PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread - Saturday, 7-26 Vs. Tampa Bay

voodoochile
07-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Use this thead for all game related comments. All others will be deleted. The chat room is open.

Go Sox! Shave Hawks head!

HawkDJ
07-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Tonight's lineup:

2b- Alomar
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
CF- Everett
1b- Daubach
SS- Valentin
3b- Crede
C- Alomar Jr

duke of dorwood
07-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Would like to see Frank at first, after the 400th would be nice

RKMeibalane
07-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Would like to see Frank at first, after the 400th would be nice

I know what you mean. Manuel still hasn't explained why he put Frank back at DH. I can just hear him trying to justify the move...

:jerry

"Given that we've had so many problems on defense, I thought it would be better to give Daubach the start at first, because he adds a whole new dimension to our ballclub. His defense gives us a lot of advantages that we otherwise would not have."

Brian26
07-26-2003, 05:46 PM
It's hard to argue that Frank isn't knocking the cover off the ball right now, and he's been back at DH for almost a month.

As long as the team continues to play great baseball, no complaints from me....

fquaye149
07-26-2003, 05:59 PM
actually frank's kind of been floundering
his avg. dropped from 290 to about 270

Fridaythe13thJason
07-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Porzio is ruining my fun.

RKMeibalane
07-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Mike Porzio, you suck! It's 3-0 D-Rays.

RKMeibalane
07-26-2003, 06:42 PM
Fire Jerry Manuel! This team sucks. They looked like they were finally playing up to their potential, and now they're turning in a performance like this. Good grief! LOL!

Seriously, Mike Porzio sucks.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2003, 06:56 PM
I think this would be a good time to remind everyone that we had a heated debate on this board last winter about whether it was a smart move to pick up unsigned free agent Kenny Rogers for cheap. My position, shared by others, was that you can never have enough pitching and Rogers was cheap insurance in case anybody got hurt or underperformed. I specifically noted that getting Rogers was an upgrade over Mike Porzio who would be pushed off the team.

Danny Wright bombed and look who is pitching for the Sox.

There were quite a few others who said getting another starter would hurt the team because guys like Jon Rauch should be the #5.

So I guess I can sum up my entire post by saying, "Told you so."

:smile:

gosox3072
07-26-2003, 06:58 PM
Porzio is out, White is in. I dont like where this is going, we'd better not use marte or gordon today. Id like to see them rested. This is a good game to get gary glover some work

Fridaythe13thJason
07-26-2003, 07:19 PM
KC and Minney are getting womped so far, so this would be a terrific game to win.

Viva Magglio
07-26-2003, 07:21 PM
We are playing with our heads up our arses tonight.

Viva Magglio
07-26-2003, 07:30 PM
We're back in it...if we can keep TB from scoring when they're batting.

humansushi
07-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Nice!!! 3-Run Shot!!!!!

gosox3072
07-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Sandy GAAAAAAAT it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5-4 now

SHAVE HAWKS HEAD!!!!

humansushi
07-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Great clutch hitting by Maggs!!!

lowesox
07-26-2003, 07:46 PM
I don't think White has it today. LEt's try somebody else.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Jeff Suppan anyone? (or would you feel more comfortable with Porzio or Wright making those ten starts out of the 5th starter spot?)

Lip

Viva Magglio
07-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Are we throwing this game??? :angry:

Viva Magglio
07-26-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I don't think White has it today. LEt's try somebody else.

I realize he's trying to save Gordon & Marte for Kansas City, but Manuel left White in way too long.

WinningUgly!
07-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Are we throwing this game??? :angry:

It sure as hell looks like it! Why the hell is Wreck White pitching to Aubrey Huff with 1st base open? Hello!!!!

voodoochile
07-26-2003, 07:58 PM
This 6th inning has really really sucked. Get back into it like that and then pssssshhhhh.... just let all that air out of the balloon.

Well, the Sox have come back from 4 runs down once in this game anyone for twice?

Gumshoe
07-26-2003, 07:59 PM
I called for Glover right after he got that loop caught by Alomar ... JM WAY TOO LATE on yanking White .... you could see he didn't really have it.

One pitch, one out. Glover should have been in there before hte last 3 runs. DAmn. Now we have to come back again from 4 down. SHEESH.

G

ps- anyone notice how deep Everett plays but looked like he was limping on that fly to Center?

voodoochile
07-26-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
It sure as hell looks like it! Why the hell is Wreck White pitching to Aubrey Huff with 1st base open? Hello!!!!

Yeah, Hawk was even talking about it. They both thought it would be an "un"intentional walk. Hawk has to shave his head if the Sox win today and tomorrow and he still wants to win.

I mean, honestly, *** is Manuel thinking...

"just trying to get Rick White some confidence by letting him pitch out of a jam or two or three..."

WinningUgly!
07-26-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
This 6th inning has really really sucked. Get back into it like that and then pssssshhhhh.... just let all that air out of the balloon.

