PDA

View Full Version : Rick White is horrible

ChiSox14305635
07-26-2003, 09:42 PM
This guy would be by far the worst member of the bullpen, if not for Koch. Both times the Sox put runs on the board, this clown gave runs right back to Tampa Bay. After a beautiful 5th inning where the Sox fight back to tie it, he gives up 4 runs. I miss Sean Lowe.

ihatethecubs
07-26-2003, 10:06 PM
god i really hate those two guys, koch and white. i feel sick to my stomach every time i see a bald guy with a goatee jog in from the bullpen. i cant stand these morons... i cant even put into words how much they piss me off.

HawkDJ
07-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
god i really hate those two guys, koch and white. i feel sick to my stomach every time i see a bald guy with a goatee jog in from the bullpen. i cant stand these morons... i cant even put into words how much they piss me off.

You miss Sean Lowe? He hasn't exactly been lights out either. He has a 5.27 ERA for the Royals. Meanwhile, Rick White's ERA from May 30 until yesterday was 2.49.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-26-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
You miss Sean Lowe? He hasn't exactly been lights out either. He has a 5.27 ERA for the Royals. Meanwhile, Rick White's ERA from May 30 until yesterday was 2.49.

i think chisox was talking about sean lowe when he was with the sox. he was a good guy when he was here, just unfortanate kw alienated him and then dealt him.

WhiteSox = Life
07-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Rick White has pitched quite well for a long time. He can be a solid bullpen guy and is a good option out of the bullpen for 6th/7th inning.

Like all pitchers, he can get roughed up a little and tonight he was roughed up pretty well. I think the main reason everyone is upset at him is because he gave up the 4 runs right after the Sox tied it up again. Plus, he was the victim of a Jerry Manuel no-call... Although a lot of people have had that happen to them on this team.

Overall, I think White can be a solid bullpen guy and I think is a good player to have. Is he what the White Sox need? I don't know. Any good bullpen relief is welcome and if he continues to pitch well, I think his presence is fine. If he starts getting roughed up some more, I'll rethink that. For now, though, he's pitched well and should get the benefit of the doubt as he just did not have it tonight.

Thunderstruck30
07-27-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ

Sean Lowe is on the Royals? What happened with Pittsburgh?

MHOUSE
07-27-2003, 12:25 AM
Rick White was godawful to start the season, but he has been really good lately. In the long run he'll get his ERA in the 4-5 range and be an ok mop-up guy. A good veteran to have, but he does suck real bad sometimes and today was one time. But would u rather let him take one for the team? or waste Gordon and/or Marte on a win over Tampa? I'll take a loss if Porzio, White, and Glover can eat the innings.

doublem23
07-27-2003, 12:27 AM
Man, White was serving some cantaloupes out there tonight. He got hit hard... often.

Huisj
07-27-2003, 01:57 AM
That game pissed me off. Me and 4 friends of mine crammed into my focus hatchback and drove 180 miles to see the game, and then we have to witness the sox throwing all of their worst pitchers out there. porzio was crap, and then white stays in way too long and blows it after the sox work hard to tie it up, and then koch comes in and just is throwing 89 mph balls all over the place.

ncfan
07-27-2003, 08:41 AM
Porzio should have never been allowed to go the four innings
that he did. You could see from the start he did not have it.
Rick White is only good when pitching to select batters, but
not for more then one, or half an inning. Koch is just plain horrible.
Gary Glover should of been allowed to start last nights unfortunate mis-managed game.

seventytwo
07-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Actually, this was on Rip Van Manuel. White has never been good for more than 1, maybe 2 innings. When he got sent out for a third inning last night---I knew it was trouble.

Porzio shares in the blame, because we needed to have at least 6 innings out of him last night---but he blows.

RKMeibalane
07-27-2003, 10:53 AM
Don't blame White for what happened. He has done a nice job since the beginning of June. He just didn't have it last night. The people I blame are Mike Porzio and Jerry Manuel. Porzio gave up four runs early, and Manuel sent White out there for a third inning of work, when everyone knew it was a bad idea.

****ing idiot ------------------------------------------> :jerry