PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Sportscasters...

steff
08-24-2001, 10:18 AM
I was watching TV this morning getting ready for work - which I usually don't do cause they are all morons - but Fox was on, and as they are going to commerical Bruce Wolf (that right?) says something like ... "not a good day for the Cubs.. bla bla bla.." Nothing about the Sox. ***..? The Sox won but yet the Cubs loss is worthy of being the teaser? Like I said, I rarely watch TV in the morning, but is this how it always is? I can't stand any of Chicago's sportscasters. Mark on channel 7 especially. He looks like that frog screwing the bunny... and nice tanning spa tan.

NUCatsFan
08-24-2001, 10:22 AM
Bruce Wolf still has a job? All he is is a bunch of one-liners. Never did like him.

cheeses_h_rice
08-24-2001, 10:33 AM
Well, for a teaser spot, I can't blame anyone with leading with the Flubs -- they are still the story in this town right now, since they're still closer to being in the race than the Sox. I'd let it slide.

steff
08-24-2001, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Well, for a teaser spot, I can't blame anyone with leading with the Flubs -- they are still the story in this town right now, since they're still closer to being in the race than the Sox. I'd let it slide.

Agree.. to a point. But why not say "Cubs lose (but SamME hits 3 HR's), Sox win..." I was talking to some guys in the office and they said that it seems everyone on TV is on the Cubune's payroll how they literally reufse to talk about the Sox unless they get spanked or the Cubs don't play. And on that note, one guy told me that when the Cubs were off the other day that a story about Anna K needing a few day rest was ahead of the Sox win. Sickening.

cheeses_h_rice
08-24-2001, 10:41 AM
:giangreco

Are you insinuating that I'm biased against the Sox because I did a spring-training preview of the Flubs a few years ago and ignored the Sox, despite the Sox having a better record the year before?

steff
08-24-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
:giangreco

Are you insinuating that I'm biased against the Sox because I did a spring-training preview of the Flubs a few years ago and ignored the Sox, despite the Sox having a better record the year before?

I am incinuating that you are a closet homo (not that there's anything wrong with that) who, along with Jay, takes turnes waxing SamME's balls... and I'm not referring to the white ones either!!

Iguana775
08-24-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by steff3603

I am incinuating that you are a closet homo (not that there's anything wrong with that) who, along with Jay, takes turnes waxing SamME's balls... and I'm not referring to the white ones either!!

OUCH!!!! that would freaking hurt!!!!!! :)