PDA

View Full Version : some guy threw beer on rocco baldelli

fquaye149
07-25-2003, 09:38 PM

RKMeibalane
07-25-2003, 09:42 PM
This is all we need. Now, the media will start complaining about how the 'Cell isn't a safe place to play, and all that crap. Why can't people behave themselves?

LuvSox
07-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Waaaaaaa :whiner:. IF Al Smith were still alive, he'd tell you about the beer!

WhiteSoxWinner
07-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Oh boy, just wait until the media gets on this incident, too. Here is my prediction.

:boston

Welcome to Baseball Tonight. Let's take you out to US Cellular Field. Another fan incident in a long string of bad behavior for White Sox fans. Rocco Baldelli was viciously attacked by a fan with a beer. Just a shame when fans can't behave themselves. Let's go to the highlights. The D-Rays in the seventh get a two run homer from Toby Hall (highlight shown), but it wasn't enough as they fell to the Sox 7-2.

(Note: No mention of any homers by the Sox. No mention of the streak. Maybe they give Thomas a quick shout during the list of home runs on the night, but they don't show it.)

ChiSox14305635
07-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Oh boy, just wait until the media gets on this incident, too. Here is my prediction.

:boston

Welcome to Baseball Tonight. Let's take you out to US Cellular Field. Another fan incident in a long string of bad behavior for White Sox fans. Rocco Baldelli was viciously attacked by a fan with a beer. Just a shame when fans can't behave themselves. Let's go to the highlights. The D-Rays in the seventh get a two run homer from Toby Hall (highlight shown), but it wasn't enough as they fell to the Sox 7-2.

(Note: No mention of any homers by the Sox. No mention of the streak. Maybe they give Thomas a quick shout during the list of home runs on the night, but they don't show it.)

So true. Fortunately, none of the clowns were on tonight. Dibbs said the guy was an idiot and deserved to be kicked out. There. Short and sweet. Straight to the point. Next story.

A.T. Money
07-25-2003, 10:46 PM
This is terrible. Why does this crap keep happening? Horrible.

Thunderstruck30
07-25-2003, 11:44 PM
I remember watching a Cub game last year when a fan threw a beer at the opposing teams outfielder after he made a catch at the warning track. Is that what happened when Pinella came out and talked to the umpires?

gosox41
07-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
So true. Fortunately, none of the clowns were on tonight. Dibbs said the guy was an idiot and deserved to be kicked out. There. Short and sweet. Straight to the point. Next story.

Still no mention of an 8 game winning streak or anything else good with the team other then Frank's homer. Typical BBTN.

Bob

MisterB
07-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Of course, now ESPN is making a point of showing the beer toss every time they show Frank's homer, basically saying "A great milestone for Thomas, but Sox fans are still violent idiots." :angry:

siugrad25
07-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Although it did happen at home, I find this part of the Associated Press story interesting... Seems the Cubbie faithful ain't so angelic after all...
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230725104

The game was delayed for about three minutes in the fifth inning -- shortly after Thomas' home run -- when a fan poured beer on Tampa Bay center fielder Rocco Baldelli's back and the side of his head.

A fan also attempted to pour beer on him at Wrigley Field earlier in the season.

"Normally, fans will do stuff and you let it go, but it's the principle of it -- it's just rude," Baldelli said. "At Wrigley they missed, but this time I got flushed."

Soxfan7070
07-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Not only was there a beer thrown on the field, but Toby Hall's HR ball was thrown back too! I think some "Sox Fans" got their North/South directions mixed up... totally unacceptable! :angry:

Konerkoholic
07-26-2003, 12:32 AM
The beer guy's a drunken moron, but did anyone else catch the camera scanning the crowd shortly after the incident? There was this guy right in the middle of the screen, and he gave the camera the finger. The camera quickly panned to the left and then cut to a different view. I thought that was pretty funny. The beer guy, though, is so stupid he doesn't realize that what he did makes real fans look even worse now. Bastard.

npdempse
07-26-2003, 12:57 AM
That jackhole was flipping off Baldelli, the umps, Piniella, whoever for about 5 minutes straight while play was suspended. And he wasn't even the moron with the beer.

The nimrods were out in major droves tonight, at least near the bleachers. Waaay too much drinking being done by lightweights. The guy 3 rows back of us was puking in his seat. Some other idiot was so drunk that he had basically lost the ability to talk and was kind of groaning into his cell phone before security took him away. And the doofus who wanted to start the wave.

