PDA

View Full Version : The sky is falling...

Kilroy
08-24-2001, 07:35 AM
I wish all of you could listen to the Score Sportsradio here in Chicago. All the Cub fan panic is a beautiful thing to hear.

One moron fan blamed the Cubs slide on McGriff for bringing Tampa Bay's losing attitude to the Cubs.

Cub hitting coach Jeff Pentland was quoted as saying that McGriff is struggling because he is having trouble getting used to playing in day games.

This stuff is too funny...

Paulwny
08-24-2001, 08:01 AM
Ah, "The sky is falling", memories of last year's panic. Kilroy, you were the only voice of reason last year while the rest of us panicked.

Kilroy
08-24-2001, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Ah, "The sky is falling", memories of last year's panic. Kilroy, you were the only voice of reason last year while the rest of us panicked.

Well, I usually stay pretty even. I hate emotional roller coasters. And while we had a bit of struggle in the second half, we never lost the lead.

The Cub sky IS falling, and falling hard. The crash back to earth is offically scheduled for Monday after the Cards are done spankin that Cub a$$ and they are firmly back in 3rd place.

voodoochile
08-24-2001, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I wish all of you could listen to the Score Sportsradio here in Chicago. All the Cub fan panic is a beautiful thing to hear.

One moron fan blamed the Cubs slide on McGriff for bringing Tampa Bay's losing attitude to the Cubs.

Cub hitting coach Jeff Pentland was quoted as saying that McGriff is struggling because he is having trouble getting used to playing in day games.

This stuff is too funny...

Maybe someone should write an article about the D-Rays factor...

:moron
"It's already in the works. My boys and Superman have been awesome for so many years and then this D-Rays factor you mention comes into play... Loser attitudes like that cannot be tolerated on any team, but it is much worse when it infects a focused driven squad like the flubbies have been throughout history. I hate the D-Rays. Oh yeah... Boomer is a fat pig and the Sox suck and Comiskey is a boring toilet and I LOVE SHAMMEEEEEE!!! SHAMME Where have you gone? Come back ShamME I love you shamMe. I need you ShamME! Have I mentioned I hate the Sox? ShamME rules... (skip) SHamME rules... (skip) ShamME rules... (skip)

(the morons head explodes and his writing actually improves...)

harwar
08-24-2001, 09:15 AM
I heard late last night that McGriff is "very homesick"and that he has changed his mind about coming to the cubs and wants to go back home to his family.Doesn't bode well for bub fans.I've run into this kind of mindset before.Some guys will go to sea thinking it will be great and they just get so homesick(the poor babies)that they can hardly think straight.We even had to helicopter a guy off once when he went nuts.Poor,poor cub fans.Maybe next year...

cheeses_h_rice
08-24-2001, 09:30 AM
I'm waiting for that day -- and I think it will be soon -- when McGriff starts getting booed at Wrigley. It'll all be over but the shouting after that happens.

And from reading various Flub fans' posts about "McWiff" and this latest fiasco (he doesn't hit well in day games -- gee, don't the Flubs play a few day games here and there?), I think it could even happen this weekend.

Fisk Fan
08-24-2001, 09:45 AM
I have partially lifted my ban on The Score so that I could hear some of these Flubs fans call in and whine. It has been great! McGriff this, and pitching that, yada yada yada!

BTW, check this guys boarding pass next year when he tries to get back on our ship!

:ass
What? I've been here all along!

Kilroy
08-24-2001, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
BTW, check this guys boarding pass next year when he tries to get back on our ship!

:ass
What? I've been here all along!

He tries to pull that and I will personally go to one of his public appearances and kick him in his hairy bean bag.

Iwritecode
08-24-2001, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I'm waiting for that day -- and I think it will be soon -- when McGriff starts getting booed at Wrigley. It'll all be over but the shouting after that happens.

And from reading various Flub fans' posts about "McWiff" and this latest fiasco (he doesn't hit well in day games -- gee, don't the Flubs play a few day games here and there?), I think it could even happen this weekend.

McWiff? I think I just had one of those at McDonald's the other day. It wasn't too bad but just doesn't compare to the food at WSI. Even though the fries get burnt every once in a while...

:)

voodoochile
08-24-2001, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

McWiff? I think I just had one of those at McDonald's the other day. It wasn't too bad but just doesn't compare to the food at WSI. Even though the fries get burnt every once in a while...

Yeah, and the coffee sucks...

The security guard is pretty cool though...

DuckSnort
08-24-2001, 12:18 PM
What's the numbers for 'the score'? I get chicago radio, and I wana hear the whining. :)

PaleHoseGeorge
08-24-2001, 12:46 PM
The Score is 670 am. That's the old WMAQ which served as the Sox flagship station for years. It's clear-air and cranks across nearly half the country at night.

