PDA

View Full Version : hit the freakin baseball and shut your mouth

soxfan45
07-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Manuel fan but ya know, lets stop making excuses for these ballplayers....hitting the baseball with consistency doesn't have as much to do with where you are in the lineup as whether or not you are a good hitter.

Konerko is starting this junk about how he being on the bench has hurt him and that any other starting major leaguer would be given the opportunity to work his way out of a slump.

I say B.S. to that. Ballplayer are getting BIG money to play this game and perform. If you cannot get it done, the team has to try something else. If we sit here and say that Konerko is where he is because he hasn't been getting conistent at bats, then perhaps Frank doesn't get out of his slump by playing 1st base. I mean look at Crede. He has played nearly every game at 3rd and hitting very marginally....the organization hasn't given up on him.

Pauly, Jose and the rest of the complainers can get set lineups if they hit over .235 and .216. I haven't seen Magglio out of the lineup too many times. Konerko needs to pipe down and be thankful that he is getting the at bats. Yes I know he's hitting .300+ since the all start break. But he's hitting 7th and sill grounding into many DPs.

Konerko 270 AB 16 Double Plays
Magglio 391 AB 15 Double Plays

LauraJ14
07-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Konerko is starting this junk about how he being on the bench has hurt him and that any other starting major leaguer would be given the opportunity to work his way out of a slump.
Where did you hear this from Konerko? I heard an interview with him yesterday and he made reference to his bench time but there was no complaining about it.

MisterB
07-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by soxfan45

:hitless
"You tell 'em, Paulie!"

TornLabrum
07-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by soxfan45
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Manuel fan but ya know, lets stop making excuses for these ballplayers....hitting the baseball with consistency doesn't have as much to do with where you are in the lineup as whether or not you are a good hitter.

I say B.S. to that. Ballplayer are getting BIG money to play this game and perform. If you cannot get it done, the team has to try something else. If we sit here and say that Konerko is where he is because he hasn't been getting conistent at bats, then perhaps Frank doesn't get out of his slump by playing 1st base. I mean look at Crede. He has played nearly every game at 3rd and hitting very marginally....the organization hasn't given up on him.

Pauly, Jose and the rest of the complainers can get set lineups if they hit over .235 and .216. I haven't seen Magglio out of the lineup too many times. Konerko needs to pipe down and be thankful that he is getting the at bats. Yes I know he's hitting .300+ since the all start break. But he's hitting 7th and sill grounding into many DPs.

Konerko 270 AB 16 Double Plays
Magglio 391 AB 15 Double Plays

Each place in the batting order has a definite role. A #1 hitter does something entirely different than a #7 hitter, for example. When a batter is being bounced all over the batting order (and as I recall, the article about White and Valentin mentioned that Jose has been used in at least four different spots in the batting order. This means four different ways of approaching the game as a hitter.

Hitting is about getting into a groove. How the hell can you get into a groove when your role is constantly changing, meaning the way you approach hitting is constantly changing?

I would also point out that when Jose said the same thing for the Windy City Sox fans about 10 days ago, he concluded by saying, "I like to know where I'm going to hit, but you just have to suck it up and do your job."

D'Angelo F Death
07-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah and apparently Konerko's role is to come up with a man on first and one out and roll one to the SS...Konerko's bitching too? This is just too much...