Sucky night at the park, taking the shine of Frank's 400th and 8th in a row.

WinningUgly!
07-26-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Soxfan7070
Not only was there a beer thrown on the field, but Toby Hall's HR ball was thrown back too! I think some "Sox Fans" got their North/South directions mixed up... totally unacceptable! :angry:

Any idiot who throws a HR ball back on the field at a Sox game, better hope like hell I'm not sitting next to him. I'd throw their stupid ass right down on the field with it! :angry:

Blueprint1
07-26-2003, 01:04 AM
yeah there were alot of non-baseball fans out. typical friday game at any ballpark.

voodoochile
07-26-2003, 01:24 AM
I was wondering what all the fuss was about. Security kept coming out and the umps were involved. I thought someone had interfered with Everett's GR-2B, or they were asking the LF if he had touched the ball while diving at it (which would have made it a HR, I believe).

People were encouraging the guy to throw the ball back and I was yelling, "throw it to me." (Thanks for a great idea, Randar).

When the guy threw it back, and the hoopla died down, i let out a good loud yell, "THIS ISN'T WRIGLEY! WE DON'T THROW THEM BACK!"

No idea who heard me, but the guy in front of me (who had been encouraging the guy to throw it back) suddenly stopped talking to me. The 13 YO girl to my left seemed a bit frightened. Oh well...

Dumbasses.

The wave failed and Frank got two standing O's it wasn't all bad...

doublem23
07-26-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by siugrad25
Although it did happen at home, I find this part of the Associated Press story interesting... Seems the Cubbie faithful ain't so angelic after all...
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230725104

The game was delayed for about three minutes in the fifth inning -- shortly after Thomas' home run -- when a fan poured beer on Tampa Bay center fielder Rocco Baldelli's back and the side of his head.

A fan also attempted to pour beer on him at Wrigley Field earlier in the season.

"Normally, fans will do stuff and you let it go, but it's the principle of it -- it's just rude," Baldelli said. "At Wrigley they missed, but this time I got flushed."

If nothing else can be said about Sox fans... We have better aim. :gulp:

WinningUgly!
07-26-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
If nothing else can be said about Sox fans... We have better aim. :gulp:

LOL! And better taste in teams. :gulp:

Irishsox1
07-26-2003, 01:32 AM
The guy who dumped the beer was a Cubs fan....no doubt about it!!!

Maybe this guy did it!!! Floppy Hat dude strikes back!!!

doublem23
07-26-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
LOL! And better taste in teams. :gulp:

Well that's a given. :cool:

manuelsucks
07-26-2003, 05:01 PM
Of course the media is going to make a big deal out of the something that happens to a visiting player after what happened with KC. It's just a real shame that a few stupid jacka$$es have to make the rest of the fans look bad.

ChiSox14305635
07-26-2003, 10:16 PM
Any idiot stupid enough to throw beer at a player, home or visiting , should be forced to take batting practice blindfolded and have his choice of either getting thrown to by Colon or Koch, (preferably Koch, that way the dumbass would've learned his lesson).

RedPinStripes
07-26-2003, 10:47 PM
I dont have a problem with someone dumping beer on an oposing player. I DO have a problem with the idiot that would waste a 4.75 beer though! Throw water on him!!! what an ass clown. :gulp:

Konerkoholic
07-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
Any idiot stupid enough to throw beer at a player, home or visiting , should be forced to take batting practice blindfolded and have his choice of either getting thrown to by Colon or Koch, (preferably Koch, that way the dumbass would've learned his lesson).
Hell, if Koch throws to the beer guy, he probably hits a home run.

Jerko
07-28-2003, 10:04 AM
I hate to say this, but until the REAL baseball fans start coming back to the park, we will be stuck with the wave, homerun ball throwback, puking fans, beer throwers, and field runner onners. I was there Sunday and it rained a little, so we went up to the Stadium Club. I guaran-damn-tee that half of those people did not belong up there. My buddies were wondering why it was so crowded (it's usually a very nice place to hang out for a few innings) and I told them "too many non-baseball fans are here". You can TELL! They must have gotten passes from thier friends and took over the damn stadium club! I never saw it so bad and I was up there for the ALL STAR game! I said "you know what, let's go stand in the rain, it's more comfortable than being up here with 1000 yupsters who are out just to be out and did not even know where they were". Jags. I know it's a free country and all but if you go somewhere where you are not a regular, at least act like you've been out in public before. THOSE are the people giving Sox fans a bad name, not us.