PDA

View Full Version : bbtn - gives frank some face time

fquaye149
07-25-2003, 10:36 PM
basically rob dibble went on for 5 minutes about how great a ballplayer frank thomas is.

he said, and i quote, "if this guys doesn't make the hall first ballot, i don't know anything about baseball"

he said frank is one of the greatest hitters he's ever played with and said one of the most likeable guys he's met as well.

then the other guy said he might not make the hall because writers think that he's not a personable guy.

dibble says that that's the exact reason sportswriters shouldn't vote(my addition to this point: when williams didn't win the mvp award over dimaggio because of personal feelings from a boston sportswriter) and that frank deserves to be in the hall without a doubt

RKMeibalane
07-25-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
basically rob dibble went on for 5 minutes about how great a ballplayer frank thomas is.

he said, and i quote, "if this guys doesn't make the hall first ballot, i don't know anything about baseball"

he said frank is one of the greatest hitters he's ever played with and said one of the most likeable guys he's met as well.

then the other guy said he might not make the hall because writers think that he's not a personable guy.

dibble says that that's the exact reason sportswriters shouldn't vote(my addition to this point: when williams didn't win the mvp award over dimaggio because of personal feelings from a boston sportswriter) and that frank deserves to be in the hall without a doubt

Dibble has a been staunch Frank Thomas supporter on BBTN. Earlier in the year, he said that Frank was one of the best right-handed hitters in baseball history. It's too bad those idiots he works with can't see this. ESPN hates the Chicago White Sox.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Well, I'll be darned. I stand corrected in my other post.

Konerkoholic
07-25-2003, 10:48 PM
I really like Rob Dibble.

RKMeibalane
07-25-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
I really like Rob Dibble.

I love that picture of Reese Witherspoon. It's great.

BearSox
07-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

I prefer this one myself :gulp:

:reese

Deadguy
07-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149

I'm surprised that Dibble said that. I remember while Thomas was struggling last year, he called Thomas a "whiner" who should just get his act together.

Konerkoholic
07-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Hell yeah, dude. She's sweet.

Konerkoholic
07-26-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
I'm surprised that Dibble said that. I remember while Thomas was struggling last year, he called Thomas a "whiner" who should just get his act together. \
Maybe Dibble's a big Frank Thomas fan who was really disappointed to see Frank having a subpar season last year. This year, all's well though, and Dib makes sure to get Frank some of the praise he deserves.

doublem23
07-26-2003, 02:40 AM
Earlier in the year, Dibble wrote something for ESPN.com and raved about Frank and said he's a Hall-of-Famer in his opinion.

FJA
07-26-2003, 03:21 AM
Dib's been pretty consistent about Frank Thomas all year ...