PDA

View Full Version : Screw the Chicago Media

Fisk72
07-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Well, even the national media, too. I love how the Sun-Times had a huge pic of Scammy on today's cover and the headline how the Scrubs were "only 4 1/2 games back." Oh, nice to see a little blurb on the bottom, next to the Bears coverage, about Colon winning. Too bad they forgot to mention that 1.) have the better record, and 2.) are closer to first place than the Cubs. I know we had that earlier thread about the Sox competing with the Scrubs and the Bears now, but I just wanted to share a revelation with all of you. I could care less about how much the Chicago and nation media pay attention to the Scrubs. In the end, the Scrubs will break all of their mindless "fans'" hearts while the Sox come away with the championship. And I'll especially get a laugh out of all of the stores along north and south Michigan Avenue changing their Scrubs merchandise with Sox merchandise, while the Cubune Tower still has the loser Scrubs stuff in their giftshop window.

mandmandm
07-28-2003, 09:10 AM
Not that suprising but the Cubune now has a daily "Cub's Journal" in addition to the main game article, beat report, and normal Cub's Flub pieces. You would think that a team with a better record, fewer games out, and in second place would deserve a journal, but I am probably just a crazy Sox fan.

Dan H
07-28-2003, 11:30 AM
I just can't get upset about this anymore. It happens too much and will only lead me to heart problems. The Cubs are even slightly closer to fourth than to first. The picture of Sammy was about as offensive as it gets. Other than that, what can we all say? This is a normal thing for the media.

Brian26
07-28-2003, 11:33 AM
The Sun-Times even gets in on the act. The Red-Times had a huge article on the Cubs and Lofton yesterday, but the Sox got buried on the bottom in a little paragraph story. Unbelievable. Both the Streak and the Eye shun the Sox constantly.

Lip Man 1
07-28-2003, 12:42 PM
For you conspiracy theorists perhaps you should direct your anger at those who can make a difference.

Don't complain here, contact those papers and let them know.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Lip

Hangar18
07-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
For you conspiracy theorists perhaps you should direct your anger at those who can make a difference.

Don't complain here, contact those papers and let them know.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Lip

I just sent a note.....to the Times about how bad they look
Ignoring the sox like they do...and that People are WATCHING