PDA

View Full Version : 400 for Frank Thomas

LuvSox
07-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Congratulations Frank!

A.T. Money
07-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Right on. I was hoping it would happen on Sat, because then I could be there for it. But I'm glad I saw it on TV, and here's hoping that Frank gets one more closer to 500 tomorrow. :gulp:

TheKYSoxfan
07-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Here's to 400 more.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-25-2003, 10:53 PM
alright hurt. you are the man in chicago.

400 cork free homers.

fuzzy_patters
07-25-2003, 11:40 PM
This is why Frank sucks. He could have hit the homer any other day this week, but instead he hits it when I'm not home. What a bunch of crap.

Thunderstruck30
07-25-2003, 11:40 PM
After Carlos hit that bomb, I knew Frank would come up and hit number 400. Congrats Frank!!!

1951Campbell
07-25-2003, 11:43 PM
Frank, you're the greatest hitter of my generation. Here's to many more.

:gulp:

sox_fan_forever
07-25-2003, 11:49 PM
That pic is now on my desktop! Congrats to Big Frank. I wish I hadn't missed it. (Work again, but that's a good thing considering they once again are above .500 when I am at work. :D: )

Soxfan7070
07-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Congrats Frank! I was very lucky to be at the game and witness the event! Here's to many more HRs to come! :gulp:

voodoochile
07-26-2003, 12:11 AM
That was a blast to witness. One more biscuit for the big man's breakfast, and that ball might have been mine. I was about 20 feet from it and also from Hangar18. my jersey shows up in some of those TV shots, or at least the bottom of it. The guy in front of me was very visible.

It was cool that the people who got the ball gave it back and Frank sent out an autographed bat for them to take home.

Heck, even the post game show was pretty cool...

Way to go, Frank. You're the greatest hitter this city has ever seen...

Boozer
07-26-2003, 12:16 AM
Congrats to Frank, & thankfully I was also there to witness it. What a wonderful site to see. :gulp:

Konerkoholic
07-26-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
alright hurt. you are the man in chicago.

400 cork free homers.
That would make an awesome sign. Too bad we don't have another Cubs series, in order to hold up that sign and also in order to beat them again.

doublem23
07-26-2003, 01:34 AM
Not that this is a surprise to anyone, but if you missed it, you can see it on the official site (whitesox.com), but you need to get the RealOne Player upgrade (although it is free). Small price to pay, IMO, to see a piece of franchise history (even if it is a tad late. :smile: )

DrCrawdad
07-26-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
After Carlos hit that bomb, I knew Frank would come up and hit number 400. Congrats Frank!!!

Congratulations to the kid who made the catch on Carlos Lee's HR. The kid was seated two rows behind DrCrawdad's crew.

Awesome catch kid, whomever you are.

NewyorkSoxFan
07-26-2003, 06:29 AM
Congrats Frank, You deserve it. You have taken alot of crap, from me included but you are the MAN!!!!

NYSF :)

LuvSox
07-26-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
That pic is now on my desktop! Congrats to Big Frank. I wish I hadn't missed it. (Work again, but that's a good thing considering they once again are above .500 when I am at work. :D: )

Go work some overtime :D:

Hangar18
07-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Yeah....as soon as he hit it.....I put my 400 sign up IMMEDIATELY........that ball was in my row......about 20 feet
to my lef!!!! (and just out of reach of Voodoo, wow was he close to it...) the kid dropped it....then there was a scrum....
and next thing ....the ball rolls down 4 rows to this chick and
she gets the ball. oh well. The sox took the ball and gave
her a Thomas Signed Bat. Only minutes later...my phone
rang off the hook, everyone saw my 400 sign on TV, on the news, on SportsCenter, also on ESPN News......awesome being a
celebrity for 30 minutes heh heh

RKMeibalane
07-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Yeah....as soon as he hit it.....I put my 400 sign up IMMEDIATELY........that ball was in my row......about 20 feet
to my lef!!!! (and just out of reach of Voodoo, wow was he close to it...) the kid dropped it....then there was a scrum....
rang off the hook, everyone saw my 400 sign on TV, on the news, on SportsCenter, also on ESPN News......awesome being a

I think I saw you. Were you wearing a black Sox jersey?

maff
07-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Congrats Big Frank, the best hitter I've ever seen and the man who will lead us to the Promiseland.

Hangar18
07-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I think I saw you. Were you wearing a black Sox jersey?

YUP. that was me. Im at work right now, only like 6 of us
here, and 3 of my coworkers saw me on ESPN too. Pretty
Cool..... people are still calling me about this. I have to get
home and see myself. Someone said i was on the "did you know" segment too. Ive got Wilkes beat by far now :gulp:

JRIG
07-26-2003, 11:10 AM
I'll be at the game tonight. We need to give Frank a HUGE standing ovation for his first at-bat. Saturday fireworks, so hopefully 30,000+ at the ballpark.

cheeses_h_rice
07-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Hangar, I saw you about 5 times on various broadcasts last night. I missed the actual home run live, so I was flipping through the channels v. quickly trying to catch as much of the highlights as I could.

Well done!

:gulp:

whitesoxwilkes
07-26-2003, 11:21 AM
YUP. that was me. Im at work right now, only like 6 of us
here, and 3 of my coworkers saw me on ESPN too. Pretty
Cool..... people are still calling me about this. I have to get
home and see myself. Someone said i was on the "did you know" segment too. Ive got Wilkes beat by far now :gulp:

Ha ha ha ha ha!

delben91
07-26-2003, 12:31 PM
I missed Frank's shot, but congrats to the Big Hurt. My favorite player and the best hitter the Sox have ever had!

Here's to you Frank! :gulp:

dllrbll7
07-26-2003, 04:46 PM

Ya hanger u were on the scoreboard forever too. Congrats on the five min of fame

WinningUgly!
07-27-2003, 08:09 PM
I posted some wallpaper in the WSI Photo Gallery, honoring Big Frank's 400 HR milestone.

Linky! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=15)

Daver
07-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I posted some wallpaper in the WSI Photo Gallery, honoring Big Frank's 400 HR milestone.

Great stuff WU,you continue to earn that paycheck with nothing but 0's on it.

On behalf of all of us at WSI,thanx for all you do to add to this site,it is what makes this what I feel is the best fan site on the net.

WinningUgly!
07-27-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by daver
Great stuff WU,you continue to earn that paycheck with nothing but 0's on it.

On behalf of all of us at WSI,thanx for all you do to add to this site,it is what makes this what I feel is the best fan site on the net.

Thanks Daver! :gulp:

I noticed a few extra zeros on this week's check. http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/gene.gif

cheeses_h_rice
07-27-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Link doesn't work...

WinningUgly!
07-27-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Link doesn't work...

It should work. If not, try the "Community" tab on the menu at the top of this page & select "WSI Photo Gallery". Then go to "Sox Wallpapers".