PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread - Sunday, 7-27 Vs. Tampa Bay

voodoochile
07-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Use this thread for all game related comments. All others will be deleted. The chat room is open.

Go Sox! 10 to go to shave Hawks head...

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
10 to go to shave Hawks head... How depressing...

Today's lineup:

Graffanino, 2B
Rowand, CF
Thomas, DH
Ordonez, RF
Lee, LF
Konerko, 1B
Crede, 3B
Valentin, SS
Olivo, C

Tinkering reigns supreme.

voodoochile
07-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
How depressing...

Today's lineup:

Graffanino, 2B
Rowand, CF
Thomas, DH
Ordonez, RF
Lee, LF
Konerko, 1B
Crede, 3B
Valentin, SS
Olivo, C

Well of course it does. The Sox have only been playing .920 since the ASG with a set lineup so SOMETHING needs to be done.

:jerry
"I want to take this opportunity to completely screw up our momentum. I figure if we can lose this series to the D-Rays, then Reinsy can have a firesale in another week and I then I can really start to tinker. Tomorrows a day off and that isn't NEARLY enough rest for guys who play such a strenuous game..."

RKMeibalane
07-27-2003, 12:55 PM
How depressing...

Today's lineup:

Graffanino, 2B
Rowand, CF
Thomas, DH
Ordonez, RF
Lee, LF
Konerko, 1B
Crede, 3B
Valentin, SS
Olivo, C

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

RKMeibalane
07-27-2003, 12:57 PM
And by the way...

:hurt ----------------------------------------------> http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/50x50/la.gif

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 12:58 PM
It's especially good that Lee has been moved around and Robbie Alomar is "resting" again, both having 10-game hitting streaks and all...
btw, with KC winning 3-0 in the 5th (a lead that they're probably not giving up to the Tigers), looks like we're playing to keep pace...

FJA
07-27-2003, 01:00 PM
How depressing...

Today's lineup:

Graffanino, 2B
Rowand, CF
Thomas, DH
Ordonez, RF
Lee, LF
Konerko, 1B
Crede, 3B
Valentin, SS
Olivo, C

I'm feeling particularly positive this morning, so I have to say at least Willie Harris isn't in the lineup.

"I thought about DHing Willie Harris, but I know how ornery people get at rainy baseball games. Don't worry; I don't want to use Gordon or Marte today, so maybe Willie can pitch the 8th."

RKMeibalane
07-27-2003, 01:00 PM
The Sox lose one game, and Jerry Manuel starts tinkering with the lineup again. The offense was not the reason they lost last night. Mike Porzio was. When is Manuel going to realize that he can't **** around with every little thing? Baseball is hard enough sport to play without "The Tinkerer" screwing around with the lineup every day.

:ohno

"We have the worst manager in the world."

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Uh-Oh... rain delay... Bartolo pitching... why am I getting that sinking feeling?

MisterB
07-27-2003, 01:04 PM
According to Manuel on the pregame, Robbie has a sore foot. Tinker's choice on Rowand, though.

kittle42
07-27-2003, 01:19 PM
Boy, you guys are brutal sometimes. I hate JM as much as the next Sox fan, but lots of managers play the "Sunday afternoon lineup" as my friend and I like to call it. You know, the lineup with the guys you hope you never have to see play. We're just used to seeing a different version of that lineup every day, unfortunately.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Boy, you guys are brutal sometimes. I hate JM as much as the next Sox fan, but lots of managers play the "Sunday afternoon lineup" as my friend and I like to call it. You know, the lineup with the guys you hope you never have to see play. We're just used to seeing a different version of that lineup every day, unfortunately.

That's fine, but JM used up all his Sunday afternoon lineups for the year in April, May and June.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
According to Manuel on the pregame, Robbie has a sore foot. Tinker's choice on Rowand, though.

I'm guessing that mysterious muscle soreness that prevents Manuel from playing Thomas at first base has now become contagious. It is spreading throughout the clubhouse!

What a lying sack of ****. He can't even come clean with us about his reasons for tinkering with everything.

"I have all this pent up energy after scribbling the same names on the line up card this past week. Gosh how I HATE winning streaks!!!"

duke of dorwood
07-27-2003, 01:46 PM

Now that the hair cutting pressure is over, I will tinker until my nose bleeds

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 02:06 PM
Caballo with the solo shot to extend his hitting streak to 11...