Well, the Sox have come back from 4 runs down once in this game anyone for twice?

This game is far from over.

lowesox
07-26-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm irate. Who knows how much Jerry Manuel's stupidity is going to cost us. Here Minne and KC are both going to lose today, and we climb back from down 4 runs against a terrible team and he leaves Rick White in with the bases loaded and one out - when it was so obvious White doesn't have it today (see my post above).

I would have rather had Glover, Wunsch even Koch in that situation. Jerry Manuel has never been dumber than he was right there. And we should have been within 3 games.

Let's hope this won't be the moment we look back on at the end of the season.

RichH55
07-26-2003, 08:02 PM
How important is that play that Jose made deep in the hole now? Almost turned two on it, but getting that out at first was clutch

Jose boots too many balls, but few SS can make a play that deep in the hole and then make the throw

lowesox
07-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Why did we have Konerko lead off this inning? So he can get on board and provide us with blazing speed? Or so that he can hit a homerun and bring us within 3? Neither seem to make any sense at all.

I'm starting to think we have the worst manager in baseball.

hempsox
07-26-2003, 08:19 PM

"I resemble that comment."

Gumshoe
07-26-2003, 08:20 PM
He's brutal with the pen. It goes to show you how we will hit if he just leaves the lineup and is patient. I am still wondering what Everett has done ... do you guys think he was worth it?

Well, we're still in it.

Gumshoe

voodoochile
07-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
He's brutal with the pen. It goes to show you how we will hit if he just leaves the lineup and is patient. I am still wondering what Everett has done ... do you guys think he was worth it?

Well, we're still in it.

Gumshoe

Didn't Everett drive in some pretty big runs this last week?

voodoochile
07-26-2003, 08:29 PM
They just showed a shot from the mobile cameraman who was behind the counter of a souveneir stand. He is waving around one of those beanybaby bear in a sox uniform. He gives it to some 9-10 YO boy who looked at it like it was poison. Too funny...

voodoochile
07-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Whoa... The D-Rays make a baserunning mistake and Billy Koch does NOT give up a run? In the same inning? Is it a sign?

WhiteSox = Life
07-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Whoa... The D-Rays make a baserunning mistake and Billy Koch does NOT give up a run? In the same inning? Is it a sign?

Nothing to do but wait and see...

WhiteSox = Life
07-26-2003, 08:51 PM
First and second, no out.

Three outs later, the runners on first and second head back to the dugout.

:angry:

balboner
07-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Joe Crede=Incredible disappointment. Hey Joe, at least look like you want to be playing!

White_Sock
07-26-2003, 09:00 PM
Billy is killin me - fastball - no movement - lead off double and a walk - watching this game is severely aging me in a bad way

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-26-2003, 09:02 PM
i think the throwing comment is right, how can a major league pitcher be this bad?!?!?!

voodoochile
07-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by White_Sock
Billy is killin me - fastball - no movement - lead off double and a walk - watching this game is severely aging me in a bad way

:bkoch:
"Well, you know I tried to give up the insurance run in the 8th, but those dumbass D-Rays ran themselves out of the inning. I had to come back and do it all over again in the ninth. Just trying to seal the win..."

WhiteSox = Life
07-26-2003, 09:15 PM
The streak has ended. What a way to do it, too.

:hawk
"I'd like to say that my hair is safe, but this kind of performance from Porzio and White made the rest of my hair fall out."

White_Sock
07-26-2003, 09:19 PM
While we have some of the best pitchers in baseball, we also have a game's worth of the absolute crappiest slingers to ever set foot on the mound. Why do our good pitchers have to get tired!? Today we saw the 7th layer of pitching hell. I guess it had to happen sometime.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2003, 09:23 PM
They scored six runs. That ought to be enough to win the ballgame. In spite of Porzio's horrible performance, the Sox managed to tie it up 5-5. Then White and Koch spun their magic . Oh, brother...

flo-B-flo
07-26-2003, 09:24 PM
All good things come to an end. The bad part is kc and the twinkies lost. No way they can lose 2 of 3 to the 'rays again. Can they?? Get em tomorrow. GO SOX!! :gulp:

adsit
07-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Can someone run Mike Porzio over to the Greyhound station... he might miss the bus to Charlotte.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2003, 09:38 PM
White has pitched very well the past two months, he just didn't have it today.

What disappointing is of course the chance to gain ground on K.C. which can become an issue starting next Tuesday and the fact that the Sox simply can NOT afford to lose ANY more games to "so called" bad teams. They don't have that luxury anymore. In fact they have lost far too many already to those type teams.

Very frustrating effort tonight.

And it reinforces the need for another competent starter something Wright, Porzio and Rauch aren't. It would be just like the Sox to come up short because they refused to go the distance and fill ALL of their needs.

Lip

Jerko
07-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Why did we have Konerko lead off this inning? So he can get on board and provide us with blazing speed? Or so that he can hit a homerun and bring us within 3? Neither seem to make any sense at all.

Starting?