PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Know?

Lip Man 1
07-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Ken Williams e-mail address?

Perhaps we at WSI need to start hammering his in- box demanding that he acquire a reliable 5th starter (Jeff Suppan!) instead of letting slugs like Porzio, Wright and maybe Rauch blow our chances to win a division.

Thanks,

Lip

RKMeibalane
07-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Perhaps we at WSI need to start hammering his in- box demanding that he acquire a reliable 5th starter (Jeff Suppan!) instead of letting slugs like Porzio, Wright and maybe Rauch blow our chances to win a division.

Thanks,

Lip

I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday. Assuming that KW would actually take the time to read our emails, I think it would be a good idea to flood his inbox, so he'll get the message that guys like Wright and Porzio aren't going to cut it if the Sox want to win the division.

Brian26
07-27-2003, 02:03 PM
It's funny to come here and see posts like the two above.

Do you guys really think that Kenny doesn't already know this? I'm sure he's working the phone lines night and day. Nobody wants Porzio in the #5 slot.

Give KW a little credit. He got us Colon. He got Alomar and Everett. I'm sure he's working on the pitching situation.

duke of dorwood
07-27-2003, 02:05 PM
It might be

threeforone@gutthesystem.com

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 02:09 PM
or maybe suckerkenny@sellthefarm.net

guillen4life13
07-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
It might be

threeforone@gutthesystem.com

Originally posted by Unregistered
or maybe suckerkenny@sellthefarm.net

Y'all are wrong! :)

VeeckAsInWreck
07-27-2003, 02:50 PM
beanespawn@oaklandas.com

Lip Man 1
07-27-2003, 04:19 PM
Hey Brian:

if Kenny KNOWS this already they why the comments in the papers today about the Sox standing pat from Manager Gandhi?

Kenny needs to be REMINDED of what the fans want. In fact he might even take those e-mails over to his boss Uncle jerry to make sure that HE knows since ultimately he's the one calling the shots.

Lip

soxtalker
07-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Hey Brian:

if Kenny KNOWS this already they why the comments in the papers today about the Sox standing pat from Manager Gandhi?

Kenny needs to be REMINDED of what the fans want. In fact he might even take those e-mails over to his boss Uncle jerry to make sure that HE knows since ultimately he's the one calling the shots.

Lip

So, KW should be sent emails to remind him to be aggressive? I don't buy it! He's shown quite a bit of willingness to "take a risk" in his trades. And that has been true for the entire time he has been in the GM role. (I would question his judgement in several of the trades, but that's a slightly different debate.)

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the comments of JM. What else is he supposed to say -- "I really need my GM to pull off a trade for a 5th starter"? That puts his boss in a tough position, and it signals the other teams to drive up the asking price. And a lot of what KW can do depends on what everyone else is doing -- on both the buying and selling side.

Send your messages if it makes you feel better. But I bet that KW will pull the trigger regardless if he thinks that it gets him a better shot at the playoffs this year.

kermittheefrog
07-27-2003, 06:13 PM

Thanks,

Lip

Now everyone wants Suppan and no one remembers when people like me were advocating getting Suppan for nothing during free agency. If we give up anything of significance for Suppan it may be worth it in the short term but it's frustrating to see Kenny buy a guy at his peak value when he could have been had some other time for less.

chisoxt
07-27-2003, 06:21 PM
After the Everett deal where he gives up the #3 guy in or farm system and two others to get a gut we don't need, I am very apprehensive about Kenny going after a reliable anything.

doublem23
07-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
After the Everett deal where he gives up the #3 guy in or farm system and two others to get a gut we don't need, I am very apprehensive about Kenny going after a reliable anything.

And who starts in center field... Aaron Rowand? Ugh.... Not this again. At least Josh Paul is gone.

Yes, Webster was #3 but he was in A-ball... Lot can happen. And now we have a lot more polished outfielders in the system now. Webster was expendable. Get over it.

Daver
07-27-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt

Your kidding right?

Anthony Webster started playing his fourth year of organized baseball this year,he is a long way from playing MLB ball.

MarkEdward
07-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Now everyone wants Suppan and no one remembers when people like me were advocating getting Suppan for nothing during free agency. If we give up anything of significance for Suppan it may be worth it in the short term but it's frustrating to see Kenny buy a guy at his peak value when he could have been had some other time for less.

Kenny was banking on Danny Wright having a productive year, so I don't really blame him for not going after another starter last off-season.

Also, Williams may have thought Rauch would improve this year. Sadly, he hasn't.

Lip Man 1
07-27-2003, 09:55 PM
As fragile as pitchers are (especially Sox pitchers) to coin a phrase used by Pale Hose George today "you can NEVER have enough pitching."

Kenny should have loaded up. The Yankees have seven or eight starters and they have needed every one of them.

Lip

Brian26
07-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Now everyone wants Suppan and no one remembers when people like me were advocating getting Suppan for nothing during free agency.

Kerm-

FWIW, I remember you posting the Suppan suggestion 5 or 6 times back around the time of Soxfest.

It'd be nice to have that extra arm right now.

We'll see what happens...

kermittheefrog
07-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Kenny was banking on Danny Wright having a productive year, so I don't really blame him for not going after another starter last off-season.

Also, Williams may have thought Rauch would improve this year. Sadly, he hasn't.

Even before Danny Wright was injured we had just five healthy major league quality starting pitchers on our 40 man roster. That's simply not enough, you need a guy like Suppan as a backup plan. You can't bank on everyone being healthy because it never happens. We go into the season with Wright as the #4 guy, he gets injured before the season even starts and never pitches like he did last year. You have to plan for that kind of thing happening.

LuvSox
07-28-2003, 12:13 PM
BailMoney@MyKidsArePunks.com (http://www.thecubsuck.com)

doublem23
07-28-2003, 12:19 PM

Kenny should have loaded up. The Yankees have seven or eight starters and they have needed every one of them.

The Yankees also have money out the wazoo. Sorry; I can blame JR for a lot of things, but I can't blame him for not opening the checkbook for 7-8 starting pitchers.

I don't think anyone would have expected Wright to tank the way he did, and we are a team with limited money to use... May as well spend it wisely...

alohafri
07-28-2003, 12:32 PM
DoubleM--I've been meaning to tell you that I really enjoy your scammin' ShamME whiff-o-meter!!

--Mrs. Aloha