PDA

View Full Version : Fox & AllStar Game Coverage....

Hangar18
07-28-2003, 10:28 AM
I know we talked about this somewhat recently.....but I want to bring it up again. Went to the game Fri Nite (obviously) and the Alohas gave me a copy of the AllStar Game they recorded on the
VCR. I was ABSOLUTELY APPALLED ..... by the FAKE CROWD NOISE that was Layered over the Crowd Noise. It was like watching those bad japanese movies, where the voices are changed with no regards to matching with what is going on on the Screen. As the players were announced....you could see
the different Expressions on their faces of SOMETHING GOING ON, EXCEPT the Viewer has no idea, because all you could here was the Canned Applause of what sounded like 20 people, not the 45,000 + people that were in the Stadium. There was no recording of the Emotion or Heightened sense of Urgency that was in the Stadium. Man im so glad i was there, instead of being subject to that INFORMERCIAL . How COuld Baseball MESS THAT UP? I dont understand MLB and FOX anymore.....RIDICULOUS. Ridiculous.

Hangar18
07-28-2003, 11:19 AM
now that ive VENTED about that.......this question may be
posed towards HSNterprize and Lipman. Is it possible
that theres REAL AUDIO available for this game......AUDIO
that wasnt sent over the "feed" ??

alohafri
07-28-2003, 01:27 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the "canned" applause. compared to the crowd noise at the game, the taped version (what people heard on TV) was totally different. But then, I expected the boos and all that being subdued for the TV audience.

I also taped Friday night's game (and I'm glad I got Frank's milestone on tape), and they show Hangar18 holding up his "400" sign. That scene was also replayed several times on TV over the weekend, as well as on the big screen at the game yesterday.

Henry, you can borrow Friday's game tape too--maybe someone you know can make a copy of it for you.

--Mrs. Aloha

Hangar18
07-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the "canned" applause. compared to the crowd noise at the game, the taped version (what people heard on TV) was totally different. But then, I expected the boos and all that being subdued for the TV audience.

I also taped Friday night's game (and I'm glad I got Frank's milestone on tape), and they show Hangar18 holding up his "400" sign. That scene was also replayed several times on TV over the weekend, as well as on the big screen at the game yesterday.

Henry, you can borrow Friday's game tape too--maybe someone you know can make a copy of it for you.

--Mrs. Aloha

One of my buddies is getting back to me if he can dub that
to another tape. Definitely want that on tape too!

Bisco Stu
07-29-2003, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't go that far. You can hear the booing for JM, the Flubs and the Twins on FOX, but it was definitely muted down and made more generic.

chisox06
07-29-2003, 12:46 AM
I hear ya, almost as bad as fox's glowing hockey puck expierement. With the red flame coming off after the shot, unbelievable.

Almways thought Fox would do something similar with baseball. maybe have fake fireworks off the bat when a ball is hit hard and show a little face with some screaming sound effects when it goes over the fence. or show a flame when a ball is thrown over 90 mph. Better not give em any ideas.

hose
07-29-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
now that ive VENTED about that.......this question may be
posed towards HSNterprize and Lipman. Is it possible
that theres REAL AUDIO available for this game......AUDIO
that wasnt sent over the "feed" ??

Hope you get a response , I posted a few times seeking info for a tape of the game.

Hangar18
07-29-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
I wouldn't go that far. You can hear the booing for JM, the Flubs and the Twins on FOX, but it was definitely muted down and made more generic.

My point is, (and how can FOX not realize this) is that you can hear the Muffled Roaring of Booing in the background....and on
top of that mild clapping. Lets try this for an experiment.
have 2 people standing next to each other. One person claps lightly, and the other BOOOS at the top of his lungs. I know what FOX will say...oh the crowd mike was next to the guy clapping. Sorry.....doestn work

MarqSox
07-29-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by chisox06
I hear ya, almost as bad as fox's glowing hockey puck expierement. With the red flame coming off after the shot, unbelievable.

Hockey was actually somewhat tolerable to watch when they had the glowing puck. Without it, I really can't stand to watch it for more than about 2 minutes -- though I really try to care about hockey. It's just too darn hard to follow the stupid thing.

Dadawg_77
07-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Hockey was actually somewhat tolerable to watch when they had the glowing puck. Without it, I really can't stand to watch it for more than about 2 minutes -- though I really try to care about hockey. It's just too darn hard to follow the stupid thing.

Get HDTV. Hockey and every other sports are truly amazing when watching it on HDTV.