutest by far. The blonde chick isn't bad either. I think Team Exodus will win it.

yeah i say exodus takes it.

voodoochile
07-31-2003, 11:01 PM
bump...

Everyone all together...

"THANK YOU KANSAS CITY!"

doublem23
07-31-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
bump...

Everyone all together...

"THANK YOU KANSAS CITY!"

:)

cheeses_h_rice
07-31-2003, 11:09 PM
Graeme Lloyd: Australian for "Koch".

:)

WhiteSox = Life
07-31-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Graeme Lloyd: Australian for "Koch".

:)

Graeme Lloyd? He pitched more like Christopher Lloyd!

http://www.ozcraft.com/scifidu/future/cast_doc.jpg
"Whatareyoutalkingabout, Life!?!"