1-1
bottom 2

BearSox
07-27-2003, 02:21 PM
Is this Jose Valentins universal opposite from another dimension that we've been seeing as of late? His defense has been pretty darn good as of late making great plays, but his hitting just plain stinks! Its either a pop up or a strike out with him lately.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 02:30 PM
In other news, Cleveland just scored one in the bottom of the 9th against the Twins, to tie the game at two .

"Everyday" Eddie with a couple of walks and a throwing error to blow this one...

Nick@Nite
07-27-2003, 02:30 PM
KC up on Detriot 5-1, bottom of 9.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 02:36 PM
2nd and 3rd, 0 out.

C'mon, Paulie...

Fridaythe13thJason
07-27-2003, 02:38 PM
2nd and 3rd, 0 out.

C'mon, Paulie...

Your wish is granted. You have two more.

VeeckAsInWreck
Pauly is going to have a great second half! you can't get much worse than the 1st half

Unregistered
Awesome. Missed a homer by feet...

Carlos and Maggs scores.

4-1 Sox

Nick@Nite
07-27-2003, 02:39 PM
KC 5 - Detriot 1... final.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-27-2003, 02:40 PM
:takeittochat

anyone interested?

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 02:41 PM
A thought: Crede is such a gaping offensive hole in this lineup.

WhiteSox = Life
07-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Your wish is granted. You have two more.

I'll field these for Unregistered. :smile:

1. I become a trillionaire today

2. White Sox as World Series Champions till MLB folds

Yep, this is one of those posts that needs a color beyond deeppink.

:D:

VeeckAsInWreck
07-27-2003, 02:42 PM
A thought: Crede is such a gaping offensive hole in this lineup.

we need his defense though

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
I'll field these for Unregistered. :smile:

1. I become a trillionaire today

2. White Sox as World Series Champions till MLB folds

And with that, I'll appoint WhiteSox = Life as my official "wish" manager. :D:

Speaking of which, Dustin Mohr strikes out with runners on first and third to send the game to the bottom of the 10th, tied at 2.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Colon's making it look easy. Finally.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Colon's making it look easy. Finally.

He's got his rhythm going, let's just hope the weather doesn't mess it up for him

VeeckAsInWreck
07-27-2003, 03:01 PM
:hurt
"401 and counting!"

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 03:03 PM
The TB announcers spent the entire AB talking about how Frank might want to go to Texas or Baltimore to finish his career cause they're good hitters parks...

Frank then proceeds to hit a shot into the stands off the end of the bat.

6-1 SOX.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 03:11 PM
Defense or not, Crede is MISERABLE at the plate. Just pathetic. Buy that man a batting cage and DO NOT let him out.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-27-2003, 03:14 PM
FYI

Rocky Biddle just saved another game for the Expos

RKMeibalane
07-27-2003, 03:15 PM
The TB announcers spent the entire AB talking about how Frank might want to go to Texas or Baltimore to finish his career cause they're good hitters parks...

Frank then proceeds to hit a shot into the stands off the end of the bat.

6-1 SOX.

Baltimore is a possibility, but Texas already has a first baseman and a DH. If people are going to speculate on where Frank will be next season, they could at least incorporate logic into their discussion. Sheesh!

RKMeibalane
07-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Just imagine how well Frank would be hitting if he were at first base every day.

****ing idiot ---------------------------------------> :jerry

VeeckAsInWreck
07-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Man this is great! Remember back in 2001 when the Sox couldn't get a win on Sundays.

RKMeibalane
07-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Man this is great! Remember back in 2001 when the Sox couldn't get a win on Sundays.

Don't remind me.

RKMeibalane
07-27-2003, 03:43 PM
Joe Crede is hitting .205 at home. Good grief!

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 03:49 PM
Blech. The Indians are so pathetic. They have left runners on in scoring position with less than two outs for the last 3 innings. On to the 14th against the Twins... tied at 2.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Wow, Bizzaro Valentin is really flashing the leather today.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Rowand goes yard. Olivo scores. 9-1 SOX.

Twins/Indians go to the bottom of the 14th. Do it, Indians...

voodoochile
07-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Exactly WHY is Jerry taking Bartolo out? He's thrown 88 pitches. It's dumbass crap like this that just drives people nuts.

Fridaythe13thJason
What is going on? Anyone else hear the Ray's announcer before the break? I'm sure he'll get in trouble for that. He said "What is this garbage? Matching up with Crawford?"