Fortunately their biggest imbecile (Mike North) is on mid-days, thus minimizing the embarrassment of Chicagoans who know out-of-towners might be listening at night.

FarWestChicago
08-24-2001, 12:53 PM
The security guard is pretty cool though...

And he's back in the good ol' USofA.

Randar68
08-24-2001, 12:55 PM
Hey FWC, how ya holding up at work with the "11 commandments"??? LMAO!!!!

FarWestChicago
08-24-2001, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Hey FWC, how ya holding up at work with the "11 commandments"??? LMAO!!!!

I'm not sure what you mean?

Randar68
08-24-2001, 01:01 PM
Aren't you guys restructuring into 11 new units???

Foulke You
08-24-2001, 01:04 PM
It's quite amazing how North, who last year was the biggest Sox towel waver around has now taken up the Flubbie cause and slams the Sox left and right. His voice gets all giddy when he says "the Sox are done this year!". Once I heard him say that we're a joke! North even made a parody spoof of one of the Sox radio spots where the guy says that they "make memories, kid." This radio spot is rather lame and deserves to be made fun of but what irks me is that as lame as that radio spot is, it doesn't come close to being as lame and ridiculous as having Barney the frikkin dinosaur sing the 7th inning at a Cubs game and then hearing Dave Otto ask Barney what hat size he wears or Chip Carey ask what his favorite color is. If that doesn't deserve to be made fun of, I don't know what is!!

I've also enjoyed listening to the Cubbie fans leaping off the bandwagon left and right. They've also resumed the typical Cub fan tradition. Blaming the manager! "It's all Don Baylor's fault!!" It will be sweet when we leapfrog the Twinks into 2nd place and the Cubs fall into third. So much for the "magical" 2K1 Cubs season. Sox fans knew the Flubs were wolves in sheeps clothing. Getting pounded on by the Brewers on your home field and getting dazzled by Mac Suzuki isn't the makeup of a playoff team.

cheeses_h_rice
08-24-2001, 01:12 PM
I think all us baseball expert Sox fans who have been saying through thick and thin this season that the Flubbies would not last, that they were one pitcher's injury away from collapse (cf. Wood), and that the likes of Tavarez, Bere and Fassero were wayyyy overachieving, should all pat ourselves on the back for a job well done.

It hasn't been easy, this season, but in the end things tend to revert back to where they should be. And "third place Flubbies" sounds about right to these ears!

:knue

I think I'm gonna hurl!

Joel Perez
08-24-2001, 01:13 PM
Blaming "Day Games" for the cause of the Crime Dog's slump. Freakin' day games--hey, professional baseball players should get some sleep if they know that they HAD to play day games. What does this guy not realize if this is the case?

So, lemme get this straight: You play a doubleheader, then a night game, then come back to play a day game. What's so tiring about that??? I played baseball before, and unless you absolutely love the game, there's no excuse!!!

What a bunch of myopic retards, these Cub fans. What a bunch of panic-button pushers who love to blame a hitter first instead of their pitcher as the reason for the slump.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. .

FarWestChicago
08-24-2001, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Aren't you guys restructuring into 11 new units???

Oh, I saw some stuff in my piles of email this morning. I think my group is unaffected, but I'm not 100% sure. We restructured a few weeks ago and I think we are already in line with the new organizational matrix.

Randar68
08-24-2001, 01:18 PM
Oh, I saw some stuff in my piles of email this morning. I think my group is unaffected, but I'm not 100% sure. We restructured a few weeks ago and I think we are already in line with the new organizational matrix

Funny you use the word "Matrix" in all of that!!! LOL!!!

Cheryl
08-24-2001, 02:42 PM
Cubune article on how McGriff can't handle the pressure of playing day ball.

Morons.

CubKiller
08-24-2001, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure if anyone posted it yet...but here's the link to the article that's being mentioned (for those who haven't read it) about McGriff and the day games.

Very funny...

http://chicagosports.com/cubs/content/story/0,1984,160402,00.html

FarWestChicago
08-24-2001, 03:56 PM
:crimedog

Flub fans are so fickle. I used to be a guaranteed World Series ring.

CLR01
08-24-2001, 04:15 PM
Hey welcome back west, good thing you are back because there have been a couploe of threads in the clubhouse that belong in the parking lot, of course i had nothing to do with those either.

Jerry_Manuel
08-24-2001, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Hey welcome back west, good thing you are back because there have been a couploe of threads in the clubhouse that belong in the parking lot, of course i had nothing to do with those either.

Hey West!
Now CLR it says under your name that you are a moderator, can't you move topics from forum to forum?