PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox are not the "Sox"

A.T. Money
07-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Jon Miller, please stop calling the Red Sox, "The Sox". It's driving me crazy. I have to watch this Sunday Night game and listen to "Sox this" and "Sox that". It's so ignorant.

Hey Jon, if the Red Sox wanted to be called the "Sox", they would have put "Sox" on their uniforms or merchandise.

Anyone else getting tired of this crap? The fans and media pull this all the time, and it's getting annoying. We play second fiddle to a team that got their idea from us.

Gumshoe
07-27-2003, 08:22 PM
I've been talking about this for a long long time too. There isn't a uniform they have that says Sox. obviously, our hats and unis say it. I'm sick of it too. I've said to many people, "No, I'm a sox fan" (when they would ask if I'm a cub fan since I'm from Chicago) ... and they go, ohh .... "Red Sox?"

I get so pissed it's crazy. The Red Sox are just like the Cubbies, big time losers. Demon, i agree, WE are the only true

SOX

Gumshoe

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-27-2003, 09:04 PM
i agree, and if you ever talk to someone from the east coast, they're so arrogant they'll say that 'who cares if the white sox had sox only on their jersey, only the red sox matter' it's great coming from a fanbase who acts as if they've won as many world series championships as the yankees :angry:

adsit
07-27-2003, 09:36 PM
I'm in Massachusetts, and I agree with you, but I don't count. Here, "Sox" is (and as far as I've been able to tell, always has been) accepted on first reference for the denizens of 4 Yawkey Way. The only time they acknowledge there's another pair of "Sox" is when they play us.

I finally got used to it. In fact, I enjoy it when I see "Go Sox" or "Sox Rule" graffiti. And more than once, I've raised toasts to "the Sox," figuring if they feel no need to differentiate, neither do I. :D:

Dave