Why would you pull Colon now? I might have pulled him after 7, but now?

MarqSox
LOL! I'm watching the D-Rays feed on MLB.TV ... as they went to break after Colon was pulled, one of the announcers, apparently thinking their mics were off, said:

"What is this garbage? They're matching up Crawford with an 8-run lead??"

Fridaythe13thJason
07-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
LOL! I'm watching the D-Rays feed on MLB.TV ... as they went to break after Colon was pulled, one of the announcers, apparently thinking their mics were off, said:

Beat ya to it?

MarqSox
07-27-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Beat ya to it?

Indeed. Lemme buy you one. :gulp:

FJA
07-27-2003, 04:07 PM

That is great ... remember, though, Manuel took a lot of heat in 2000 (I think that was the year; otherwise it was 2001) for never letting ANYONE throw a complete game.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 04:08 PM
btw, once again, a runner on 2nd and third with 2 outs for the Jndjans... let's see how they screw this one up...

Fridaythe13thJason
07-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by FJA
That is great ... remember, though, Manuel took a lot of heat in 2000 (I think that was the year; otherwise it was 2001) for never letting ANYONE throw a complete game.

Do Jerry and Lou not like each other or something?

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 04:11 PM
:twinslose
Woo hoo! Tim Laker with a bases loaded single wins the game for the Jndjans. Twinkies now 6 1/2 back.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 04:12 PM
:winner
Good win today.
I'll take 9 out of 10 anytime.

Corkinator
07-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Joe Magrane on the Rays broadcast also accused Wunch of loading the ball. He said Graff's relay into the stands was because of too much Vasoline.

Daver
07-27-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Corkinator
Joe Magrane on the Rays broadcast also accused Wunch of loading the ball. He said Graff's relay into the stands was because of too much Vasoline.

With Kelly's form if he used Vaseline on the ball he would be beaning the third base coach on a regular basis.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Corkinator
Joe Magrane on the Rays broadcast also accused Wunch of loading the ball. He said Graff's relay into the stands was because of too much Vasoline. I dont know if you call that an "accusation", he said it pretty jokingly. Either way, I've had more than my fill of Rays broadcasters for a while...

PaleHoseGeorge
07-27-2003, 04:46 PM

This is brilliant. Anyone who wants to accuse Sox Fans of being too negative towards the Tinkerer(er) ought to square their opinion with the announcers in the D-Rays booth.

The man is a joke.

"I did it just to out-manage Piniella... my bit of 'revenge' for the '00 ALDS. Bwahahahahaha!"

Corkinator
07-27-2003, 06:46 PM
I dont know if you call that an "accusation", he said it pretty jokingly. Either way, I've had more than my fill of Rays broadcasters for a while...

He didn't act offended, but I think he ment it. That's nothing compared to Lou on radio here on Friday. During the pre-game he was commenting on the Sox good home record, and said that he would watching for the spy in the scoreboard stealing the catcher's signs. He says the Sox have done it before and you never know if they still do it.

southsidegirl
07-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Awesome. Missed a homer by feet...

Carlos and Maggs scores.

4-1 Sox

if only the bat was corked...........*sigh*

WhiteSox = Life
07-27-2003, 11:03 PM
The White Sox won 9-1 today, and that's their exact record the last 10 games.

Now, I'm not one to put too much credence into signs, but this is the most irrefutable omen I have seen today that the White Sox are going to win the World Series this year!

:)

Jerko
07-28-2003, 08:39 AM
At LEAST 3 times this year, including yesterday and the 2-1 loss to the Cub, Manuel has pulled his pitcher AFTER he goes out to the mound between innings. Then as soon as the inning is about to start, here comes Bozo sauntering up the dugout stairs to make the change after the guy already threw his between innings warmup tosses. WHY DOES HE DO THIS? If he knew he was taking Colon out, he should have had the next pitcher run out with the team when they took the field for the beginning of the inning. What, is that his way to get on TV? Is nobody warming up in the bullpen (as usual) so they need more time? IS he trying to prove to us that he is still awake! That is asinine! I HATE THAT! IF your'e going to pull the guy DON'T LET HIM RUN OUT THERE BETWEEN INNINGS AND THEN WAIT TILL THE INNING IS ABOUT TO START TO PULL HIM! I hate to bitch with a 9-1 streak going, but I am convinced that without this clown we'd be further ahead right now than the Royals are.